Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like the NHL is back with new rules (for all you Hockey fans)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, July 23, 2005, 04:19:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Seems they are trying to get the fans back (personally never was a fan) by adding new rules that should promote more scoring.

Expanded Offensive Zone
Removal of the Center Red Line to Permit Longer Passes
The "Tag-Up" Rule
Reduced Goaltender Equipment Size
Shootout to Decide Games

Now the Shootout part somewhat intrigues me because its similiar to the one adopted in college football in recent yrs.  I guess for all you closet NHL fans the wait is finally over but some of you diehard fans will not like the new rules because it will allow some records to be shattered easily due to easier scoring.....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

maniax22bolts20

garagephilosopher

Nothing will make this game more exciting...unless they replace all players with swim suit models and replace the ice with jello..Actually keep the ice and turn the temperature down a few degrees and give them squirt guns.

maniax22bolts20

I seriously doubt that you have ever attended a live professional game. You can if act by the way pick of some serious women at those games too.

Porquemada

I can't wait until the NHL drops the puck again. May be flying to Denver to catch an Avalanche game. I like the removal of the centerline, no more two-line passes. It will probably reduce the number of offside calls and face-offs, too.

maniax22bolts20

My best bet is Smashville or St.Louis but Dallas is a possibility also.They need more Sunday games within a driveable distance. BTW, we have jr. hockey right here in Arkansas. Check out the Texarkana Bandits if you get a chance.

garagephilosopher

Sorry Hockey fans...  I do enjoy it when there's a good fight.  Kind of like Nascar waiting for a crash to happen.  But when the hockey highlights are on ESPN that's when I go get another beer or to the john.  And no I haven't been to a live professional "hockey" game.  Heard it's the only way to experience it.  But I've also heard it's the only way to experience a dog show or a Celine Dion concert.  She's big in Canada also.

I just found out Celine is in spellcheck.. What the hell!

Alkehog

I have enjoyed not having to watch hockey highlights on ESPN since I don't follow it enough to know what/who they are talking about - but I must admit I enjoyed watching the little hockey team we had here in LR.  The ice helped my beers stay cold!