Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opponents 3point Shooting

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, January 24, 2015, 07:13:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

The last 2 opponents against Arkansas avg. 10 made 3pointer's and 52%.

SEC GAMES
Georgia - vs. Hogs  45%    vs. all others  33.1%

Vandy -   vs.  Hogs  42.8%   vs. all others  37.4%

Tenn. -    vs. Hogs   46.1%    vs. all others  35.2%

Miss. -     vs. Hogs   53.3 %   vs. all others  34.7%

Bama -    vs. Hogs   50%     vs. all others  29.9%

If Arkansas holds teams to their average were 5-0 or 4-1 at the very least in the SEC right now in conference standings.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

OrvilleRedenporker

Yep. Too much gambling.  Leaving people wide open. #dumbest40

OrvilleRedenporker

We also boost poor shooting teams by pressing and allowing them to have dunks. If we had played full court man we'd have beat Tenn by double digits

RacinRazorback

Defense Defense Defense! Thats what keeps us from being a very good team. We don't defend the 3 or the rim. Teams put up season high stats against us nearly every game.

rzrbackramsfan

Good find op.  That kind of shows, if we CAN start to close out quicker and contest more threes where their 3 pt percentage drops and everything else remains the same, we might be pretty dang good come tourney time.

Dominicanhog

Some of the shots in the last game had people all in their face... I totally agree our 3pt D is slow and people get good looks and a lot of them, but the shooting percentages are unreal, even for shooting around in an empty gym...

The_Bionic_Pig

A ton of those shots were contested...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

bigred223

D needs to get better, but ole miss and Bama hit a lot of contested three pointers.

TheRazorback500

Our guards don't fight through screens well which forces guys on the inside to try to get a hand up, usually too late to disrupt the shooter. I've even seen some times where our defender will actually turn his back on the shooter and look for the rebound.

It is frustrating. I watch these same teams play against other opponents and they can't hit the broad side of a barn. Something about seeing that Hog brings out the best in SEC shooters, especially ones you've never heard of!

:razorback:

Do you wanna get Rocked?

rhinohog84

And it continues...hopefully we'll turn it around in the 2nd half

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 24, 2015, 09:22:56 am
A ton of those shots were contested...

I didn't see many open ones. Not any more than a normal game.

Letsroll1200

This is becoming a bad trend for the hogs.

toxichog

we are a poor defensive team.......Mike has said so........he also said he can fix it, and really hope so......it's our only chance.
Hard to fix when the guards can't flatten the ball out at all.....the other teams point guards do whatever they want from wherever on the floor they want........

bcdeputy

When it happens every darn game it's not the other teams just "getting hot" as all the "expert" radio guys want to claim.

It's incredibly poor defense by the Razorbacks.

Hoggish1

If you leave guys wide open to shoot in rhythm, you are going to get that kind of 3-pt shooting %age

Granny fan

No defense!!!!! I've said it all year!

jjdlc

We definitely give up some open looks, but a lot of those made threes were contested, it's a little mind boggling.

311Hog

while this is bad, what is worse for me is how WE are at 3 point shooting sheesh.

Hoggish1

Quote from: bigred223 on January 24, 2015, 09:33:36 am
D needs to get better, but ole miss and Bama hit a lot of contested three pointers.

It's not a contested shot when you run at the guy who's up in the air and has just let the ball go.  Doing that never rattles a shooter.

Hoggish1

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on January 24, 2015, 09:52:45 am
Our guards don't fight through screens well which forces guys on the inside to try to get a hand up, usually too late to disrupt the shooter.

Exactly right!

jchill

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 24, 2015, 08:16:26 am
Some of the shots in the last game had people all in their face... I totally agree our 3pt D is slow and people get good looks and a lot of them, but the shooting percentages are unreal, even for shooting around in an empty gym...

That's the point I was trying to make in another thread. Sometimes teams just get hot and make unbelievable shots regardless of defense or lack thereof. Unfortunately, the Hogs faced a quite of few of those teams.

azhog10

The contested threes don't bother me. It's the wide open looks that we give up that allow guys to get going and lead to them hitting contested shots. In the Bama game we gave that small guard of theirs some early open looks and got him going. Portis seems to always be the guy that's getting lit up due to not getting out on shooters or not rotating out. At some point you can't say, teams just hit shots against us. It's sometvjng we aren't doing that others are and we need to figure it out. If we don't we are NIT bound and if we do we might just be a sweet 16 type of team.

Our transition defense and 3pt defense has to get better for us to win consistently.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 24, 2015, 07:13:59 am
The last 2 opponents against Arkansas avg. 10 made 3pointer's and 52%.

SEC GAMES
Georgia - vs. Hogs  45%    vs. all others  33.1%

Vandy -   vs.  Hogs  42.8%   vs. all others  37.4%

Tenn. -    vs. Hogs   46.1%    vs. all others  35.2%

Miss. -     vs. Hogs   53.3 %   vs. all others  34.7%

Bama -    vs. Hogs   50%     vs. all others  29.9%

If Arkansas holds teams to their average were 5-0 or 4-1 at the very least in the SEC right now in conference standings.

updating that, Hogs held Mizzu to pretty much their season averages both for 3pt% and 3pt shots made, they shot just under 39% while on the season they shoot just under 35%, and they average 6.68 made 3's per game, Sat they made 7.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE