Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009-2010 Waterfowl Season date set

Started by i like the # 7, August 20, 2009, 04:33:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

i like the # 7

Duck season dates are Nov. 21-Nov. 29, Dec. 10-Dec. 23 and Dec. 26-Jan. 31. The youth waterfowl hunt will be Dec. 5-6. The statewide Canada goose season will be Sept. 1-15 (bag limit five) and Jan. 10-Feb. 1 (bag limit two).

http://www.agfc.com/news/current-news.aspx?newsID=116

not sure what to think yet...
People say if it flies it dies. Well i say if it just sits there it still dies.

colt-45

I think they need to leave that Canadian Goose season open the whole time. Those things are getting thick.

i like the # 7

thats exactly what i was thinking. i had heard a rumor a few weeks ago that they werent going to have it so i was waiting to see. we always have good luck with the early season
People say if it flies it dies. Well i say if it just sits there it still dies.

HuntinHog

I think these dates are the best we could possibly get from the AGFC.  I'd give a kidney for the first 2 weeks in February, but that will never happen.

roundball

If anyone wants a couple of goose hunting buddies..a friend and mine will gladly join up. We have over 2 dozen velvet head standers and feeders and a dozen floaters..

davglo35

They may close the season about Nov. 18. That's the way they do business now. They post the season dates, issue the regulations, Let everyone buy their license (duck stamps) then close the season. Just ask the fall turkey hunters!

HuntinHog

Quote from: davglo35 on October 06, 2009, 07:04:38 am
They may close the season about Nov. 18. That's the way they do business now. They post the season dates, issue the regulations, Let everyone buy their license (duck stamps) then close the season. Just ask the fall turkey hunters!

They won't do that for two reasons:

1) They just can't cross that line with Duck Hunters, there'd be a war...

2) $$, $$, and more $$