Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 42 THREAD: #25 ARKANSAS (24-17, 9-9 SEC) vs. MISSISSIPPI STATE (22-19, 6-12)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 24, 2015, 12:20:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hoglady on April 24, 2015, 11:36:56 pm
Just a word of caution and you are probably already aware.
But thought I would mention anyway - better safe than sorry.

Had a friend whose house got some water (some kids opened the window and put a hose into the house and water ran in all day). About a week later the house caught on fire. Fire Dept said the sheetrock absorbed some of the water and shorted an outlet.
Sounds like his house catching fire might be a good thing right now

TikiHog

When Jackson came off the mound after giving up the long ball to Rea he tore some stuff up in the dugout....glad the ladies and kids didn't hear him...he let out several MF's and a few GD"s....I thought the pitch selection on a 1-2 count was poor...Another awesome night at BAUM

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 25, 2015, 01:26:59 am
Great night with family at the park. Great game to watch live. I didn't understand pulling a guy in the middle of an at bat, especially with 2 strikes. I had never seen that before and I saw it twice.

Blue was inconsistent behind the dish. Just some simply awful calls.

Killian still struggling and I'm not sure he is at 100% .

These guys refuse to lose. I'm loving it. I hate the season is almost over. I'm begging things work out just enough for us to host. I'm not ready to say goodbye to Baum quite yet.

Good PBP guys. Good job mods for taking care of things in my absence. I needed the family time. I'll be involved more tomorrow.
ucahogfan is going to do pbp tomorrow. Will you do the first inning or two from the park?

SPAL

Quote from: TikiHog on April 25, 2015, 01:55:37 am
When Jackson came off the mound after giving up the long ball to Rea he tore some stuff up in the dugout....glad the ladies and kids didn't hear him...he let out several MF's and a few GD"s....I thought the pitch selection on a 1-2 count was poor...Another awesome night at BAUM

Meanwhile, in the visitor dugout, I thought rae was going to put some of his teammates on the DL after he hit that yickety. Mississippi State had zero intention of losing tonight. Dude was jacked and was a freaking tank.

SPAL

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 25, 2015, 02:32:33 am
ucahogfan is going to do pbp tomorrow. Will you do the first inning or two from the park?

Sure, if UCA doesn't mind. It is his ball game.

pigture perfect

Great game. And pbp. In baseball you have to move on to the next game. I hope we can (as poster) do that. EI game threads are the most enjoyable and well run thing we have on the 'ville. I really appreciate all you guys.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoglady

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 25, 2015, 05:19:10 am
Great game. And pbp. In baseball you have to move on to the next game. I hope we can (as poster) do that. EI game threads are the most enjoyable and well run thing we have on the 'ville. I really appreciate all you guys.

I agree.
Thanks to all who do these Game threads.
It is much appreciated.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on April 25, 2015, 02:38:40 am
Sure, if UCA doesn't mind. It is his ball game.
I have no objections, but will say the last time we did that, Kentucky put a beat down on us.

SPAL

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 25, 2015, 08:39:08 am
I have no objections, but will say the last time we did that, Kentucky put a beat down on us.

True. I'll do some pregame stuff and then u can take the first pitch to the end.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ucahogfan

ricepig

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 25, 2015, 10:44:01 am
Why would you ask that?

I assume he's asking that in the context that he's been ineffective most of the year, and doesn't close anymore. What's you take on Killian? Tired arm, still hurt, lost it, or guys figuring him out? You wonder, since he started out the year so great, although on a pitch count.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 25, 2015, 10:44:01 am
Why would you ask that?
It doesn't seem like he's pitched much since he pitched that mid week game a few weeks back.  I don't remember him pitching against aTm, although my memory isn't that great anymore. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

flippinhogmana

Stone has resembled Killian this year, if they ever got on they didnt stay on very long.  Stone had a start in a midweek series went six once and five another time, so you thing well he's got the rust knocked off, he good to go, but it hasnt worked that way.  I dont remember Trey having more than a couple of good starts in a row all season.  I just think we need to give him time.  He and Stone just arent the same pitchers.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ucahogfan

Quote from: ricepig on April 25, 2015, 10:55:17 am
I assume he's asking that in the context that he's been ineffective most of the year, and doesn't close anymore. What's you take on Killian? Tired arm, still hurt, lost it, or guys figuring him out? You wonder, since he started out the year so great, although on a pitch count.
He is probably still not 100%.  Blowing hitters away was never part of his game topping out only around 92-93, but his command of all his pitches is what set him apart.  I think Tiki has said that Killian has only been 86-88 most of the year instead of 88-90 like last year, but his command has just been off which has allowed teams to light him up.  The only good starts he has turned out in SEC play is Vandy and Kentucky.  The other teams have lit him up and hit him hard.  His ERA on the year is approaching 6.00 which is unacceptable for a weekend starter.  He has to adjust.

ucahogfan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on April 25, 2015, 11:17:03 am
It doesn't seem like he's pitched much since he pitched that mid week game a few weeks back.  I don't remember him pitching against aTm, although my memory isn't that great anymore.
He pitched a little in College Station, but he was being saved just in case he was needed.  I think we see him throw at least an inning or two this weekend.