Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What’s the one most important element to the hogs performing well in the NCAAT

Started by popcornhog, February 24, 2018, 09:58:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 26, 2018, 08:38:00 am
Outscoring our opponent.

This one element is the key to our performing well in the NCAAT.

I guess I should rephrase. I apologize for the lack of clarity.

What is the one thing that we need to see happen to help us score more than our opponents in the NCAAT.
WPS

PonderinHog

Quote from: popcornhog on February 26, 2018, 11:02:13 pm

What is the one thing that we need to see happen to help us score more than our opponents in the NCAAT.
While my response was in jest, it was also correct.  We'll go as far as our offense takes us.  If we get hot from the three point line, we can beat anybody.  Our defense is not consistent.

What do you think?  Good thread, BTW.

popcornhog

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 27, 2018, 09:01:48 am
While my response was in jest, it was also correct.  We'll go as far as our offense takes us.  If we get hot from the three point line, we can beat anybody.  Our defense is not consistent.

What do you think?  Good thread, BTW.

Yeah, staying active on offense and shooting well obviously is key.

We play stretches of great defense, but it's incjnsistent.

I still say CJ/bench play will be the single biggest factor in whether or not we can make a run.
WPS

GoHogs1091

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 26, 2018, 12:32:28 am
Shouldn't Miss St make the tournament first before you start worrying about their matchup?

Unless they do a lot of damage in the SEC Tournament, Mississippi State is NIT bound.

Next season though, Howland will have a loaded and experienced team.

They probably will have 3 All-SEC players next season (Q. Weatherspoon, Peters, and Holman).  One of their other players, Abdul Ado, may also be an All-SEC player next season.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: popcornhog on February 26, 2018, 11:02:13 pm

Contributions from Thomas, Jones, Hall and Bailey. Looks like Gafford has found his way. look out for this team. Macon was great tonight!!

TexHog188

Must keep Gafford out of foul trouble, and keep Beard focused.  When Beard's mind wanders, it can go south in a hurry.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 10:15:55 pm
Lots of factors, but something I'd like to see more of is Barford taking the ball to the basket (and Beard not, lol). He's much better as a dual threat. Lately been settling for more jumpers seems like.

Bump