Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I love watching the fire squad squirm?

Started by luke hawg, October 28, 2017, 06:35:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ipigsooie

Beating a pathetic ole miss team this week and a high school team next week wont make anyone wanting Bert fired to squirm.  The only one squirming will be jl next week when he sees how empty the stands are for cc.

hoglady

Quote from: ipigsooie on October 29, 2017, 02:51:43 pm
Beating a pathetic ole miss team this week and a high school team next week wont make anyone wanting Bert fired to squirm.  The only one squirming will be jl next week when he sees how empty the stands are for cc.

There will be some people show up who've never been able to go before - take their kids to a Hog game for a price that doesn't break the bank.
I think tickets are going for $2 on the secondary market.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rzrbkman

Quote from: hoglady on October 29, 2017, 04:15:20 pm
There will be some people show up who've never been able to go before - take their kids to a Hog game for a price that doesn't break the bank.
I think tickets are going for $2 on the secondary market.

There were lots of free tickets for the Auburn game and will be lots more available next Saturday. It will be a good day to go and take some friends or family.

98hogs

Quote from: luke hawg on October 28, 2017, 06:47:09 pm
I'll say this I hate our fanbase. We suck and deserve what we get.
Fans with aspirations of 6 or 7 wins are the problem

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 98hogs on October 29, 2017, 04:30:47 pm

bull. They don't exist. The coach is the problem. Now some people have bought in to the theory that we can never be really successful, which is very sad, but no one aspires to be mediocre...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Qui Gon Jinn

I guess its too bad everyone cannot be the perfect fan you are.  I'm glad you came along to tell us all what our opinion should be.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Qui Gon Jinn

Fans with the idea that 6-7 wins a year are as good as we should ever hope for are the problem.

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

greenEGnHAWGS

I do too. Can't even speak positively about a win over a hated opponent without getting attacked.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 29, 2017, 05:49:38 pm
I do too. Can't even speak positively about a win over a hated opponent without getting attacked.

The ONLY people get attacked are those who see what a con job Long and Bellyma have pulled......This mediocre crap needs to stop...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

farmhawg

Quote from: luke hawg on October 28, 2017, 06:35:44 pm
We beat coastal and we are 4-5 with a win streak. What if this team wins one unexpectedly and beats Missouri at home then goes to the turd bowl to play a sunbelt team. 7-6 season with another mediocre bowl win despite major injuries.
Then you deserve butter bean.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Jack The BN

Quote from: rhames on October 28, 2017, 06:43:37 pm

Well yeah. I'm pretty sure most people feel that way.

Getting to a bowl will still be hard though. Would have to win 2 out of our last 3.

Miss State and LSU are likely loses.

Missorui will be tough too.

What if they do get hot, and win 3 more, or 4?
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

farmhawg

I imagine you are reaping what you have sown.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Cinco de Hogo

You can speak positive about the win all you want as long as you don't attack someone else while your doing it which is what most of these threads are all about.  Just say you enjoyed the win over ole piss who is the enemy and quit trying to make enemies of people who are Razorback Fans. 

However if you are so sold on BB that you are willing to do that constantly there is no help for you. 

apcapri

Need to eek out a bowl bid and get matched up with A State. Then when Bret finds a way to lose that one everyone will want him gone!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 29, 2017, 05:58:14 pm
The ONLY people get attacked are those who see what a con job Long and Bellyma have pulled......This mediocre crap needs to stop...

False. Plenty of people who said nothing other than they enjoyed the win yesterday were barraged with negativity with "sunshine pumper" tags.

Not everything posted has to do with our current coaching situation.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 29, 2017, 06:28:00 pm
You can speak positive about the win all you want as long as you don't attack someone else while your doing it which is what most of these threads are all about.  Just say you enjoyed the win over ole piss who is the enemy and quit trying to make enemies of people who are Razorback Fans. 

However if you are so sold on BB that you are willing to do that constantly there is no help for you.

Please. Please. Please. Look at my post history and find one single "keep CBB" post past the A&M game.

ALL I have said about that win is that it was an enjoyable win over a hated opponent. I've even said that this game alone changes nothing regarding our current staff situation.

Why you'd say this without really knowing anything about me or my post history is comical though.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 29, 2017, 06:53:36 pm
Please. Please. Please. Look at my post history and find one single "keep CBB" post past the A&M game.

ALL I have said about that win is that it was an enjoyable win over a hated opponent. I've even said that this game alone changes nothing regarding our current staff situation.

Why you'd say this without really knowing anything about me or my post history is comical though.

Why is it anymore comical than what you said.  Fact is most of these thread are made to illicit a negative response and you showed support for the OP.  Other than that I don't keep day to day post to post tabs on more than a few posters.

gchamblee

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 29, 2017, 01:01:46 pm
Exactly what I am thinking.  We have reached a precarious and crazy state within the fan base.  We have fans who want to keep the coach because they like him even if it is to the detriment of the program over the coming years.  We have other fans secretly hoping for losses to preclude Jeff Long from having justification for keeping him.  And, I think we have other fans who have been involved in the contentious back and forth so long that they probably care more about being able to stick it to the "sunshine pumpers"...or the "haters"...than wins and losses on the field.

Would cleaning house and starting over with a regime almost all could get behind do away with all that?  Maybe, at least until a couple of losses ripped the scab off and the old battle lines got redrawn.

Naa, even if we get a new coach that everyone loves, it wont cause me to forget who the idiots are. Im sure there a few idiots out there that like some of the same foods that I do, but it wont make them or me any less stupid.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 29, 2017, 07:00:19 pm
Why is it anymore comical than what you said.  Fact is most of these thread are made to illicit a negative response and you showed support for the OP.  Other than that I don't keep day to day post to post tabs on more than a few posters.

You read into what you wanted to from my post. Fact is that if anyone says ANYTHING positive, they are labeled and scrutinized as a "sunshine pumper".

I didn't support the OP. I made a comment that I got destroyed when I was just enjoying the win last night...then right on queue, you posted adversely cuz I pointed that out.

gchamblee

Fans dont hire coaches, and they dont fire them. They are not consulted by those that do the hiring and firing. For you to think he is the problem only confirms what many already think.

SooieGeneris

Let me get this straight: giving up 37 points and over 600 yards and lucking into a win over a bad team that cannot go to a bowl due to an NCAA mess, then beating Coastal Carolina constitutes some great winning streak and turnaround..

Anyone who thinks like that would probably hand out participation trophies to the players for coming within 30 points of LSU and give the coach a lifetime contract..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

gchamblee

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 29, 2017, 06:28:00 pm

For weeks now EVERY thread in MMQ is been a single theme, just worded differently. In those threads, anyone that wants to win or sees anything in a positive light is drug away from the herd and mocked into anger by douchebags like yourself. Quit acting like this win didn't give those that have been mocked some justified feelings of a little revenge happiness because you and your clan sure as Frank deserve it.

Problem is, you and your clan are too weak and thin skinned to take it so here you are crying about the win because it put you in an uncomfortable position. You claim to be happy we won, but you aren't and it is obvious. The reason you aren't is because it flipped the MMQ script on you and now has you fighting tooth and nail to reclaim the virtual ground you think you lost, all the while completely missing the fact that you didn't lose any ground at all. Even those happy with the win still want a new coach, but that simply isn't enough for you. Misery is what you require and you will have it your way or else.

You can eat rocks as far as I am concerned.

gchamblee

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 29, 2017, 06:49:47 pm
False. Plenty of people who said nothing other than they enjoyed the win yesterday were barraged with negativity with "sunshine pumper" tags.

Not everything posted has to do with our current coaching situation.

If you dont have 007 on ignore, I admire your staying power for idiocy.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 29, 2017, 07:12:03 pm
You read into what you wanted to from my post. Fact is that if anyone says ANYTHING positive, they are labeled and scrutinized as a "sunshine pumper".

I didn't support the OP. I made a comment that I got destroyed when I was just enjoying the win last night...then right on queue, you posted adversely cuz I pointed that out.

Look dude you agreed with a guy who said he hates our fan base or did I misunderstand you when you said "I do too"?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: gchamblee on October 29, 2017, 07:20:06 pm
For weeks now EVERY thread in MMQ is been a single theme, just worded differently. In those threads, anyone that wants to win or sees anything in a positive light is drug away from the herd and mocked into anger by douchebags like yourself. Quit acting like this win didn't give those that have been mocked some justified feelings of a little revenge happiness because you and your clan sure as Frank deserve it.

Problem is, you and your clan are too weak and thin skinned to take it so here you are crying about the win because it put you in an uncomfortable position. You claim to be happy we won, but you aren't and it is obvious. The reason you aren't is because it flipped the MMQ script on you and now has you fighting tooth and nail to reclaim the virtual ground you think you lost, all the while completely missing the fact that you didn't lose any ground at all. Even those happy with the win still want a new coach, but that simply isn't enough for you. Misery is what you require and you will have it your way or else.

Nailed it. That win vs Ol Piss was just a win vs a hated opponent. As stated 1000 times, nothing's changed in our staff situation, but why a fan can't allow others to just talk about how they enjoyed it is crazy to me.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: gchamblee on October 29, 2017, 07:21:54 pm
If you dont have 007 on ignore, I admire your staying power for idiocy.

Ha ha...point well taken.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 29, 2017, 07:24:10 pm
Look dude you agreed with a guy who said he hates our fan base or did I misunderstand you when you said "I do too"?

It was more sarcasm/facetious than anything since I went the opposite direction of the poster in "why he hates our fans"

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 29, 2017, 07:33:55 pm
It was more sarcasm/facetious than anything since I went the opposite direction of the poster in "why he hates our fans"

Ok, I'll just leave it at we got different ideas about the OP but I think you need to try connecting the title of the thread WITH what the OP said.  But then it could be me.

Cinco de Hogo

You an idiot!!!  The OP started this thread not about winning but about fans he hates.  Every single hot button you guys try to push is the result of like .000010 percent of posters on here and you spent countless threads lumping every single Razorback fan that you know who doesn't think BB is the right coach for us into the same box.

Guess what, I haven't even said to fire him yet.  That's for the end of the season.  Now a poster that says he hates the fan base(for sure no thing I've ever said)is your hero.  That is just about par for the course for you. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 29, 2017, 07:26:26 pm
Nailed it. That win vs Ol Piss was just a win vs a hated opponent. As stated 1000 times, nothing's changed in our staff situation, but why a fan can't allow others to just talk about how they enjoyed it is crazy to me.

Again the OP didn't start this thread to celebrate a win, he started it to bash fans he hates.  Why he saw the need to needle people is pretty apparent.

SemperFi

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 29, 2017, 07:52:42 pm
Again the OP didn't start this thread to celebrate a win, he started it to bash fans he hates.  Why he saw the need to needle people is pretty apparent.

That is correct. That is exactly the way that I read it as well. The OP started a thread to elicit a response, which he got so mission accomplished. Stupid is as stupid does.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 29, 2017, 07:41:37 pm
Ok, I'll just leave it at we got different ideas about the OP but I think you need to try connecting the title of the thread WITH what the OP said.  But then it could be me.

Its not you. Its me. I did not see that the one post I responded to was the OP. So, I read that response as one who was hating the fact that some were still positive.

Now that I'm back to my computer and went back and read over all of the posts more easily, I actually think we're pretty close to being on the same page.

East Clintwood

Quote from: SooieGeneris on October 29, 2017, 07:14:04 pm

Anyone who thinks like that would probably hand out participation trophies to the players for coming within 30 points of LSU and give the coach a lifetime contract..

You just gave Jeffy a new idea!

He was already working on the lifetime contract but the participation trophies will give him his next project.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

gchamblee

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 29, 2017, 07:50:22 pm
You an idiot!!!  The OP started this thread not about winning but about fans he hates.  Every single hot button you guys try to push is the result of like .000010 percent of posters on here and you spent countless threads lumping every single Razorback fan that you know who doesn't think BB is the right coach for us into the same box.

Guess what, I haven't even said to fire him yet.  That's for the end of the season.  Now a poster that says he hates the fan base(for sure no thing I've ever said)is your hero.  That is just about par for the course for you.

I don't know anything about the poster of the OP so I have no opinion of him. None of my heros have come from message boards.

I want CBB replaced at the end of the season so I'm not sure why you think I am chastising people for wanting him replaced. It has gone too far when fans can't be happy for a win without having their noses smeared in the "that's fine as long as you still want the coach fired mid season" response. This place reminds me of all the republicans that are embarrassed about Trump, everything they say begins with "I didn't vote for him but". People that begin every post and end every post with "He still has to be fired but" and try to push that tag line on to everyone who doesn't use it with each post just make this place a chore for those who just want to talk hogs football and have hopes for success.

Fans get tired of being told their lack of hatred for the current administration makes them the problem. Fans are not the problem until they start flying banners and boycotting sporting events/support. Either you are a fan that supports the team or you are a fan that throws a fit until everything is just right and worthy of your support. I don't care which you are, thats a personal decision, but when you start trying to apply social pressure to fit everyone into your special little imright.com profile it just gets too noisy to enjoy any thread.

In short, the threads here would be more enjoyable if some respect was shown, and yes I am just as guilty of it as the people I accuse.

gchamblee

Quote from: SemperFi on October 29, 2017, 07:57:31 pm
That is correct. That is exactly the way that I read it as well. The OP started a thread to elicit a response, which he got so mission accomplished. Stupid is as stupid does.

Are you critical of those that post such threads as this, but to antagonize the other side of the spectrum than this thread chose to antagonize? Do you have any consistency in your moral compass or is your opinion always North?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: gchamblee on October 29, 2017, 09:00:57 pm
I don't know anything about the poster of the OP so I have no opinion of him. None of my heros have come from message boards.

I want CBB replaced at the end of the season so I'm not sure why you think I am chastising people for wanting him replaced. It has gone too far when fans can't be happy for a win without having their noses smeared in the "that's fine as long as you still want the coach fired mid season" response. This place reminds me of all the republicans that are embarrassed about Trump, everything they say begins with "I didn't vote for him but". People that begin every post and end every post with "He still has to be fired but" and try to push that tag line on to everyone who doesn't use it with each post just make this place a chore for those who just want to talk hogs football and have hopes for success.

Fans get tired of being told their lack of hatred for the current administration makes them the problem. Fans are not the problem until they start flying banners and boycotting sporting events/support. Either you are a fan that supports the team or you are a fan that throws a fit until everything is just right and worthy of your support. I don't care which you are, thats a personal decision, but when you start trying to apply social pressure to fit everyone into your special little imright.com profile it just gets too noisy to enjoy any thread.

In short, the threads here would be more enjoyable if some respect was shown, and yes I am just as guilty of it as the people I accuse.

There are posters who say reasonable things and posters who say unreasonable things.  I may argue with them until they go blind but I try not to "hate" them.  That's no fun at all and I'm here for the pride but also the entertainment.  I certainly don't "hate" anyone who was a steadfast supporter of BB regardless of who was or rather will be right in the end(which could still be either faction).   I also haven't started one thread rubbing anything in someone's face but yes it happens and neither side is necessarily first in that category. 

The Hawg Marshal

I can't believe that this thread has survived this long.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: gchamblee on October 29, 2017, 09:03:56 pm
Are you critical of those that post such threads as this, but to antagonize the other side of the spectrum than this thread chose to antagonize? Do you have any consistency in your moral compass or is your opinion always North?

I am fully supportive of the fact that everyone has an opinion, but when any positive post is attacked and the poster is accused of a "sunshine pumper" who doesn't want to see CBB gone, it gets ridiculous...and yes, I engage in verbal altercation with such lunacy.

I don't agree with the OP's trolling because regardless of this last weekend that I THOROUGHLY enjoyed, CBB needs to move on.

I don't understand the need to make personal attacks to CBB. He's done nothing to anyone other than try his best to win at a school that we all love and failed. I engage these people as well to ask why need to be classless.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Holy darn you are insufferable.

Great win. Hope we win out, and maybe the next coach inherits a program that has some life.

East Clintwood

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 29, 2017, 09:27:27 pm
I can't believe that this thread has survived this long.

It would have died a long time ago if everyone had just agreed that I was right and they were wrong.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 29, 2017, 10:29:55 pm

It would have died a long time ago if everyone had just agreed that I was right and they were wrong.

Ok I agree everyone hates the guy who killed John Wayne!

rzrbaxfan

We beat coastal and we are 4-5 with a win streak. What if this team wins one unexpectedly and beats Missouri at home then goes to the turd bowl to play a sunbelt team. 7-6 season with another mediocre bowl win despite major injuries.

This is the biggest false excuse about the woes of this season.  We have seen that our backups at QB and RB are more than serviceable.  We have talented players on the OL that have been riding the bench all year because the coaching staff (Kurt Anderson) didn't get them "ready", and they are finally seeing the field. 

Every loss this season, and even some of the wins, featured a defense that gets GASHED multiple times a game.  When the talk of switching to a 3-4 came about, most said "well, it can't be worse than last year".  It sure isn't better!

Injuries hurt.  I'm not arguing with that.  But that is not the reason that we are limping towards a lower tier bowl in year 5.

Grizzlyfan

You might want to check into those Sugar Bowl tickets.

rzrbackhogfan

Quote from: luke hawg on October 28, 2017, 06:41:11 pm
It doesn't matter what I think. I just live in reality and know we aren't firing him if he makes a bowl game.

I hope that is not the case and I make my decision on what I think future needs to be for the Hogs and not any feeling positive or negative for the coach.  If he wins out I would say put him on a tight rope and see where it goes, although that's not going to happen.  But you have to look at our wins so far and understand they are not impressive!  For that matter if we were to somehow lose to C Carolina we should fire him before he leaves the stadium!!!  Here are our wins
FL A&M is 3 – 6
New Mexico ST is 3 – 5
Ole Miss is 3 – 5
C Carolina is 1 – 7 and AR St beat them 51 - 17!!!
That alone is going to be a test to see if we can come close to putting up the numbers that AR St did.

Here are our losses
TCU is 7 – 1
TAM is 5 – 3
SC is 6 – 2
AL is 8 – 0
AU is 6 – 2
Games left to play
LSU is 6 – 2
Miss St is 6 – 2
MO is 3 – 5

so lets just say we beat C Car and lose the next 2 then beat MO.  You are saying that our best win of the season would be against MO???  They have FL, TN, and Vandy left.  I think they can get maybe 1 more win before us  seeing as Ole Miss beat Vandy for their only conf win.  So with that information you think a coach whose top win for the season would be beating 4 - 7 MO team should stay?  If that's the case lets leave the SEC and join AR State in their conf.  At least we would have a real rivalry and a chance to win more games, and no losing to better teams doesn't feel better! 

USChog

7-6 is an acceptable season. Not being competitive in games is the real issue though.

PygmalionEffect2

Nice post.

I wonder when was the last time a Razorback team wasn't able to beat a team with a winning record?

We still have a couple chances to do it this year, but wow that certainly adds perspective.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

GuvHog

Quote from: USChog on October 30, 2017, 12:51:43 pm
7-6 is an acceptable season. Not being competitive in games is the real issue though.

7-6 is not an acceptable season for a coach in his 5th year at Arkansas.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteI wonder when was the last time a Razorback team wasn't able to beat a team with a winning record?

President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

007 License To Squeal

He said if Bellyma gets a bowl game, he deserves another year.....That could be with 5 wins.....smh
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******