Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My wife's first deer.

Started by 1highhog, December 31, 2009, 08:19:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

Guy's, I'm one proud papa.  My wife, who since we've been married, has shown great interest in all things I like, Hunting, Fishing, Football, Basketball, Motorcycles, you know, the important stuff, finally bagged her first buck this past Sunday Morning.  I started letting her hunt by herself at the end of last year after buying her a 7mm-08 and after not really seeing anything good to shoot at this year she finally had her opportunity at 8:15 A.M on Sunday Morning.  He came out 103 yds. from her and she laid him down.  I'm planning on getting it mounted for her being that it's her first.

ArchitectHog

Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

pick_DA_EAGLES

congrats too her. and you for being a lucky man.

SultanofSwine

Thats an awesome first buck!!! Congrats to both of you.

1highhog

Guy's, I appreciate all of you for saying that.  I told her I was going to post it on here and she is still so excited about it that she even took pictures to where she works showing all the ladies in her office.  Now, of course, not all women share the same excitement about killing deer as she has found out, but she still is very happy.  I had her help me skin it out, and we then cut it up and packaged it all that evening, so she got to experience everything, she had a blast.

gotyacovered

tell her congrats, great 1st deer!
You are what you tolerate.

clutch

Congrats to her. That is a great 1st deer.

davglo35

Congratulations!! That's a good one. Isn't it awesome to look and see those horns when he first appears ?

kodiakisland

Pretty awesome.  You got lucky having a wife that likes to hunt.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

1highhog

I'm the luckiest man alive, second time around I hit the jackpot with her!  I truly don't deserve her.  She's a hard worker, and she will try, at least try anything I like, and most times she loves it as much as I do.  She had looked forward to hunting this season and I was sure hoping she would get her chance and she did, with a day to spare of modern gun season left.

1highhog

By the way, the Buck has a 15 1/2" spread, and is an 8 point, I could have counted 9 since he has one out the back about an inch long, lol.  But a very good buck none the less.  I didn't get a chance to weigh him.

kodiakisland

What gun is that?  Looks like a heavy barrel handi-rifle but can't tell for sure.  How's it shoot?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

1highhog

Youth Model H&R 7mm-08, I had to find something that would fit her and this seemed to be the rifle she liked the best.  I killed three last year with it, very nice shooting rifle at a small price.

DeltaBoy

Congrads to the Wife and to you for marrying a Hunter.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

agr347

Congrats!  She definately outdid me this year!!
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

deshahawg

2FNFST4U

QuoteMy wife, who since we've been married, has shown great interest in all things I like, Hunting, Fishing, Football, Basketball, Motorcycles, you know, the important stuff

Damn you made a hell of a find.

1highhog

Thanks to all, I appreciate the kind words, it was a great experience for me and I can't wait for next year's season to begin!