Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 31 THREAD: #21 ARKANSAS (20-10, 4-6 SEC) vs #15 Ole Miss (23-7, 4-6 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 09, 2016, 01:58:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

14                    FINAL                                             9

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |    |  R  | H   | E  |LOB
UA         0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 4 |     |  9  | 13  | 2  | 9     
OM        2 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 6 | X |     | 14  | 16  | 2  | 7     

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 09, 2016, 10:52:17 pm
HE WAS SAFE
Yes he was safe.....we probably still would have lost the game...but no excuse for blowing the call.

Knot2brite

DVH was the DVH of old after the game...he told the ump it was BS about three times...I miss THAT DVH
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

JHicks3636

lefty08

Can't blame him. This has been a frustrating season so far. Hopefully the way they finished can spark something
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

DiamondHogFan

We made them burn up more pitching than they wanted to in the 8th and 9th.  Even had tomorrow's starter up waking around in the pen.  Hopefully a fresh combination of Loseke/Taccolini/McKinney and a little life from the bats will help us avoid the sweep tomorrow.

WATER HOG

jfred59

Ump waited for about 2 seconds to call it.  Must have been waiting for the Hugh Freeze signal that bonus check coming

YtownHog

Just wish they would have had the opportunity to keep the train rolling.  He was safe at first.  Wish they had replay.

Razorbacks#1

Awesome job JHicks on PBP and ARKANSAS on another great thread. Hope to see everyone tomorrow. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thanks J Hicks for a very good game thread. You had nothing to do with the loss. The pbp guys never do have anything to do with the win or loss..

Thanks for the back up, Raz#1

BTW- Thanks for the smite, whoever....

DiamondHogFan

Will be a good afternoon of baseball and golf tomorrow.  Hopefully the kids will take a long nap...

BroyledNutts

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on April 09, 2016, 10:55:51 pm
We made them burn up more pitching than they wanted to in the 8th and 9th.  Even had tomorrow's starter up waking around in the pen.  Hopefully a fresh combination of Loseke/Taccolini/McKinney and a little life from the bats will help us avoid the sweep tomorrow.

With the 3 series looming on the horizon, we really need tomorrow to keep from finishing below .500 in conference

Fayettetopia

Maddhog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 09, 2016, 10:55:08 pm
Sorry, it was Catron

No problem. I had turned off the television (frustration) but I couldn't leave the thread.    😀 

Thanks for keeping it going. 

BroyledNutts

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 09, 2016, 10:58:49 pm
Thanks J Hicks for a very good game thread. You had nothing to do with the loss. The pbp guys never do have anything to do with the win or loss..

Thanks for the back up, Raz#1

BTW- Thanks for the smite, whoever....
The hogs lose because of the Hogville PBP guy...
People hitting the smite button just because they don't like losing (and because it's the PBP guys fault)
Ump blows a call to end the game because he wants to go home (also probably the PBP guys fault)
We score 9 runs and lose by 5 (no doubt the PBP guys fault)

Life is unfair (I'll give the PBP guy the benefit of the doubt here and say he had nothing to do with it)

Let's win one tomorrow.  5-7 feels better than 4-8.

BroyledNutts

Fayettetopia

Maddhog

Razorbacks#1

Let me take a moment and express my feelings Ref: Smites. If at anytime, during the game thread, you feel the need to smite someone, than, I ask, smite me away, me Razorbacks#1. Smiting anyone who spends 50+ games, a year, 3 hours+ per game is beyond me, but we do this, not for you smiters, but for those who depend on the thread.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 09, 2016, 11:17:59 pm
Let me take a moment and express my feelings Ref: Smites. If at anytime, during the game thread, you feel the need to smite someone, than, I ask, smite me away, me Razorbacks#1. Smiting anyone who spends 50+ games, a year, 3 hours+ per game is beyond me, but we do this, not for you smiters, but for those who depend on the thread.

Forget the stupid smites. People appreciate the effort you guys put into bringing the games to the masses online. Thank you all.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 09, 2016, 11:17:59 pm
And please, again, don't take it out on those who bring you quality content, ref: game threads: Feel free, if you feel the need to post a smite, hit me up.

THUNDER!

Maddhog

Wouldn't cross my mind to smite anyone in here.  I just noticed, though, that I do collect them.   😀    As if.

lefty08

It was a good game thread. Surely we aren't concerned over smites. Well done jhicks, smites mean nothing, who cares
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

lefty08

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: lefty08 on April 09, 2016, 11:37:10 pm
It was a good game thread. Surely we aren't concerned over smites. Well done jhicks, smites mean nothing, who cares
At no time was JHicks hit with smites, and my previous post was not directed in his direction.

THUNDER!

pork in the whiskers

Quote from: JHicks3636 on April 09, 2016, 10:52:22 pm
DVH in a big hoorah with 1st base ump

That guy will have the plate in game 3, so Dave may get tossed early. I have seen a coach ejected
while turning in lineup.

PorcineSublime

If the Hogs win today, they can salvage what most would have considered an expected outcome. Looking back at my marveling about how much better OM was than I thought, I now see that they have some of the same issues we do, late game holds for one.  Will be a tough slog from here on out, but I will never count out DVH until the final out of the final game.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

KevinOMReb

Wasn't even close at first.  But we will take it. Going to game Sunday.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb