Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 42 THREAD: #25 ARKANSAS (24-17, 9-9 SEC) vs. MISSISSIPPI STATE (22-19, 6-12)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 24, 2015, 12:20:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

PeabodyHawg

Make 'em pay for the mid batter change Tyler.  Hard hit ball scores a run.

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 24, 2015, 07:47:03 pm
Strange time to make a pitching change when pitcher is ahead in the count 1 - 2
I can't recall one game seeing that before
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PoconoHog

Spoon K's swinging
1 out   Bases loaded    Bonfield to the plate

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Bonfield bats now: 0-1 today,   .184 BA,  7 RBI's in 49 AB's, .182 RISP

Southpaw Hawg

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on April 24, 2015, 07:49:14 pm
I can't recall one game seeing that before

I've never seen that either.  Worked out for them but weird nonetheless.

PoconoHog

Bonfield gets ahead in count 3 - 0...count goes full...K's swinging
2 outs    Bases loaded     Wernes to the plate

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

Plate umpire walking toward Hog dugout...warning issued to Van Horn

ucahogfan

Quote from: PoconoHog on April 24, 2015, 07:52:02 pm
Bonfield gets ahead in count 3 - 0...count goes full...K's swinging
2 outs    Bases loaded     Wernes to the plate
Strike 1 was at the ankles.

Cost us at least 1 run.  And that wasn't even close.

PoconoHog

Eagan scores on wild pitch
HOGS lead 2 - 1
Men on 2nd and 3rd    2 outs   Wernes still batting

PeabodyHawg

ucahogfan

Take that Tony Walsh!  You weren't going to cost us Eagan scoring.

PoconoHog

Wernes ahead in count 3 - 1...count goes full...base hit to RF....double
2 runs score
HOGS lead 4 - 1
Man on 2nd    2 outs    McAfee to the plate

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WPS!

8th batter of the inning is McAfee : 0-1 today with a K,  .295 BA, .318 RISP

GatorHog

PeabodyHawg

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Quote from: GatorHog on April 24, 2015, 07:57:43 pm
Wernes has been delivering all year, love it!
Was only hitting .225 with RISP entering the AB.  Good to see him reverse the trend.

PoconoHog

McAfee ahead in count 3 - 0...BB
Men on 1st and 2nd    2 outs   Bernal to the plate
Pitching change coming tup

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

PeabodyHawg

What a Kodak moment with the sunset over Baum......God I miss Fayetteville. :'(

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Mintz has the second lowest ERA for MSU at 2.70,  20 IP,  18 K's and 8 BB's.

PoconoHog

Bernal K's swinging to end the inning
Heading to top of 4th
HOGS lead 4 - 1

King

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 24, 2015, 08:03:27 pm
Mintz has the second lowest ERA for MSU at 2.70,  20 IP,  18 K's and 8 BB's.

So their pitching is sub-par and looks like they are committed to running through it all in game 1?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R    H    E    LOB
MSU             1   0   0                                  1    5    1      5
HOGS           0   0   4                                  4    4    0      4

Due up for MSU:
Holland   0-1  ,  K
Gridy      0-1   
Heck       1-1

PoconoHog

GatorHog

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 24, 2015, 07:58:28 pm
Was only hitting .225 with RISP entering the AB.  Good to see him reverse the trend.

Wow, surprising stat - seems like he's always getting hits - of course he started the year red hot

flippinhogmana

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 24, 2015, 07:58:28 pm

That does provide at least some answer to a previous thread...both you providing the risp stat, and his double and two rbis in a critical situation which hasnt happened in a while
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ucahogfan

Quote from: GatorHog on April 24, 2015, 08:06:04 pm
Wow, surprising stat - seems like he's always getting hits - of course he started the year red hot
I started a thread this week bringing up a potential issue with Wernes and RISP.  He only had 18 RBIs entering tonight which was way too low for a guy hitting over .300 on this offense.  The .225 with RISP explains why his RBIs were below what they should have been.

PoconoHog

Leadoff batter Holland falls behind in count 0 - 2...K's looking
1 out

PoconoHog

ucahogfan

I know that it is in the past and I should leave it be, but how would that inning have looked if Walsh correctly called the walk on Bonfield?

flippinhogmana

vandy kicking mizzou's butt up 6-0

now up 8-0 top 4
Kentucky up 2-0 on Florida top 7
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PoconoHog

PoconoHog

Next batter Vickerson...falls behind in count 0 - 2...grounds back to pitcher to end the inning
Heading to bottom of 4th
HOGS lead 4 - 1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9     R    H    E    LOB
MSU             1   0   0   0                             1    5    1      6
HOGS           0   0   4                                  4    4    0      4

Due up for HOGS:
Pennell    1-1,  2b           .304BA
Eagan      1-1, HBP          .281BA
Serrano   0-2,  1 RBI,  K  .164BA

PoconoHog

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 24, 2015, 08:09:49 pm
I know that it is in the past and I should leave it be, but how would that inning have looked if Walsh correctly called the walk on Bonfield?
That and Tyler not swinging at 3 balls would have made for a huge at bat.

flippinhogmana

PoconoHog

ucahogfan

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on April 24, 2015, 08:12:55 pm
That and Tyler not swinging at 3 balls would have made for a huge at bat.
Well, Spoon has not been patient at the plate this year, but it has worked for him hitting about .350.  He has drawn less than 10 walks.

Southpaw Hawg

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 24, 2015, 08:09:49 pm

Really only be walking in the run, keeping the bases loaded and saving the out.  After the wild pitch scored Eagan and Wernes hitting his double not sure it wasn't a wash.

PoconoHog

Eagan BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!  Home Run
HOGS lead 5 - 1
1 out   Serrano to the plate

ucahogfan

Quote from: Southpaw Hawg on April 24, 2015, 08:15:00 pm
Really only be walking in the run, keeping the bases loaded and saving the out.  After the wild pitch scored Eagan and Wernes hitting his double not sure it wasn't a wash.
At least one more run with Eagan scoring on the BB, Serrano on the WP, and Bentendi and Bonfield on the 2B, but that is assuming everything else stayed the same.  And it would have been one less out.