Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chances the Hogs win the SECT?

Started by HeyHogs, February 28, 2018, 03:58:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you feel the chances are that the Hogs can come out of St. Louis with the title?

100%
4 (1.3%)
75%
18 (5.7%)
50%
71 (22.5%)
25%
160 (50.8%)
0%
62 (19.7%)

Total Members Voted: 315

txkhog

HognotinMemphis

Yet another forgettable season. Just like the previous 6 under Anderson, who gets $2 million+ per year to give us this.

I cannot recall a single event in the past 7 seasons. Nothing meaningful and nothing even memorable.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 04, 2018, 10:28:41 am
Yet another forgettable season. Just like the previous 6 under Anderson, who gets $2 million+ per year to give us this.

I cannot recall a single event in the past 7 seasons. Nothing meaningful and nothing even memorable.
what?😂😂
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Breems

0%

If we get past USCe, FL will beat us easily as always.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

DemiHOG

alohawg

I can, the Qualls dunk to beat UK and playing good enough to knock off the eventual champs last tourney, but getting screwed over by the stripes......again.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

davril98

So seeing as we didn't actually beat UNC last year,  basically one thing, the Qualls dunk. Awesome

orvillesghost

zero

I cant go as far as to say Anderson has never had a truly meaningful win so far but at best they are very few...

widespreadsooie

widespreadsooie

Sounds like you have Alzheimer disease

RacinRazorback

ZERO! We have the athletes, just something missing from this team. We have a tendancy to play flat and uninspired at times. Can't do that and win any tourney!

rljjr

We can beat any team in this league by 20. We can lose to any team in this league by 20. It depends on who is hot.

Atlhogfan1

Major conference tourneys are like bowl games.  Which teams care about being there and winning. 

Bama needs a win vs A&M.  They could use 2.  We wouldn't see them till the Finals.

LSU and Miss St need multiple wins.  A sleeper to win 2 or 3 could come from the winner of this game.

The top 4 seeds don't need to win.  UK cares about the SECT.  The others shouldn't given their depth.

Mizzou vs UK in St L on Fri afternoon should be about the best fan atmosphere this weekend.

Florida will be the last team to play a game in the tourney.  They are a team who relies on perimeter shooting.  Only Mizzou and Vandy get a higher % of their points from 3.  Could see them starting slow.

The next game for us would be interesting as it would be Tenn who has little depth or LSU-MSU playing their 3rd game in 3 days. 

So I think if we are motivated, if Barford and Macon hold up for 4 games in 4 days and if someone else takes out UK, we could win the SECT.  Don't know if we would want Mizzou in St L on Sunday though. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

OldTimeHawg

Just depends on how the cards fall. 

I think I can see us with about a 25 to 33% chance of winning, which is as good as anyone.  I like how we are NOT on the Kentucky side of the bracket until the finals, but Florida is just a team that constantly plays their best game against us.  I personally don't see that happening again, but I think we lose to Tennessee in the Semis despite their depth.  If we play someone not named Kentucky in the finals I think we win the whole thing.
HOGS = LIFE

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: rljjr on March 05, 2018, 10:18:33 am
We can beat any team in this league by 20. We can lose to any team in this league by 20. It depends on who is hot.
Definition of inconsistency. Regarding the mental aspect of basketball and the sustained focus it requires to be really good, this team is dumber than dirt.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: JONAS on February 28, 2018, 04:01:19 pm
I want another shot at LSU or Mississippi State In the tournament.

Why?

We couldn't defend Waters both times we played LSU.

We also had trouble against Q. Weatherspoon and Lamar Peters.  Peters may be the best Guard in the SEC that no one talks about.  Peters scored 25 points last year as a Freshman in a game against Kentucky.

LRHawg

I'd like our chances against TN better than FL. We always play like dogshit against FL.

hobhog

So nice to have such confidence in the program....

Pumbaa

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 05, 2018, 10:26:45 am
Major conference tourneys are like bowl games.  Which teams care about being there and winning. 

Bama needs a win vs A&M.  They could use 2.  We wouldn't see them till the Finals.

LSU and Miss St need multiple wins.  A sleeper to win 2 or 3 could come from the winner of this game.

The top 4 seeds don't need to win.  UK cares about the SECT.  The others shouldn't given their depth.

Mizzou vs UK in St L on Fri afternoon should be about the best fan atmosphere this weekend.

Florida will be the last team to play a game in the tourney.  They are a team who relies on perimeter shooting.  Only Mizzou and Vandy get a higher % of their points from 3.  Could see them starting slow.

The next game for us would be interesting as it would be Tenn who has little depth or LSU-MSU playing their 3rd game in 3 days. 

So I think if we are motivated, if Barford and Macon hold up for 4 games in 4 days and if someone else takes out UK, we could win the SECT.  Don't know if we would want Mizzou in St L on Sunday though.

Just get me to Sunday and I won't care who we are playing.

HeyHogs

Quote from: pigface on March 04, 2018, 07:48:06 am
Zero to none, but we do have a good basketball team.
How's it looking now?