Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Putting Florida on notice!

Started by mj4president, March 08, 2018, 10:40:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

You're next! Woo Pig!

Let's go, Hogs!
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Hulk HOGan

I get the feeling Florida is going to roll. So we'll probably win.

HOGINTENNESSEE

HardCore

Yes, notice Florida......spot us 15 points!!!  You can't lose
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

mj4president

We'll mop the floor with gator skin. Macon and Jaylen will go off.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

phadedhawg

We didn't play our best tonight.  However, we had some boys make some huge plays.  Bench players played some real minutes and gained some confidence.  If we get hot tomorrow and not fade in the 2nd half, we could win.

rtr

Alternate Hall, Gabe O, Cook and Jones on Allen.  Tell them they have 5 fouls to give.  If nothing else, don't let Allen beat you as he has before.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Hoggish1

Danny J

razorpimp

*Fingers crossed*
Don't make Allen look like an all American....don't make Allen look like an all American.....don't make Allen.............

razorpimp

If we play full court, press Hog lose by double digits.....play half court grind it out then Hogs win

hawgball40

porkrindjimmy

I'll say this...if we would come in and rough Florida up, make the game a gritty, ugly knockdown dragout, I will go with us.

We play better ugly  I know we want to run and gun but THIS TEAM plays better when we have to grind and it is an ugly basketball game.

Our guys are conditioned for it.

PRJ

zebradynasty

Quote from: razorpimp on March 08, 2018, 11:05:25 pm
If we play full court, press Hog lose by double digits.....play half court grind it out then Hogs win

There it is!^

PORKULATOR

Oh yeah. Tomorrow is the Gator BEATDOWN. ...FINALLY.
TWILL TASTE SWEETER THAN ANY!
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 08, 2018, 11:07:23 pm
I'll say this...if we would come in and rough Florida up, make the game a gritty, ugly knockdown dragout, I will go with us.

We play better ugly  I know we want to run and gun but THIS TEAM plays better when we have to grind and it is an ugly basketball game.

Our guys are conditioned for it.

PRJ

Macon and Beard need to be reminded they boy K-Vaughn hasn't lost to the home state team.  I would probably even tell Day Day he called his momma a bad name one time.  It needs to be Kanis Park hood up in the Lou tomorrow night. Woo pig!

PORKULATOR

Quote from: mj4president on March 08, 2018, 10:49:14 pm
We'll mop the floor with gator skin. Macon and Jaylen will go off.
Macon is due for at least 3 from behind the arc... At LEAST  3
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

jchill

It's been a long time since we've been competitive against Florida, let alone win. We need to get this one in the worst way!

LRHawg

Quote from: razorpimp on March 08, 2018, 11:04:24 pm
*Fingers crossed*
Don't make Allen look like an all American AGAIN....don't make Allen look like an all American AGAIN....don't make Allen.............

This is what, year 3 of him having career games against us?

rude1

Not confident that we can even make it respectable, we certainly haven't played this Fl. team close in any game.

Cornfed Pig

When's the last time we beat Florida away from Bud Walton?

PORKULATOR

When's the last time we beat Florida

upperdeck_hawg

Lets not try to press Chiozza. It hasn't worked. Back off and play tough half court d.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Breems

We've lost 8 straight and 9 of the last 10.

Sadly, we are incapable of beating FL in basketball. Allen will go off for 75 and Chiozza will rack up 56 assists. They'll shoot 180% from 3.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

WBOBO

Allen may be our best friend.  He will NOT shoot like he did earlier this
year against us.  And yes he will be fouled and fouled hard.   Nothing disrupts
an outside shooter's mind  more than a hard foul.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on March 08, 2018, 11:23:09 pm
When's the last time we beat Florida away from Bud Walton?

1995 as far as Gainesville.  Not sure about the SEC tournament.

WBOBO

Quote from: LRHawg on March 08, 2018, 11:17:53 pm
This is what, year 3 of him having career games against us?

I'll bet ya a penny to a buffalo nickel Allen will NOT score more than
11 points against the Hogs.

checkraiser88

We have to play our best defense of the year to beat Florida. They aren't a good matchup for us, but whatever, it's on a neutral court and we are due to beat them!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Breems on March 08, 2018, 11:35:32 pm

Sadly, we are incapable of beating FL in basketball. Allen will go off for 75 and Chiozza will rack up 56 assists. They'll shoot 180% from 3.

Yep

King Kong

Time for a screw Florida thread?

WBOBO

Sadly Breems I disagree this time.   

WBOBO

Quote from: WBOBO on March 09, 2018, 12:25:10 am
Sadly Breems I disagree this time.   
I'm more optimistic than ever we will beat them.  I'm sad you don't
think so.

WBOBO

If we get the same officiating crew tonight  yeah we lose.  They need to keep their
whistles in their pocket for this one.  SEC officials need to be put on notice they
better tighten up or Southland Conference officials will scoot in.  They let the men
play.

rude1

Quote from: WBOBO on March 09, 2018, 12:30:44 am
If we get the same officiating crew tonight  yeah we lose.  They need to keep their
whistles in their pocket for this one.  SEC officials need to be put on notice they
better tighten up or Southland Conference officials will scoot in.  They let the men
play.
Huh? We shot 10 more free throws than SC did, it would seem that we would want them for every game the rest of the season.

Mark anderson

Quote from: WBOBO on March 09, 2018, 12:26:47 am
I'm more optimistic than ever we will beat them.  I'm sad you don't
think so.

I think a loss might be better for us but hard to not want to win

BenDial

Florida will have the fresh legs advantage, but I love that we've just played a game (and won) on that court. I've always felt that in neutral site tournaments, a team's best game is their second game. They still have relatively fresh legs and now they have a game of experience shooting in that building. Both teams are guard-centric, so the familiarity with playing on that floor could be a nice advantage for us. Plus, we play like 81 different guys, and outside of Beard, nobody played a ridiculous number of minutes. South Carolina did a decent job of keeping the pace down too. We'll be as fresh as we could have hoped.

I think it's a 50/50 game honestly.

Tejano Jawg

It's time for the Gators to go down.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Razorod

Tonight, it's personal:

Hogs 75
UF    71

Little more offense tonight. Hogs secure a 6 seed.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

HogBreath

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 08, 2018, 11:00:57 pm
Aligaytr tastes like chicken
Chicken or no chicken, do not eat Alleygayter, that's what causes that ole Aids.

Better off to just get you some chicken if youn's chicken hungry.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Breems

Quote from: BenDial on March 09, 2018, 12:50:34 am
Florida will have the fresh legs advantage, but I love that we've just played a game (and won) on that court. I've always felt that in neutral site tournaments, a team's best game is their second game. They still have relatively fresh legs and now they have a game of experience shooting in that building. Both teams are guard-centric, so the familiarity with playing on that floor could be a nice advantage for us. Plus, we play like 81 different guys, and outside of Beard, nobody played a ridiculous number of minutes. South Carolina did a decent job of keeping the pace down too. We'll be as fresh as we could have hoped.

I think it's a 50/50 game honestly.

Hey, Ben Dial.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

riccoar

Well, if we want to put ourselves in a position to win 2 in the NCAAT, this game is a must. 

NorthDallas40

I thank the Hogs win today because - after getting a good night's rest - something is somehow going to click for the first time this year and they are going to guard the 3, rebound, have a successful press and run some semblance of an offense.

TNhawgfan

I think we play better, but hey, two of our guards can't play any worse - Beard (0 for 5 in 37 minutes), Macon (2-10 in 29 minutes)
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

TeufelHog

If we play the way we played South Carolina, Florida will beat us by 20.  The USCe game was just an ugly win.  So many stupid mistakes on our part.  Hope we got them all out of our system.

hawg66

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 09, 2018, 06:56:32 am
I think we play better, but hey, two of our guards can't play any worse - Beard (0 for 5 in 37 minutes), Macon (2-10 in 29 minutes)
people who only focus on his scoring miss the value of Beard. He played a whale of a game last night.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: WBOBO on March 08, 2018, 11:47:39 pm
I'll bet ya a penny to a buffalo nickel Allen will NOT score more than
11 points against the Hogs.

LOL, he will score that many from the foul line.

Snout team

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 08, 2018, 11:11:53 pm
Macon and Beard need to be reminded they boy K-Vaughn hasn't lost to the home state team.  I would probably even tell Day Day he called his momma a bad name one time.  It needs to be Kanis Park hood up in the Lou tomorrow night. Woo pig!

Nope.  We don't play well in revenge games.  Just treat this one like any other.  Macon was off last night from 3 worse than I have ever seen.  Maybe he will light it up tonight.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

BenDial

Pig in the Pokey

March 09, 2018, 08:32:05 pm #48 Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 10:55:18 pm by Pig in the Pokey
definitely darned on them.
Quote from: Hulk HOGan on March 08, 2018, 10:44:47 pm
I get the feeling Florida is going to roll. So we'll probably win.
that feeling you are feeling is YOUR OWN self esteem issue. MINE feeling is Daniel Gafford is going to darn all over these fools.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli