Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

recruiting Memphis

Started by husker71, March 07, 2018, 02:00:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Kevin on March 07, 2018, 08:59:13 am
ad's just cannot help themselves. they just want to win the press conference. penny has never coached in college. I love how people immediately think he is going to be great. he is just a name. if he does bring larry brown in to help, let the cheating begin.

hey ad's how about hiring guys who have been successful at coaching college basketball.

Maybe someone should of told Mr. Integrity Long that before he hired his nostalgia act?
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

husker71

who??  Like Tubby or Stallings or Crean.  I am old but I know the world is changing and I also know that in the past hiring a high school coach would never work (Bob Wade)  but Penny is different IMHO.  High School and AAU success who is still young enough for those to remember and dont forget Lil Penny who these kids grew up with.  As stated before in one of my rants I would never be  for this except in this market and with this coach.

husker71

Look how many coaches will be fired in the next few days and they were all considered the "hot" coach or an up and comer and now they are gone.  Give me some names of who you would like to hire and lets just take a look.  Even harder for inner city schools like DePaul, who has hired coach after coach and St Johns who at least had a near 500 record this year after 3 years of Mullins.  Unless you control your city you are in big trouble if you are a inner city school.  I read somewhere that Tubby has 2 recruits right now for next year  one is a 3 star and the other is not ranked.  Meanwhile Penny is surrounded by kids that can play.  No matter what some haters think Memphis has always been loaded with talent inside the city.  I am not a Memphis lover at all but what if they had hired Nolan right after he left here??  I think they would be in a much much better place today.