Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Once again....

Started by porkrindjimmy, March 08, 2018, 10:54:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

Folks get mad, cuss this team, cuss Mike, dogcuss Anton Beard, say Mike is a bum coach who is getting outcoached by the great Frank Martin....

Yeah about that. I believe Mike is now 7-1 in the last 8 against Frank.

We may not be where all of us would like to be but I will tell you when teams try to get ugly with us, we get ugly right back and we win ballgames. We are tough even when we look bored. We are gritty even when we don't look like we have a clue....

Congratulations to the team. Macon off, not Daniels best game and missing DT just a bit and all we do is win the game. SC beat Kentucky, Beat Florida this year....but this team stayed with it....

GO HOGS BEAT THE GATORS.....

PRJ

Randohoggie

I agree, and as usual, still feel like I have to sterilize my screen after reading your posts.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 08, 2018, 10:54:40 pm
Folks get mad, cuss this team, cuss Mike, dogcuss Anton Beard, say Mike is a bum coach who is getting outcoached by the great Frank Martin....

We may not be where all of us would like to be but I will tell you when teams try to get ugly with us, we get ugly right back and we win ballgames. We are tough even when we look bored. We are gritty even when we don't look like we have a clue....

Congratulations to the team. Macon off, not Daniels best game and missing DT just a bit and all we do is win the game. SC beat Kentucky, Beat Florida this year....but this team stayed with it....

PRJ

Great post +1
Hogs up! Covid down!

BannerMountainMan

Trolls almost came out from under the bridge but Barford shut em up for the time being
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 08, 2018, 10:56:25 pm
I agree, and as usual, still feel like I have to sterilize my screen after reading your posts.

I suggest fabulouso.....

Leaves a wonderful scent....water it down good though cuz that shite is the strong...

PRJ

Mjs84

The whole board is dead.  Mediocre Mike just put away a terrible SC team and not a peep from either side?

Randohoggie

Quote from: Mjs84 on March 08, 2018, 11:05:04 pm
The whole board is dead.  Mediocre Mike just put away a terrible SC team and not a peep from either side?

Conference tournaments, unless you really need the wins to get in the NCAA are just meh.  As long as you win your first game as a "lock," your seed isn't likely to change. 

MikePiazza

Tonight's win ensured they won't be lower than a 7. A win over Florida should give them a 6.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

porkrindjimmy

Mediocre Mike just put away a team who went to the final four last year. They are coached by a guy who many were openly pining for to be our coach earlier this year. A coach who is considered a very good coach. Mediocre Mike is 7-1 against him in his last 8.

Frank Martin is a tough dude. His teams play just like him.  Hard and tough as nails. We just beat them at their own ugly game.

Give it a rest dude

PRJ

BentonvilleJeff

Agree with the op. Good solid win and we didn't play our best. I know this time of year is what it's all about. Survive and advance.

panhandlepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 08, 2018, 10:57:55 pm
I suggest fabulouso.....

Leaves a wonderful scent....water it down good though cuz that shite is the strong...

PRJ

The lavender knock off at the Dollar General is the best. You are right. A few capfuls and you are good

Dudeman

Good win. Survive and advance. Mike Anderson is an great coach.
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

RedBird5

Any win is good in the  conference or NCAA tournaments.  Ever watch tourney ball before?  Just win. But thanks for the great post.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 08, 2018, 11:12:20 pm
The lavender knock off at the Dollar General is the best. You are right. A few capfuls and you are good

These are the things this board needs more of.  Had no idea the DG carried off brand fabulouso.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 08, 2018, 11:53:55 pm
Well damn,  They had us at 26-10 and a five seed in the SECT on Finebaum, today.

I'm mystified
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Mark anderson

Mediocre mike is totally laughable. The guy wins and wins and wins we are going to our third tourney in 4 years after 15 years of true mediocrity and you think he is mediocre? Non sense

3kgthog

And Frank Martin has still gone to a Final Four, a place Mike Anderson will never get to as head coach of the Hogs.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 09, 2018, 12:42:59 am
And Frank Martin has still gone to a Final Four, a place Mike Anderson will never get to as head coach of the Hogs.

Oh Good Lord.  If you were a South Carolina fan you would've been saying the same thing about Ol' Frank right up until a year ago.  We've already been compared to last years S. Carolina team by a few analysts.  Mike came within a game before anyone knew who tf Frank Martin was.  This is just an asinine post by an obvious troll. Get a life.

KlubhouseKonnected

But that's not REALLY the issue for you is it?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Mjs84

Lol, you guys just wait until we play a quality team.  Oh well, always next year, right fellas?

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 09, 2018, 12:59:54 am
But that's not REALLY the issue for you is it?

I smell what you keep stepping in but you would be a lot more effective if you would just come out and say things.  I realize it's risky attaching your screen name to your posts but the sly subtle act isn't driving the point home.

latrops

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 08, 2018, 11:07:51 pm
Conference tournaments, unless you really need the wins to get in the NCAA are just meh.  As long as you win your first game as a "lock," your seed isn't likely to change.

We should beat this SC team this time of the year.  They aren't very good.  Not much to lose or gain in that game.  Just don't get anyone hurt. 

Beating Florida would make things very interesting as that is a meaningful win and puts us in striking distance of our first conference tournament championship since these Hogs were in diapers.

I think many are more concerned with what we do next weekend than this one. 

redhogchilipepper

First and foremost real men wash their bibs in Borax. This team is tough. The bench is playing more and plays tough D. That's going to payoff when we get to the dance. We're going to have some close games and that's going to be the difference vs teams that only play 7 or 8. If we can shut down Allen we'll beat Florida

Adam Stokes

And you would've fired him in year 4 after never making a tourney. He's made the tourney once in 6 years at SC. As much as it hurts to hear, Anderson is better.

Kevin

as much as they drive me crazy, this team on most night do the basic requirement:

just win, baby
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PharmacistHog

PRJ starts a good thread and we still have posters chomping at the bit to fight. What in the hell is wrong with some of you? I am so sick of it. It would be a fulltime job to keep your trash out of this forum. Its really gonna suck to be banned during march madness but thats where we are headed. And the next post I see that is racebaiting, you are gone without warning. You know who you are.

How bout yall enjoy the team for once and not come here looking to fight and argue. Its beyond old. I had to delete over ten posts in the game thread during a game we basically controlled. Ridiculous.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

forrest city joe

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 09, 2018, 06:49:36 am
PRJ starts a good thread and we still have posters chomping at the bit to fight. What in the hell is wrong with some of you? I am so sick of it. It would be a fulltime job to keep your trash out of this forum. Its really gonna suck to be banned during march madness but thats where we are headed. And the next post I see that is racebaiting, you are gone without warning. You know who you are.

How bout yall enjoy the team for once and not come here looking to fight and argue. Its beyond old. I had to delete over ten posts in the game thread during a game we basically controlled. Ridiculous.
Thank you,thank you,thank you.i am enjoying all this winning.so proud of our players and coaches.Hogs having another outstanding season.GO HOGS.

forrest city joe

PRJ
+1000.great post Jimmy.

DeltaBoy

Bottom line is that Hogs win.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Greyhands

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 09, 2018, 07:07:32 am
Bottom line is that Hogs win.
and about to head to the tourney in back to back years how long has it been since we did that

forrest city joe

Quote from: Dudeman on March 08, 2018, 11:12:21 pm
Good win. Survive and advance. Mike Anderson is an great coach.
+1000

HogBreath

Quote from: Greyhands on March 09, 2018, 07:12:55 am
and about to head to the tourney in back to back years how long has it been since we did that
At least seven years.  Woo hoo.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

PermianPig

When is the last time we beat Florida in basketball?

GuvHog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 09, 2018, 05:15:41 am
And you would've fired him in year 4 after never making a tourney. He's made the tourney once in 6 years at SC. As much as it hurts to hear, Anderson is better.

It isn't necessary to tear down another coach to make Mike look better. Mike Anderson is a good coach on his own and you make yourself look petty doing that.

As for Frank Martin and the Gamecocks, they were expected to have a down year due to having lost a number of Seniors from last year's team including their best Guard. Arkansas will face the same situation next year after losing 6 and possibly 7 scholarship players from this years team. It's the nature of the game.

Last night's win was the one I really wanted. The seniors didn't have a stellar night but the team came together as a whole and got the win. For me, any further SEC Tournament wins will be icing on the cake.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Little Lady Back

PRJ

Great post PRJ!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

RagingHawgOn

Not surprised at all we won that game.  It fits the pattern.

We have, at most, five games left in this season.

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on March 09, 2018, 07:37:55 am
It isn't necessary to tear down another coach to make Mike look better. Mike Anderson is a good coach on his own and you make yourself look petty doing that.

As for Frank Martin and the Gamecocks, they were expected to have a down year due to having lost a number of Seniors from last year's team including their best Guard. Arkansas will face the same situation next year after losing 6 and possibly 7 scholarship players from this years team. It's the nature of the game.

Last night's win was the one I really wanted. The seniors didn't have a stellar night but the team came together as a whole and got the win. For me, any further SEC Tournament wins will be icing on the cake.
The seniors they lost? you mean like Mosses,Dusty and Manny?we lost our 3 seniors who helped win a lot of games.and Mike Anderson still won 22 games,and has his team back in the Dance.i would say that is a hell of a coaching job.

GuvHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 09, 2018, 07:51:25 am
The seniors they lost? you mean like Mosses,Dusty and Manny?we lost our 3 seniors who helped win a lot of games.and Mike Anderson still won 22 games,and has his team back in the Dance.i would say that is a hell of a coaching job.

I said he is a good coach. Yes, the Hogs lost 3 very good players off of last years team but they returned 6 Seniors including 2 stellar Guards and added an NBA Big man. This is a very talented team, no doubt about it.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 09, 2018, 07:51:25 am
Who you lose is not as important as who you return.  Basically, the only quality player that USCe returned was Silvia.  It was going to be a down year for them the minute Dozier left earlier.

We will be facing the same issue next year the minute Gafford declares.  I would not be surprised to see us a 11 seed in next year's tournament just like USCe is this year. 

steveaustin69

Glad the refs finally had our back for once.

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on March 09, 2018, 07:56:15 am
I said he is a good coach. Yes, the Hogs lost 3 very good players off of last years team but they returned 6 Seniors including 2 stellar Guards and added an NBA Big man. This is a very talented team, no doubt about it.
Nobody though that Gafford was an NBA big man.remember the people who wanted Mike fired last year said on here that they were willing to give up last years recruiting class if it meant getting rid of Mike. they posted nobody in the class was that good.now people want to act like they knew Gafford would be this good.NOT!maybe coaching by Mike and his staff helped Gafford be this good.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Greyhands on March 09, 2018, 07:12:55 am

Three straight under Heath and Pelphrey. This shouldn't be considered some world beater accomplishment.

Solid win last night; team didn't play well, but were able to squeeze it out.

porkrindjimmy

If Gafford will stay another year, if Garland is cleared to play, and the incoming class we have coming in, next year sets up to be one heck of a year.

It is building.

PRJ

Snout team

If anyone thinks there was not a method to the madness last night they haven't been around long or weren't paying attention.  Mike was intentionally resting players and keeping Gafford from fouling out.  When SC would start to come back, Mike quickly put his best players back in the game.

Losing Thomas hurt us last night.  Bailey gave great effort but didn't have his best game for sure.

SC was taking cheap shots at Gafford all night trying to frustrate and foul him out.  When he would get frustrated, Mike would sit him for a few.

The decision to put Thompson and Gafford in together at the end of the game was a great move and might have saved the game...............that and Barford coming up big time with a 30ft 3 at the end of the shot clock.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

steveaustin69

March 09, 2018, 08:08:33 am #44 Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:28:33 am by steveaustin69
Quote from: forrest city joe on March 09, 2018, 08:04:49 am
Nobody though that Gafford was an NBA big man.remember the people who wanted Mike fired last year said on here that they were willing to give up last years recruiting class if it meant getting rid of Mike. they posted nobody in the class was that good.now people want to act like they knew Gafford would be this good.NOT!maybe coaching by Mike and his staff helped Gafford be this good.

He was the 39th ranked player in the nation; it's not like he came out of nowhere.

Having said that, no, he wasn't projected as a potential one and done.

This board would make you believe next year's class is the second coming and it's headlined by the 99th player in the nation.

steveaustin69

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 09, 2018, 08:07:24 am
If Gafford will stay another year, if Garland is cleared to play, and the incoming class we have coming in, next year sets up to be one heck of a year.

It is building.

PRJ

Three IFS

Polecat

Quote from: PermianPig on March 09, 2018, 07:36:39 am
When is the last time we beat Florida in basketball?

I believe we have lost 8 straight to Florida. Time to break the streak
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: #hammerdown on March 09, 2018, 08:08:23 am
The decision to put Thompson and Gafford in together at the end of the game was a great move and might have saved the game...............

Agree 100%.  MA stumbled upon something there.

RagingHawgOn

GuvHog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 09, 2018, 08:07:24 am

It is building.

PRJ

Not really. Next year's team will be seriously young and inexperienced. Even if Gafford does come back, the next tallest player on the team will be maybe 6'9" and that is pushing it. That ain't good and it's why next year is expected to be a down year for the Hogs. Rarely ever does a team lose 6 scholarship players with 4 of them being Senior Starters most of the year and still have a good year the next season.