Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knowing this......how long?

Started by Hogindasticks, November 22, 2017, 10:21:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

November 22, 2017, 10:21:36 pm Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:49:05 pm by Hogindasticks
Knowing that Gus or whoever won't be able to recruit as well as several of the other SEC teams in our division to begin with.....how long do you give him to be successful to establish legit recruiting?  It's not going to happen overnight.

LOL...denial...

No one?  REALLY?

isavedjazz

Are you insinuating giving Bret 5 years is expecting something to happen "overnight"? I really hope not.
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

Sooie71923

A lot of small voices wanted Brett gone in year 2 and 3.  So there is some that wanted microwave results.

Recruiting is Arkansas's biggest obstacle.  It gets in the way of hiring a GREAT coach. It also gets in the way of itself. Elite players want to play with other elite players.  It's going to take a few years, 3-5 to build the foundation stable enough to start gradually getting those elite guys.

Then after maintaining 8-10 wins a year those elite players will notice Arkansas is right there on the edge. They can be the difference. 

I say for a program like Arkansas, with help from instate talent, we can compete for the SEC title in 4-5 years.

GuvHog

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 23, 2017, 08:56:19 am
A lot of small voices wanted Brett gone in year 2 and 3.  So there is some that wanted microwave results.

Recruiting is Arkansas’s biggest obstacle.  It gets in the way of hiring a GREAT coach. It also gets in the way of itself. Elite players want to play with other elite players.  It’s going to take a few years, 3-5 to build the foundation stable enough to start gradually getting those elite guys.

Then after maintaining 8-10 wins a year those elite players will notice Arkansas is right there on the edge. They can be the difference. 

I say for a program like Arkansas, with help from instate talent, we can compete for the SEC title in 4-5 years.

I was just going to say, if a head coach can't show significant improvement by year 3 and build a winning program in 5 years, he isn't a good coach.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Boar Ultimatum

Will Gus not recruiting as well here have more to do with $ from boosters / shoe suppliers for recruits just like Auburn's basketball program? In that same line of thought, do you really believe Gus can't take the pressure at Auburn, and his wife wants to be closer to family as the real reason to leave Auburn. I think the FBI probe into Auburn's athletics program might be on Gus mind too!