Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 29- POST GAME: ARKANSAS at AUBURN

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, April 03, 2015, 11:10:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

April 03, 2015, 11:10:02 pm Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:26:03 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
 FINAL 
               1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R    H   E   LOB
HOGS      0   0   2   0   0   4   0   1   3     10   13   1     3
Auburn    0   0   5   0   0   0   2   0   0       7   10    1     9

RECAP:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-rallies-past-auburn-in-ninth-inning-04-03-2015

BOX SCORE:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/551f534ce4b092b219a83db9

AUBURN'S VERSION:
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/040315aab.html

Arkansas broke a 7-7 game wide open in the ninth inning when Tucker Pennell and Clark Eagan delivered back-to-back hits to set the stage for a Serrano single up the middle to plate two runs and give the Razorbacks a 9-7 lead. An Andrew Benintendi sacrifice fly later in the inning capped a three-run frame as Arkansas erased an early 5-2 deficit and rallied to pick up the victory.

In a game where the lead changed hands five different times, Arkansas had its big outburst in the sixth inning when Serrano and Benintendi led off the frame with back-to-back home runs, before Bobby Wernes and Michael Bernal delivered RBI hits to give the Razorbacks a four-run inning and turn a 5-2 deficit into a 6-5 lead.

Zach Jackson (3-0) earned the victory in relief, tossing the final 3.0 innings and striking out five of the nine outs he recorded. Trey Killian battled back after giving up five runs in the third inning and lasted 6.0 innings, surrendering five runs on six hits, while walking two and striking out three.

Arkansas Head Coach Dave Van Horn: "To me the biggest inning was when Trey Killian got out of that inning with the bases loaded and one out to keep it at 5-2. He gave our offense a chance and gave us some life. On that base hit Joe (Serrano) got, the ball was up and he got on top of it to drive two in and that was huge.

Van Horn on the late rally: "We did a good job finding ways to score. Even in the eighth Benintendi got on, stole a bag got to third on a wild pitch and we took advantage of some things. This was a big win for our team."

Game Notes
•The Razorbacks picked up their first win of the year when trailing after seven innings.
•Arkansas has won three straight SEC series openers.
•Dave Van Horn sits at 499 wins at Arkansas in his 13th season at the helm of the program.
•The top three spots in the order (Eagan-Serrano-Benintendi) combined to go 5-for-13 with two home runs, five runs scored and seven runs batted in.
•Andrew Benintendi's home run gave him eight for the year and tied him for the SEC lead.
•Tyler Spoon extended his hitting streak to six games as he recorded his third three-hit game of the year.

Knot2brite

Any chance of video on the two bombs we hit tonight? I had two games tonight and didn't get back in until the seventh inning
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 03, 2015, 11:47:16 pm
Any chance of video on the two bombs we hit tonight? I had two games tonight and didn't get back in until the seventh inning
You've been busy. Less likely to get video clips when we are on the road, but will keep an eye out.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

After the win over Auburn on Friday, our RPI improved to #105 from about #118. Was hoping for more of a jump, but will take it.

Knot2brite

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on April 04, 2015, 12:15:04 am
You've been busy. Less likely to get video clips when we are on the road, but will keep an eye out.
I was on a ball field 8 out of ten days during spring break...first weekend we have had off since season started...
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 04, 2015, 12:20:32 am
I was on a ball field 8 out of ten days during spring break...first weekend we have had off since season started...
If they're keeping you that busy, you must be doing an OK job. ;)

elksnort

The announcers were Auburn announcers even though it was an SEC TV game.  They were fair for the most part, but did seem a tad partial at times. 

ThisTeetsTaken

Benintendi is having an All-Sec year for us.  He's a really good ball player.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***