Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do athletes get overpaid?

Started by wr7, July 19, 2005, 05:48:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wr7

What do you guys think, after a few replies I will give you some facts but first tell me what you think

tophawg19

yes . and as the price rises fans ability to go to games becomes more difficult . it's hard to take a family to a game anymore .that causes fans to lose intrest and damages the sport . no longer do the players play for the love of the game .also as pay goes up ethics go down players are willing to do anything to win.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Broken Trigger

Hmm, i don't know.  I mean after all, Latrell Sprewell has a hard time feeding his family. ::)

Porquemada

Free market. They are earning what someone is willing to pay them. That being said, yes, they are grossly overpaid. Unions have killing yet another industry.

Buff

wr7

Okay now that I got some opinions here is what is known for a fact, in sports like football norting is predictable so you could go to a pro team then your knee goes out and your done. However in other sports yes definatly

tophawg19

remember thats true in most jobs in life . an injury can change anyones life .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

garagephilosopher

Yes, I wish I was one.  My business degree is sure not getting me on MTV cribs.

Doc Holiday

Yes....and as far as getting hurt.....that can to anyone...and unlike us little people, the football player can afford insurance on him incase that happens. That being said the fans is as much to blame as anyone, includeing the unions......if the fans didn't pay to get in.........it would stop....but we just keep going....and unlike gas, its something we can do without but choose to do anyway....

Buff

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 19, 2005, 08:08:33 pm
remember thats true in most jobs in life . an injury can change anyones life .
exactly - a horse kicks me in the head at work and i'm screwed.  athletes do what they do knowing that could happen at any time.  not a good enough reason for overly high pay to me