Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 28 Thread: ARKANSAS (14-13, 3-6 SEC) vs. MISSOURI STATE (17-7, 2-1 MVC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 31, 2015, 12:42:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ARKANSAS vs MISSOURI STATE --TUESDAY AT 6:35PM

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

First pitch is set for 6:35PM Tuesday. This game will be streamed online on SEC Network Plus, accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. This game will NOT be televised.

This game marks the halfway point in the 56 game regular season schedule for the Razorbacks. The Razorbacks (14-13, 3-6 SEC) and MSU Bears (17-7, 2-1 Missouri Valley Conference) meet for the 70th time in history. Arkansas holds a 49-20 advantage over MSU and has won 10 straight in the series dating back to 2007. The Hogs have won the last five meetings at Baum Stadium and 31 of the previous 40 games in the series played in Fayetteville.

Arkansas is coming off a SEC series win over Ole Miss this past weekend and have won 3 of their last 4 games overall. Today's game is the 22nd game of the month for the Razorbacks and is the most games played in a single month since 2003. DVH is 13-3 against MSU and needs just 2 wins to reach 500 wins in his career at Arkansas. He currently sits at 498-284 (.637) overall in his 13 years at Arkansas. 

Missouri State claimed its 1,500th victory with a win over Jacksonville on Sunday and has won five games in a row. The Bears are 5-1 against the state of Arkansas this season after sweeping their two-game season series with UALR, defeating Arkansas State in Jonesboro and taking two of three from UCA. MSU is receiving votes in the USA Today Coaches Poll (#41) and has a RPI ranking of #13 according to Warren Nolan's Poll with a strength of schedule (SOS) ranking of #55.

As of midnight Monday, the Razorbacks had not announced a starting pitcher, but is expected to send either James Teague OR Keaton McKinney to the mound. MSU has announced left handed pitcher Andy Cheray as their first pitcher on the hill for the night.

Probable Starting Pitchers         W-L    APP    GS     ERA      IP    SO    BB
  MSU - LHP Andy Cheray            2-2      6        6      5.74   26.2   16    13
  ARK - RHP James Teague          1-1      7        3      5.79   18.2   14    14
  - or - RHP Keaton McKinney      1-1      9        7      4.40   30.2   22    15

Team Comparison
       Hitting:
                                  Avg.   Runs   Hits   2B   3B   HR   RBI   HBP   K's   SB-Att
Missouri St. (17-7)      .298    172     248   45    5    19   159    17   124   14-26
Arkansas (14-13)        .291    160     261   42   11   25   138    24   170   26-36

Pitching
                             ERA      IP      Hits    Runs    ER     BB    K's     B/Avg
Missouri St.            3.27   211.2   189      91      77     91    193     .241
Arkansas                4.60   238.2   228     144    122   132    226    .260

PREVIEW:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackbsb-to-host-missouri-state-in-midweek-action-03-30-2015

ARKANSAS GAME NOTES:
https://ark-platform-sec-prod.silverchalice.co/v3/files/5519a8f1e4b092b219a83b85

MISSOURI STATE GAME NOTES:
http://www.missouristatebears.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/033015aaa.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

MISSOURI STATE WEBSITE: (Roster, Stats, Records, etc.)
http://www.missouristatebears.com/sports/m-basebl/mosu-m-basebl-body.html

Coming Up:
Arkansas travels to Auburn for a three-game series against the Tigers April 3-5 at Plainsman Park. Game two of the series against Auburn will be televised nationally on SEC Network. Auburn is 17-11, 3-6 SEC and #27 RPI and plays Samford on Tuesday.
Friday - April 3rd - 6:00pm - SECNetwork Plus
Saturday - April 4th - 6:00pm - SEC Network
Sunday - April 5th - 1:00pm - SECNetwork Plus

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

We always try to make sure these game threads with play-by-play are produced for those that depend on it and enjoy it and to provide a platform for great Hogville discussions. If you would like to take part in the play-by-play description (even if only for a inning or two), just speak up. I should be able to help with play by play for this game if needed, and will gladly assist someone else (or several) if they want me to. WPS!  :razorback:

SPAL

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 31, 2015, 02:42:38 pm
I won't be able to help tonight.
I see that PoconoHog is online, hopefully he can help us to another win tonight. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

I could potentially do PBP tonight.  Just have to get home from work and get a couple of things done.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 31, 2015, 05:06:06 pm
I could potentially do PBP tonight.  Just have to get home from work and get a couple of things done.
+1
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on March 31, 2015, 05:14:08 pm
+1

I like that we are every now and then giving Bonfield additional plate appearances.  I like it even more where he is hitting.  He wont hurt us there, could even help us if he gets it going.  I am pulling for him. 
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

The Missouri State  lineup

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

HOGS                                   BEARS
Serrano lf  .284                     Becker    2b .312
Wernes 3b  .362                    Hawkins  ss  .306
Benintendi cf  .309                Matheny  cf   .293
Gassaway 1b  .350                Graham  rf   .355
Spoon rf  .296                       Paulson  1b  .262
Nomura 2b .305                    Johnson  lf   .293
Shaddy c  .391                      Fultz      c    .343
Bonfield dh .125                    Burger   3b   .303
Bernal ss  .321                      Meyer   dh    .355

Teague  5.79 ERA                 Cheray 5.74 ERA

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

flippinhogmana

only five mid week games left this season and one of them in near the end of the year (Creighton).  We have two with Mississippi Valley State and two with Stephen F. Austin then its nearly a month of straight SEC.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ucahogfan

Matheny, one of DVH's players this summer, doubles off the wall in RF.

flippinhogmana

ucahogfan

Graham runs the count full, and he grounds out 1-3.  Runners have to hold.

ucahogfan

flippinhogmana

Missouri state are not slouches, but Teague doesnt seem particularly sharp tonight, Or is he getting squeezed like Killian did last time out?

ucahogfan

Johnson caught looking on a fastball.  Might have been a little low, but too close to take in that situation.  Teague's 1st K.

flippinhogmana

atta boy, James!  Good to see him bear down.  Hopefully that starts us off right, working out of that.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Fultz works the count full, and he goes down on a check swing.  Teague's 2nd K.

ucahogfan

Burger caught looking as Teague throws a slider right down the middle.  Teague's 3rd K.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R    H    E    LOB
BEARS     0   0                                        0    1    0      3
HOGS      0                                             0    0    0      1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Spoon hits the first pitch hard, but right at the SS for a 6-3 groundout.

flippinhogmana

Good to see Teague have a one two three inning against all 300+ hitters after loading the bases with only one out in the first.  The come backer to him on the cleanup hitter was a big out.  It looks like it helped.  Now hogs, lets gets some hits, Luke the force is with you....

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

BEARS     0   0                                        0    1    0      3
HOGS      0   0                                        0    0    0      1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Hawkins hits a slow roller in front of the plate and just stands there long enough to be tagged out by Shaddy.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ucahogfan

Matheny, son of Cards manager Mike Matheny, checks his swing and pops out to Nomura.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

BEARS     0   0   0                                   0    1    0      3
HOGS      0   0                                        0    0    0      1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Leading off the Hog 3rd is Luke Bonfield, .125, he gets the start against a lefty pitcher.

ucahogfan