Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-State #21 on CFB Fan Happiness Index, November Update

Started by Seminole Indian, November 09, 2017, 12:08:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

PossumFan

Not so happy now. Seems like ASU spent the bye week reveling in the speculation they could beat Arkansas this year rather than preparing for South Alabama.

Seminole Indian

November 11, 2017, 09:45:42 pm #2 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:01:09 pm by Seminole Indian
I did not see the game, but did check in on their message board,and they are not happy campers.

USA beat Troy at their place so they should not have been overlooking them, but not many teams are getting through the season without these types of games.

Really surprised their QB played so poorly.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

PossumFan

Hard to beat anyone when you have six turnovers.

Late in the game, ASU receiver (Mack, I think) dropped a sure TD pass that would have given the Red Wolves the lead (and probably the win). Then a play or two later, Hansen fumbled into the end zone for a touchback. Still had a chance, but Hansen threw a pick to end it. I'd be hard-pressed to name even one ASU player who played well.

Seminole Indian

That is what they are saying on their message board.

Baffling performance, but again there are a lot of them every weekend now.

GolfNut57

Quote from: PossumFan on November 11, 2017, 10:01:31 pm
Hard to beat anyone when you have six turnovers.

Late in the game, ASU receiver (Mack, I think) dropped a sure TD pass that would have given the Red Wolves the lead (and probably the win). Then a play or two later, Hansen fumbled into the end zone for a touchback. Still had a chance, but Hansen threw a pick to end it. I'd be hard-pressed to name even one ASU player who played well.

Jonathon Adams
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

There are probably more bright spots, but 6 turnovers has a way erasing them from everyones memory.

One bright spot is that there are not many teams in college football that could have had 6 turnovers, and still say they should have won the game against anyone.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 12, 2017, 11:29:52 am
There are probably more bright spots, but 6 turnovers has a way erasing them from everyones memory.

One bright spot is that there are not many teams in college football that could have had 6 turnovers, and still say they should have won the game against anyone.

Not many teams that would have had 6 turnovers in the game and still been within 5 points at the final horn. But that is just indicative of how bad the Sunbelt as a league is. Or at the least the S. Alabama Jaguars. What really hurt was ASU's final turnover, the fumble by QB Hansen at the Jags goal line as he was fixing to score what would have been the go ahead TD for ASU with just five mins left in the game.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

That game was like the ULL game, last year. USA did not beat them they beat themselves.

I'm not sure any SBC team can beat them without their help, and most can't even do it with their help.

Seminole Indian

They are a 24-25 point favorite over TxSt so maybe the can get back on track this weekend.