Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe McKnight Killed

Started by sickboy, December 01, 2016, 06:05:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboy

Not Hog related directly, but we did recruit Joe heavily out of Louisiana. Killed in cold blood in a road rage situation. Sad.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18182683/joe-mcknight-former-usc-trojans-new-york-jets-rb-killed-louisiana

longpig

Damn shame.  He was tormented with really bad migraines his whole life and now this.
Don't be scared, be smart.

porkrindjimmy

Very sad deal. Prayers for his family and loved ones.

PRJ

ChicoHog

He was a huge recruit (5 star) that USC stole out of Lousiana from LSU.  Condolences to his family. 2 road rage type incidents with former NFL players in New Orleans the last year or two.  Pretty sad. 

Ugly Uncle

Man, what a player he was.  So sad.  Gone too soon.
Retired Radio Host

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: longpig on December 01, 2016, 08:25:27 pm
Damn shame.  He was tormented with really bad migraines his whole life and now this.

Pretty sure that was Percy Harvin.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Hogwild

I drove past that site twice in the previous two days. It's not a bad area, it happened 50 yards from the Orleans Parish line.

The shooter remained on the scene, reports are road rage, 54 year old white male was taken into custody.

Murr

Quote from: Hogwild on December 01, 2016, 11:29:39 pm
I drove past that site twice in the previous two days. It's not a bad area, it happened 50 yards from the Orleans Parish line.

The shooter remained on the scene, reports are road rage, 54 year old white male was taken into custody.

It'll be interesting to hear how the events unfolded leading up to the incident

cosmodrum

The shooter was released from custody. Such BS.
Go away, batin'

Hogwild

December 02, 2016, 04:06:12 pm #9 Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:23:32 pm by Hogwild
Quote from: Murr on December 02, 2016, 12:00:57 am
It'll be interesting to hear how the events unfolded leading up to the incident

From the police PC

1) Incident started on the Miss. River Bridge, continued through Algiers (New Orleans WestBank) and ended in Jefferson Parish.

2) Three shots were fired all from the automobile, shell casings found inside the car.

3) McKnight's car was pulled up aside the shooter's and wasn't in a legal lane.

The man who raised Joe McKnight was a deputy in the JPSO, the department handling the investigation

ronmahony

Man sounds like New Orleans is not a good place to be driving in if you are a former NFL player. Two killed in a year?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

LSUFan

Quote from: ronmahony on December 03, 2016, 06:47:01 pm
Man sounds like New Orleans is not a good place to be driving in if you are a former NFL player. Two killed in a year?
I no longer go into the city, the hood rats that were flushed out by Katrina are back in full force X 10.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.