Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Important Qualifications

Started by TOM "tbw1", November 08, 2017, 12:37:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TOM "tbw1"

Which of the following is more important in your opinion in the qualifications for the next head coach of the Razorbacks?

1.  Arkansas ties?

2.  SEC experience?

3.  Resume as a head coach?
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ipigsooie

The right fit is the most important to me. Take a guy with all 3 of those and if its the wrong fit it will never work.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 08, 2017, 12:52:17 pm
The right fit is the most important to me. Take a guy with all 3 of those and if its the wrong fit it will never work.

How do you determine the right fit?  I am an Arkansas graduate and love the Razorbacks.  That does not make me a good head coach prospect.

What factors do you see in the right fit?
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

HF#1

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 08, 2017, 12:52:17 pm

Someone someday will need to explain what the "right fit" is exactly. I assure you that fans version of the right fit and Jeff Long's are completely different. The right fit is whoever wins, period.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: HF#1 on November 08, 2017, 12:54:25 pm
Someone someday will need to explain what the "right fit" is exactly. I assure you that fans version of the right fit and Jeff Long's are completely different. The right fit is whoever wins, period.

My point exactly.  Winning cures everything. 

ipigsooie

Someone that knows the culture. Someone that understands the history and that all great razorback teams are built from recruiting texas. An elite recruiter but even better at evaluating talent and developing it. Someone innovative on offense that can coach 3 star players and develop them into NFL prospects. Someone that would be the smartest guy in the room, but not smug. Someone with energy that can revive our program.

I look at that list and each one of those 3 qualifications have names after names of guys that have failed but met those qualifications. 

ipigsooie

But if you want all 3, the only name i can see that fits is Lane Kiffin.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 08, 2017, 01:03:55 pm
But if you want all 3, the only name i can see that fits is Lane Kiffin.

What in his resume as a head coach do you like?

hogsanity

Quote from: HF#1 on November 08, 2017, 12:54:25 pm

actually the fans version and that of ANY AD ANYWHERE are completely different.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ipigsooie

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on November 08, 2017, 01:06:42 pm
What in his resume as a head coach do you like?

I dont like anything about him honestly, but he has been a head coach in the nfl. Had a decent record at usc despite ncaa sanctions  and has turned a perinneal loser program into first place in their conference in his first year. He would not be my choice but he does somewhat fit the mold of the 3 qualifications. 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Tusks

Just because BB has been a complete dumpster fire doesnt mean SEC experience is a requirement.

I know you guys want Gus, but if it doesn't work out the hogs don't need Les Miles.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Birminghog

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on November 08, 2017, 12:55:56 pm
My point exactly.  Winning cures everything.

It didn't cure it back in the day at SMU. It didn't cure it recently at Baylor. I want to win, but winning does not cure everything. We can win and still maintain integrity.

Hawginj

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 04:28:59 pm
Just because BB has been a complete dumpster fire doesnt mean SEC experience is a requirement.

I know you guys want Gus, but if it doesn't work out the hogs don't need Les Miles.
have you seen the Gus, Norvell polls nobody wants Gus and its not even close

ipigsooie

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 04:28:59 pm

Who wants Gus? Like one out of 20 hog fans. We want norvell.

Tusks

Quote from: Birminghog on November 08, 2017, 05:55:32 pm
It didn't cure it back in the day at SMU. It didn't cure it recently at Baylor. I want to win, but winning does not cure everything. We can win and still maintain integrity.

When has AR EVER been even remotely close to falling into that category?

Tusks

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 08, 2017, 07:21:25 pm
Who wants Gus? Like one out of 20 hog fans. We want norvell.

there's a push among the PTB crowd to get Gus into the job.  It helps when that crowd makes SEC experience a deal breaker. 

No one has been on the norvell bandwagon longer than me, but if you make SEC experience a REQUIREMENT, then you take norvell off the board.  It's one way to paint Gus into the job.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 07:26:53 pm
there's a push among the PTB crowd to get Gus into the job.  It helps when that crowd makes SEC experience a deal breaker. 

No one has been on the norvell bandwagon longer than me, but if you make SEC experience a REQUIREMENT, then you take norvell off the board.  It's one way to paint Gus into the job.

Reverend Pastor Headset Frosted Tips of Six Flags over Rogers is going to pray his boy home.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ipigsooie

If gus wins this weekend against Georgia (not a bad possibility) or against bama at home, I don't see auburn firing him and I certainly don't think we pay his buyout to steal him away.