Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great win by the Hogs

Started by mizzouman, January 24, 2015, 03:33:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

January 24, 2015, 03:33:06 pm Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:55:52 pm by mizzouman
Great win. A little closer than I expected but a win nevertheless. Take it easy on us at BWA.

rtr

Quote from: mizzouman on January 24, 2015, 03:33:06 pm
Great win. A little closer that I expected but a win nevertheless. Take it easy on us at BWA.
Mizzou will be back soon, they have a lot of young talent.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

forrest city joe

Great win. A little closer that I expected but a win nevertheless. Take it easy on us at BWA.
I hope we beat the hell out of your team at Bud Walton.

Bacon_Bitz

Mizzou will not beat us in anything but women's softball for at least half a decade.  I cannot wait to clobber Maty "Too Cool for Supercuts" Mauk next year.  The basketball team is irrelevant and will be indefinitely.

Thepigdoctor

Classy Mizzou. You guys have some talented young players, just need time. Extremely young, but some clutch shooters. Future looks bright for you guys.

mizzouman

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 24, 2015, 03:35:36 pm
I hope we beat the hell out of your team at Bud Walton.
Thanks FCJ. For your sanity, I hope that happens as well.

mizzouman

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on January 24, 2015, 03:45:13 pm
Classy Mizzou. You guys have some talented young players, just need time. Extremely young, but some clutch shooters. Future looks bright for you guys.
Future bright, but the present, not so much.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: mizzouman on January 24, 2015, 03:57:30 pm
Future bright, but the present, not so much.

I wasn't sure about the Kim Anderson hire, I'll admit that. Seemed they could have done better, but what he's done with such an inexperienced lineup has bee solid. They've been inconsistent, as expected with so much youth, but he seems to get the most out of them, more times than not. I think their best basketball is yet to come, they certainly fight.

Nipsey Mussle

Kim Anderson is pretty much doing the opposite of Haith. Haith inherited a great team and proved not to be a good coach. Kim has inherited a bad team and looks to be coaching them well.

Mizzou will be good in the future. Hopefully we can beat them for Kapita.

mizzouman

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 24, 2015, 04:02:37 pm
Kim Anderson is pretty much doing the opposite of Haith. Haith inherited a great team and proved not to be a good coach. Kim has inherited a bad team and looks to be coaching them well.

Mizzou will be good in the future. Hopefully we can beat them for Kapita.
Next 2 classes are critical. The number one junior in the nation is in STL. We've been recruiting him for 3 years. The number one sophomore in the nation is in Columbia. His sister plays on the Mizzou's women's team and dad is an assistant. We get both of these and we are looking strong.

But that's the future. The present, the Hogs are just better, period.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: mizzouman on January 24, 2015, 04:29:42 pm
Next 2 classes are critical. The number one junior in the nation is in STL. We've been recruiting him for 3 years. The number one sophomore in the nation is in Columbia. His sister plays on the Mizzou's women's team and dad is an assistant. We get both of these and we are looking strong.

But that's the future. The present, the Hogs are just better, period.
Wow, that worked out well for you guys. Sounds like the sophomore at least is a very good possibility.

hobhog

Great win may be pushing it. How about great escape?

This team has long way to go, but still fighting....

mizzouman

Quote from: BBsTheMan on January 24, 2015, 04:39:08 pm
Wow, that worked out well for you guys. Sounds like the sophomore at least is a very good possibility.

Yeah, Michael Porter

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12096409

RacinRazorback

WPS! A big road win for sure. Good to see Harris step up and have a big game, he was a big part of why we were in the game at the end. Mizzou has a young team that will get better. Haith left them in bad shape all the way around but I think given a couple years coach Anderson will have them playing at a high level.

JRHoward

Thanks for a classy post.  Mizos is not far away from being a very good team.  Let the rivalry build.  The new coach has 3 times the class that the last coach exhibited.  :razorback: woo pig!
Woooo Pig!

Cresthog

Mizzou has zero shot at the Chaminade kid.

You'll lose him to Kansas or Florida like every other top STL talent. It's sad how bad you guys are at recruiting two major metro areas. What is the deal with that? Even Mike couldn't really do it, not that he's known for recruiting.

devildoghawg

I can't understand why when a poster from another school comes on here and pays a compliment to our team, some of you feel the need to go e-thug.  Jesus Christ some of you people need to let go and relax. 
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

RunHogruN

Quote from: devildoghawg on January 25, 2015, 08:45:29 am
I can't understand why when a poster from another school comes on here and pays a compliment to our team, some of you feel the need to go e-thug.  Jesus Christ some of you people need to let go and relax.

They are prolly still drunk lol...
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

popcornhog

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 24, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
Mizzou will not beat us in anything but women's softball for at least half a decade.  I cannot wait to clobber Maty "Too Cool for Supercuts" Mauk next year.  The basketball team is irrelevant and will be indefinitely.

Jesus Christ, how old are you?
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Cresthog on January 25, 2015, 08:37:51 am

You'll lose him to Kansas or Florida like every other top STL talent. It's sad how bad you guys are at recruiting two major metro areas. What is the deal with that? Even Mike couldn't really do it, not that he's known for recruiting.

FWIW, I live in KC and it's pretty much 70/30 in favor of KU fans. I work with way more KU grads than Mizzou grads. It's in far west Missouri less than an hour from Lawrence. So that explains that.

Saint Louis is Mizzou country though.
WPS

mizzouman

Quote from: Cresthog on January 25, 2015, 08:37:51 am

We have been recruiting Tatum for a very long time. We may not get him but it won't be for the lack of trying.

Sometimes kids just want to go somewhere else. The last 2 Chaminade kids we lost out on. David Lee just wanted to go to Florida. We recruited him hard. Brad Beal was barely recruited which is still a little sore spot but he understandably went to Florida.

But we will about Tatum. I think Duke is in good shape as well.

mizzouman

Quote from: popcornhog on January 25, 2015, 09:13:02 am
FWIW, I live in KC and it's pretty much 70/30 in favor of KU fans. I work with way more KU grads than Mizzou grads. It's in far west Missouri less than an hour from Lawrence. So that explains that.

Being from the STL area, we fight Illinois as well for a fanbase. You are right in that KC has a ton of ku fans. ku campus is closer to KC than the MU campus is.

The problem is that the 2 metro areas in Missouri is also very close if not closer to other major schools than it is to Mizzou.

mizzouman

Quote from: popcornhog on January 25, 2015, 09:13:02 am

By the way, it probably more like 60-40 ku in KC. At least that's what I'm hearing from both alumni base. But, Mizxou had never had a problem recruiting KC.

mizzouman

Back to the Hogs win, I didn't think they played well yesterday but still won. That's really a sign that things are coming together. Now, can the Hogs play more consistantly, game by game, half by half?  We will see.

McKdaddy

Quote from: mizzouman on January 25, 2015, 09:43:38 am
Now, can the Hogs play more consistantly, game by game, half by half?  We will see.

No doubt MM....for many years that has been a question about Razorback basketball.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

popcornhog

Quote from: mizzouman on January 25, 2015, 09:38:04 am
By the way, it probably more like 60-40 ku in KC. At least that's what I'm hearing from both alumni base. But, Mizxou had never had a problem recruiting KC.

I'm admittedly unfamiliar with Mizzou's historical recruiting.

I've been in KC for a year and a half now and it seems pretty overwhelmingly KU, but maybe it's just the area that I live in (downtown KCMO/garment district).

Lawrence is right down the road though, so it's not really surprising.

STL on the other hand -- I've been a Cardinals fan my whole life and always noticed when going to games that Saint Louis is dominated by Mizzou fans.
WPS

mizzouman

Quote from: popcornhog on January 25, 2015, 09:55:01 am
I'm admittedly unfamiliar with Mizzou's historical recruiting.

I've been in KC for a year and a half now and it seems pretty overwhelmingly KU, but maybe it's just the area that I live in (downtown KCMO/garment district).

Lawrence is right down the road though, so it's not really surprising.

STL on the other hand -- I've been a Cardinals fan my whole life and always noticed when going to games that Saint Louis is dominated by Mizzou fans.
You're right. Depends on where you are in KC. Downtown area and of course the West side, the Kansas side is ku heavy. But the burbs, heading east, becomes more Mizzou. Lees Summit, Independence and if you go north of south, it becomes more Mizzou. But, we have more issues in STL recruiting than we have in KC

micali

Quote from: hobhog on January 24, 2015, 07:14:20 pm
Great win may be pushing it. How about great escape?

This team has long way to go, but still fighting....
If we were at home then I can understand this statement but on the road any win is a great win.  Some of the great teams only win by the numbers we did today on the road.  I'm not saying we're great at all but we have matched our total road wins this season and it's early.  I think we're better than even I give them credit for.  I just wish we could show it every time we play.

hawkhawg

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 24, 2015, 03:41:14 pm

I heard that a couple of years ago about football.

mhuff

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on January 24, 2015, 03:45:13 pm

Thanks for tipping your hat.

I thought early in the game that MA had a good strategy guarding J3.   The ball went low and we doubled him and got the ball..... I said to myself that MA was really on the ball tonight. Then, we never did it again. It worked ,so don't do it again.