Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 28 Thread: ARKANSAS (14-13, 3-6 SEC) vs. MISSOURI STATE (17-7, 2-1 MVC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 31, 2015, 12:42:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

my hat is off to Bonfield, he hung in there an worked a walk to lead off.  It aint what we all want eventually but in a 0-0 ballgame, its a good start for him.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

We go back to the top of the order in Joe Serrano, 0-1 tonight and .280 on the season.

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R    H    E    LOB
BEARS     0   0   0                                   0    1    0      3
HOGS      0   0   0                                   0    0    0      1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

that nine in a row set down by Teague, five of them by strikeout.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Johnson grounds out 6-3 as Gassaway makes a nice dig on a short hop.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

BEARS     0   0   0   0                              0    1    0      3
HOGS      0   0   0                                   0    0    0      1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

Both Teague and the Bears' Cheray came in with nearly identical 5.7 ERAs.  Cheray has a no hitter going, and Teague has a one hitter going, who would have thought this was going to be a pitcher's duel?

ucahogfan

Benintendi doubles right down the RF line and rolls under the RF fence.  Benintendi's 6th double of the year.  A break for Missouri State since Benintendi would have easily tripled.

flippinhogmana

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

BEARS     0   0   0   0                              0    1    0      3
HOGS      0   0   0   0                              0    1    0      2

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Leading off the 5th for MSU is Matt Fultz, .333, 0-1 today, K'd first time up.

flippinhogmana

ucahogfan

flippinhogmana

hbp on a 1-2 count...my my my...sorry thought I had waited long enough (my bad  :-[)

ucahogfan

Burger HBP on a 1-2 pitch.

Freshman RHP Keaton McKinney warming in the pen.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Meyer grounds a single into RF.  Bases are loaded with 0 outs after a long battle between Teague and Meyer.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Back to the top of the order, Becker: .308,   0-1 with a BB and a SO today

ucahogfan

DVH out to the mound as the Hogs will make a pitching change.

New pitcher is Freshman RHP Keaton McKinney (1-1, 4.40 ERA).  McKinney was a 28th round pick of the Mets last year.

With McKinney coming into the game, the Hogs have now played players tonight from the following states:

Arkansas (Shaddy, Spoon)
Texas (Gassaway, Bernal)
Oklahoma (Teague)
Kansas (Wernes)
Iowa (McKinney)
Arizona (Serrano)
Ohio (Benintendi)
New Jersey (Bonfield)
Hawaii (Nomura)

ucahogfan

Becker sac fly to LF.  Runner tags and scores.  Runners on 1B and 2B with 1 out.

1-0 Bears.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

Teague pitched well tonight.  One never knows what failing to score last inning does to a pitcher's psyche, but I don't know how often I have seen a wasted opportunity like that lead to a letdown.  Teague had retired ten in a row until the lead-off single.  But the blow that really did him in imho was the hbp on a 1-2 count.  Losing the next batter after being up in the count didn't help either, but, he overall pitched well I thought.

ucahogfan

Burger out at 3B on a perfect throw by Shaddy.  Shaddy didn't glove the pitch and Burger tried to move to 3B.  The only reason why it was a close play was because Shaddy held onto the ball and didn't throw it earlier.

ucahogfan

Hawkins grounds it back to McKinney who doesn't glove it.  McKinney just didn't reach down far enough.  E1.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Matheny bats now: 1-2 with a double tonight,  hits .298 on the year.

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Blake Graham come up now: .344, .409 with RISP, .500 with bases loaded, 0-2 tonight

flippinhogmana

Hate to second guess DVH, but McKinney is not the pitcher I would have brought in, no way, no how.

ucahogfan

Graham walks on 4 pitches to bring home another run.

2-0 Missouri State.

ucahogfan

Coach Jorn makes the slow stroll out to the mound to calm McKinney down.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Batting now: Justin Paulson, .259,   .222 with RISP,  0-1 with a BB and a SO today

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

ucahogfan