Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

DadVader1

Last week's shotgun approach was a wash.  Went 9-9 to break even, so still down 1.5 units YTD. 

Clemson -5.5  L
Temple -10.5  L
Ill +9  L
NC St. -18  W
N. TX +9 L
V Tech -6  W
Wash -6 W
UTEP -2.5 W
W. KY +2 L
Ball St. -5 W

Added 1/2 unit each on:
TX +7 W
ND +3 (hook) W
BYU +16.5 W
Wis -34.5 L
TCU -37 L
Syr -7 L
UNLV +34.5 W
Ark -11.5 L

DadVader1

I'm still probably 2 weeks away from getting comfortable with the sample sizes and increasing the size of my plays, but some nice trends are starting to develop.  One trend that is 13-1 so far likes Miss St.+2, Rice +34.5, Virginia Tech -8, Fresno +4.5, Colo St -9, and Boise St -2.5.  I don't expect it to keep performing at 93% but figure it has a decent chance of staying above 50% for the week.  Still, it's too early to put much stock in it.

So far, I've done 1/2 unit each on:
Boise -2.5
NM -3 (h)
NC St. -16.5
Miss St. +1.5
Colo St. -9
Ok St. -3 (h)
Rice +34.5
Navy -6.5

hogsanity

i'll be here with my picks tomorrow, and after last weekend you should avoid them like the plague.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

yraciv

I've already grabbed Georgia Southern -15.  Paul Petrino's Idaho can't stop the run for it's life, and Georgia Southern can run all over a lot of teams.  As far as midmajors go, one of my favorites to bet on and against going head to head.

widespreadsooie

DadVader1

The spreadsheets liked Georgia Southern, MIZ, and Utah, and those almost made my final cut.  Georgia Southern did at -15, but by the time I checked, it was already at -16.5.  I haven't run the numbers again to see if would still be a go at -16.5.

hogsanity

September 24, 2015, 09:42:30 am #8557 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:39:47 am by hogsanity
ga so -15.5 w
ncst -17 w
gtech -7.5 l
indiana -3.5 w
a&m -7 push
NIU +4.5 w
Cal -4.5 w

Nill/bc under 47 w
cin/mem over 66 w
vandy/old miss over 55 l
tcu/tt ov 80.5 w

added
vt -9.5 l
vt/ec ov 51w
miz/ky un 45 w
ut/or ov 64 w
asu/tol un 58.5 w

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on September 24, 2015, 09:42:30 am
ga so -15.5
ncst -17
gtech -7.5
indiana -3.5
a&m -7
NIU +4.5
Cal -4.5

Nill/bc under 47
cin/mem over 66
vandy/old miss over 55
tcu/tt over 80.5

Just how many points you think Ole Miss is going to score?  Lol. I'd be looking at their team total

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 24, 2015, 10:48:42 am
Just how many points you think Ole Miss is going to score?  Lol. I'd be looking at their team total

I think they put up 42-49 and vandy gets some 4th q garbage points.

widespreadsooie

Other games I'm considering:

BG -2.5
WF +3.5
Ga So. -16
BC -5

Probably wait till Sat. morning to decide on final card. Haven't had much time to look at things yet this week.

WILL CLINTON

Went ahead and put the following down for the weekend.

Missouri +2.5 v KY (hook)
TCU -7 v TT
Ball St +20 v NW (1/2 unit)
OSU -3.5 v Texas (hook)

I also fat fingered $120 instead of $100 on the OSU game, so I went ahead and put the other $30 on a Parlay for the above bets except Ball St that pays out +612 just to make it an even number.

I may add some though, I'm keeping an eye on the TAMU v Arkansas, USC v Az St, UCLA v Az, Oregon v Utah, and Rutgers v Kansas
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

widespreadsooie

DadVader1

So far, I've done 1/2 unit each on:
Boise -2.5
NM -3 (h)
NC St. -16.5
Miss St. +1.5
Colo St. -9
Ok St. -3 (h)
Rice +34.5
Navy -6.5

Added 1/2 unit on:
Georgia S. -16.5
VA Tech -9.5 (h)

The sheets still liked both of those even after the line movement.

onebadrubi

Someone help me out here.  Is the Arkansas/A&M Over at 58 just looking like a steal?

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 25, 2015, 08:43:34 am
Someone help me out here.  Is the Arkansas/A&M Over at 58 just looking like a steal?

So much of that game looks like a sure thing it is scary.

Razors85

Quote from: hogsanity on September 25, 2015, 08:50:58 am
So much of that game looks like a sure thing it is scary.

Cardinal Colored glasses. They work when you are playing well and sucking it up

hogsanity

Quote from: Razors85 on September 25, 2015, 09:03:42 am
Cardinal Colored glasses. They work when you are playing well and sucking it up

I took the aggies at -7 probably out of hope that my picking continues, and somehow the Hogs pull it together and pull it off.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogsanity on September 25, 2015, 09:21:48 am
I took the aggies at -7 probably out of hope that my picking continues, and somehow the Hogs pull it together and pull it off.

I'm doing the same.  I'm taking A&M big.  With my luck, A&M will win on a last second FG....  :)

SPAL

Don't usually like Friday night games, but Stanford is 3-5 ATS following a defeat of USC and 4-8 ATS at Ost. including a mark of 1-4 ATS when playing as chalk of at least five points. In addition, the Beavers have cashed in seven of eight contests as a home underdog when facing an opponent coming off a straight up underdog victory.

Good enough for me to put a couple units on Oregon St. As +13 dogs.

jkstock04

September 25, 2015, 10:01:35 pm #8570 Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 01:01:35 am by jkstock04
My picks for tomorrow:

A&M -7...A LOT (feel a hair guilty here)
UMASS +29.5...4 units
Auburn -2.5...3 units
UCLA -2.5...4 units
Tennessee pk...4 units
Utah +10.5...3 units
OK State -3...3 units

Also took Stanford tonight -14 for 3 units..will see how that turns out.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ChicoHog

Got OSU +15 tonight. Not looking good right now.  Stanford is scoring at will.  Need a back door beaver cover!
I like the AZ schools against the SoCal schools tomorrow as dogs and both to win outright.
Also like IU -3 over Wake, Toldeo -7 over Ark st, BG -4 over Purdue, BYU  +6 over Michigan and Ok st -3 over Texas. 

SPAL

Arkansas +7 (not an emotional investment)
Auburn -2
Texas +3

widespreadsooie

BC -4.5
FL +1
GA So -15
Cal -2
ULM +37
TN/FL u48
KY/MZ u44.5

10-12 YTD

WILL CLINTON

SPAL

Both dogs pushed when they had the cover secured. Unreal really.

SPAL

Going back to the martingale system with my bankroll mgmt. I'm getting a little loose at times.

St Louis rams +1

Spikes

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

widespreadsooie

Fared well yesterday going 5-2. Tough loss on BC (pretty much moosed) and lost the TN/FL under. Hit ULM, GA So, Cal, FL, and MZ/KY under bringing me to 15-14 YTD.

hogsanity

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 27, 2015, 11:49:35 am
Fared well yesterday going 5-2. Tough loss on BC (pretty much moosed) and lost the TN/FL under. Hit ULM, GA So, Cal, FL, and MZ/KY under bringing me to 15-14 YTD.

Went 12-3 and one push.  Made up for last weekends disaster. 

widespreadsooie

hogsanity

So far for this week looking at:

ucla -13
neb -6.5
or -10
niu -2.5

DadVader1

Sounds like a pretty good week for several of us.  I went 6-3-1 for +1.5 units, bringing me back to even on the year.  Hopefully, that was the week when I turned the corner on having enough data for the spreadsheets to start being useful.  I found some interesting trends to watch for this weekend, one at 22-1 ATS.  I'll post when the data comes in.  Hopefully, this one will perform better than the 13-1 trend from last weekend.

Dropkick

widespreadsooie

Early leans:

IA St -16
OM -6.5
UGA -2
TT +15.5
OK St -8.5
ND pk
SMU +5.5
AR St -20

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

WILL CLINTON

This Week --  1-3-2    Overall  --  8-9-3    -1.5 units overall

Missouri +2.5 v KY (hook) L
TCU -7 v TT L
Ball St +20 v NW (1/2 unit) W
OSU -3.5 v Texas (hook) Push
TAMU -7 (hook) Push
Oregon -10.5 (h) 1.5 units L

I took a drubbing, but glad some of you had good weeks. Hogsanity, looks like you crushed and DadVader, if your sheets ever get really honed in, I can see some big weeks in the future.

Sir Pigs, those pushes are killers. I don't know that I've ever had 3 this early in a season, if at all. I wish I was smart enough to convince myself that means I'm honed in, but 1-3 brings me right back to reality...lol

Leans:
TTech +16.5
TAMU -7
Bama +2
ND +1
Oregon +8.5

DadVader1

Here's what I've done so far, one unit each on:

Buffalo +8.5
Illinois +7 (h)
Indiana +21.5 (h)
Miss -7 (h)
Toledo -6.5
W. VA. +7.5 (h)
EC -5.5
W. KY -7.5
Memphis -8.5

The trend that went 22-1 YTD likes Buffalo +8.5, Ill. +7, and Indiana +21.  I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that trend yet, but it's worth watching. Forgot to buy the hook on W. KY.  Hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

hogsanity

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 30, 2015, 12:34:06 pm
Here's what I've done so far, one unit each on:

Buffalo +8.5
Illinois +7 (h)
Indiana +21.5 (h)
Miss -7 (h)
Toledo -6.5
W. VA. +7.5 (h)
EC -5.5
W. KY -7.5
Memphis -8.5

The trend that went 22-1 YTD likes Buffalo +8.5, Ill. +7, and Indiana +21.  I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that trend yet, but it's worth watching. Forgot to buy the hook on W. KY.  Hope that doesn't come back to bite me.

i'm just not seeing a bunch of stuff I like for this weekend. I really want to take the under on the Mizzu/SC game, with the QB issues both teams have, but in this day and age it is hard to imagine a game with under 40 points.

hogsanity

October 01, 2015, 04:46:03 pm #8589 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:08:41 am by hogsanity
memphis -8.5 L
kansas +16 L
purdue +21.5 W
wisc -6 L
bgu -8 L
wash st +18 W
ga sou -5.5 W

tx/tcu over 71 L
sc/mizzu under 41.5 ( this really looked TOO good but I did it anyway ) W

Just got back home in time to see BYU kick a fg with 26 sec left to cover. Got mad after Memphis gave up that late garbage score, and put 3 units on BYU a -14.5, Thought I was cooked after watching byu gain 400+ and only having 10 pts to show for it going to the 4th Q.

Stayed away from alot of the atlantic coast area games due to the wet weather expected, never know what that will do to teams.

DadVader1

I doubt many of us will play the Hog game this weekend, but as a random aside, of the 50+ power rating systems that I track and data mine, 13 of them are hitting at or above 55.5% ATS.  On the TN game, those 13 are split about as close as it gets with 7 favoring TN and 6 favoring Ark. 

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 02, 2015, 09:40:39 am
I doubt many of us will play the Hog game this weekend, but as a random aside, of the 50+ power rating systems that I track and data mine, 13 of them are hitting at or above 55.5% ATS.  On the TN game, those 13 are split about as close as it gets with 7 favoring TN and 6 favoring Ark. 

I couldn't touch that line but think TN and Josh Dobbs have their way with us Saturday. Rain will help us if it comes like it's supposed to.

Oliver

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 02, 2015, 09:40:39 am

I applaud those brave enough to bet our game.  It's the classic "I should have seen it coming" game

Fort Dweller

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 02, 2015, 12:45:46 pm
I couldn't touch that line but think TN and Josh Dobbs have their way with us Saturday. Rain will help us if it comes like it's supposed to.

May see a couple of inches of rain during the game.  Could be really nasty.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Fort Dweller on October 02, 2015, 12:48:48 pm
May see a couple of inches of rain during the game.  Could be really nasty.

The East Coast has it coming big time. Won't be surprised if the big ND/Clemson showdown gets cancelled.

DadVader1

Quote from: hogsanity on October 01, 2015, 04:46:03 pm
Stayed away from alot of the atlantic coast area games due to the wet weather expected, never know what that will do to teams.

It's amazing all of the things that I forget about from one season to the next, until one of you guys reminds me on here.  I remembered to check the injury reports (e.g., Texas Tech Qb) but forgot about keeping an eye on the weather.

WILL CLINTON

So as I was getting ready to place my picks for tomorrow, I noticed I had more money in my accoount than I thought from last weekend, and to my surprise I did place a bet on USC -5 over Az St last week and won.

That makes my last week record 2-3-2, and my overall record 9-9-3

For this week I've laid the following

OU -6.5
TAMU -5.5 (1 unit, may go up)
ND +2
Oregon -8

I don't see too much I really like, but I may put something on Bama just to make the game more interesting.

jkstock04

Well here's what I have for the day:

Tulsa +7...5*
Arizona +14...4*
Boise St -25...4*
Bama +1.5...3*
Pitt +4.5...3*

Good luck guys.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

widespreadsooie