Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Per Trey Schapp

Started by Jackson_64, November 24, 2012, 09:38:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nextlevel

I find it hard to feel sorry for Paul Petrino when the down slide of the season started because he refused to take the ball out of the hands of a red-shirt freshman QB and run the ball to win a game against UL-M...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 24, 2012, 10:32:25 am
I don't feel so sorry for coaches who get fired. Big time coaches and staff have perks and salaries common people don't.

1) big time buy outs
2) Free Car
3) Housing allowance
4) list goes on

So Know, I don't feel sorry for them. They will make more in 5 years than most Arkansas' in there lifetime.
That's only true of a few of them. Some of them, like Peoples, only made a little over $100k I believe.  Still a good salary, but not the security you speak of.

Abominable Hillbilly

I hope Caldwell is retained.  Smith and Flowers along with some other d-line played very well
"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

BigSexyHog

Good bye Slappy!!!!!  Please don't do anything more to screw this up.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

nextlevel

Quote from: Abominable Hillbilly on November 24, 2012, 10:41:52 am
I hope Caldwell is retained.  Smith and Flowers along with some other d-line played very well

Caldwell coached special teams this year...
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

ChicoHog

Quote from: nextlevel on November 24, 2012, 10:43:48 am
Caldwell coached special teams this year...
and defensive ends.  Peoples coached the DTs

nextlevel

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 24, 2012, 10:47:11 am
and defensive ends.  Peoples coached the DTs

I know, just saying that every time we forced a punt, I was hoping we didn't send someone out there to try and catch the ball...

Of the assistants on staff, the next head coach should only look to the defensive side of the ball for retention, offensive side hit the road, Allen to the office....

ell oh ell

soowage

I feel for the families as well...Paul's kids can thank uncle Bobbie!

razorbackcpa

Quote from: soowage on November 24, 2012, 11:01:35 am
I feel for the families as well...Paul's kids can thank uncle Bobbie!

No, they can think their father for being absolutely horrible at his job. Remember, there was a chance Paul could have been our head coach because we were under the impression he was as good as his brother. We were wrong.

nextlevel

Quote from: razorbackcpa on November 24, 2012, 11:05:33 am
No, they can think their father for being absolutely horrible at his job. Remember, there was a chance Paul could have been our head coach because we were under the impression he was as good as his brother. We were wrong.

This. He also could have worked his way onto the next staff by putting in more than 3 days worth of work in a week and actually putting in an effort to wanting to make it so his kids can finish highschool in one place or whatever it was he told the media.

He did not.

Fact is he is closer to a Nutt brother than a Harbaugh.

ell oh ell

Break & Run

Bobby Allen HAS to be retained.  If not, we have Brandon Mitchell and Brian Buener (sp?) at QB.  Austin Allen is the only current class QB commit.

Not good.  We need the Allen's to stay in Fayetteville.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

MDH

Quote from: nextlevel on November 24, 2012, 11:09:32 am
Fact is he is closer to a Nutt brother than a Harbaugh.

Great line.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

nextlevel

Quote from: The Mafia on November 24, 2012, 11:09:44 am
Bobby Allen HAS to be retained.  If not, we have Brandon Mitchell and Brian Buener (sp?) at QB.  Austin Allen is the only current class QB commit.

So both of the Allen's have said they will transfer/decommit if their dad isn't retained?

ell oh ell

NWASooner

Add them to the trail of ruined coaching careers caused by Bobby Petrino.

They'd all probably have jobs for the next 5-10 years had Bobby Petrino not been such an entitled and petulant child.

HognitiveDissonance

I do not have any animosity towards the assistants. They are just that...assistants.
In college sports, everything revolves around the head coach. He sets the tone. Our problem started April 1 and continued through the debacle that was John L. Smith. There was a total void of leadership and direction, much of which stemming from the fact that it was an interim situation.

It wouldn't be bother me at all if the new guy retained the entire staff. Ain't going to happen, but I'd be ok with it. Somehow everyone was singing their praises last year.

Ex-Trumpet

When does JLS' contract expire?  If Jeff Long composed it correctly, UA will not fire JLS, avoid unemployment costs, and simply not renew JLS's contract (effectual fire).
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Pork Twain

I would like to see him retained in some way, just because it seems like he has been here forever and has been a good contributor.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

kaiserhog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on November 24, 2012, 11:21:28 am
I do not have any animosity towards the assistants. They are just that...assistants.
In college sports, everything revolves around the head coach. He sets the tone. Our problem started April 1 and continued through the debacle that was John L. Smith. There was a total void of leadership and direction, much of which stemming from the fact that it was an interim situation.

It wouldn't be bother me at all if the new guy retained the entire staff. Ain't going to happen, but I'd be ok with it. Somehow everyone was singing their praises last year.
A most intelligent post.

nextlevel

We just tried that, we saw the results of nepotism and cronyism, it isn't going to cut it in the SEC, you think we would have learned our lesson with Nutt, but those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it, we need to start learnin, we take our lessons the hard way, most losses since 1990 this year... 

ell oh ell

nextlevel

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 24, 2012, 11:23:06 am
When does JLS' contract expire?  If Jeff Long composed it correctly, UA will not fire JLS, avoid unemployment costs, and simply not renew JLS's contract (effectual fire).

Mid February, JLS has been moved to a consultant role for the remainder of his contract.

ell oh ell

Break & Run

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 24, 2012, 11:23:06 am

February 23, 2013.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

hoglady

Quote from: nextlevel on November 24, 2012, 10:37:20 am
I find it hard to feel sorry for Paul Petrino when the down slide of the season started because he refused to take the ball out of the hands of a red-shirt freshman QB and run the ball to win a game against UL-M...

Oh - I agree he screwed up big time.
But it was apparent from the first game these coaches were in over their head.
They needed a leader - a Bobby Petrino. And were rudderless without him. We had a figurehead coach, an inexperienced DC and an obviously  incompetent OC. Paul Petrino is not as good as some of us thought he was. But none of these guys actually caused this debacle of a season.
That blame rests with Bobby and Jeff Long.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

cade321

Brian Buehner is beast-mode.  Seriously.  He's short so he'll never be taken seriously but he's awesome.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: cade321 on November 24, 2012, 11:29:44 am
Brian Buehner is beast-mode.  Seriously.  He's short so he'll never be taken seriously but he's awesome.
How often do y'all hang out?

cade321

He's way too cool to hang out with me.  =/

bigpigonthehill

Quote from: The Mafia on November 24, 2012, 10:00:48 am
You could not be more WRONG.

John L Smith was signed to a TEN MONTH contract in April.  Around the 20th, IIRC.

Guess what?  10 months would be February ~20, 2013.

So, no, his contract isn't over.

It just FEELS like 10 months have gone by

I see your point. One link said the Razorbacks would be making a change. However, no where did it say John L. Smith was let go. Just saying.....
How the hell did we wind up like this? Why weren't we able to see the signs that we missed? And try to turn the tables. Nothing is wrong, just as long as you know that someday I will. Some day, Some how. Gonna make it alright but not right now. I know you're wondering when.

Tim Harris

No we also have Tyler Cogswell committed and Taylor Reed a kid who transferred in from Memphis and will be available next year.

Brandon won't transfer. He already RS and would be giving up another year while sitting out.

No matter what you have read elsewhere on Hogville the sky is not falling.

HiggiePiggy

None of these coaches need to be kept. Let whoever comes in to decide on his own staff. If he chooses to keep keep some then good for them if not good bye.

I don't care if we lose commits because this staff is completely let go.  If a great coach is hired we aren't going to worry about those commits because he will recruit good players to here anyway.

Players are here for 4 to 5 years.  I want a coach that is great and here for the rest of my life. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Adam Stokes

Quote from: bsking on November 24, 2012, 09:53:32 am
I hear there's an opening in janitorial.

He does like his piss hot.

Jackson_64

Quote from: cade321 on November 24, 2012, 11:29:44 am

Brian?
Lane Kiffin.

And it is way closer to happening then you think.

Way closer.

PRJ

tusksincolorado

Totally agree....we went from a finely tuned precision operation last season to the movie Stripes with Bill Murray and John Candy this season!

That's a fact....Jack!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Dirty

This nightmare is finally over!

Smokehouse

Quote from: Pigstie on November 24, 2012, 10:20:21 am
I have similar feelings. ....  while I'm just as ready for change as everyone,  but these men are dads, husbands, sons, ect....  I wish nothing but the best.

It's not like they're getting cut out for questionable reasons. They were bad at their jobs and now they won't have them any more. No different than any other field outside of sports, except that they made more money than most people will at their jobs.

I don't see a reason to feel particularly sorry for them.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Break & Run

Quote from: bigpigonthehill on November 24, 2012, 11:35:55 am
I see your point. One link said the Razorbacks would be making a change. However, no where did it say John L. Smith was let go. Just saying.....

Go read the article from Tennessee's AD Hart after firing Dooley.

He said the exact same thing.  "We have decided to make a change in leadership in our football program..." blah, blah, blah...

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 24, 2012, 09:50:00 am
I think you are basically correct. However I think John L., based on Long's comments when he was hired, will be reassigned at some point soon. Once his contract runs out then he will simply be gone unless for whatever reason (doubtful) Long decides to give him some type of job within the athletic department.
the height of hypocrisy.....Long fires Petrino for non-NCAA matters (lying about an affair with a co worker)....then Long proceeds to hire a coach who is 30 to 40 million dollars in debt...no matter how you twist it, both are black-eyes on the UA...and now we're hearing Smith may stay a few more months ?  Long is just a hypocrite
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Break & Run

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 24, 2012, 01:21:27 pm
the height of hypocrisy.....Long fires Petrino for non-NCAA matters (lying about an affair with a co worker)....then Long proceeds to hire a coach who is 30 to 40 million dollars in debt...no matter how you twist it, both are black-eyes on the UA...and now we're hearing Smith may stay a few more months ?  Long is just a hypocrite

Long stated in the initial press conference that once the season is over or he gets his new coach, Smith will be reassigned within the athletic department for the remainder of his contract.  It's that simple.

Science Fiction Greg

Your height of hypocrisy isn't even tall enough to get on a roller-coaster.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

presidenthog

Quote from: Abominable Hillbilly on November 24, 2012, 10:41:52 am
I was thinking horton but thats only because i hear he is a good recruiter also i agree our d line did pretty good towards the end of the season. I wanted to keep allen for his sons but whatever position he coaches is the worst next to the o line. If anything i hope we all can agree klenakis should be the first one to go. I know the pauls were bad but the o line was by far the worst