Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michigan is what we aspire to be offensively

Started by ChicoHog, November 26, 2016, 11:43:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicoHog

Anyone watching the OSU/Michigan game?  Harbaugh's offense is very similar to ours except they have a much better Oline.  I like the QB under center, fullbacks and TE involved offense.  Just have to block better. 

Atlhogfan1

Michigan has defense. We would have had a very good season if we had an above avg defense
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ChicoHog

November 26, 2016, 11:59:05 am #2 Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 12:15:20 pm by ChicoHog
Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 26, 2016, 11:46:32 am
Michigan has defense. We would have had a very good season if we had an above avg defense
Absolutely.  Very good defense!  I have michigan and the under today so I hope this low scoring affair stays on track. 

PorkRinds

Yep. Our offense would have been fine and serviceable but the defense was toothless. Terrible. You can't win without a defense. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 26, 2016, 12:06:35 pm
Yep. Our offense would have been fine and serviceable but the defense was toothless. Terrible. You can't win without a defense.
And STs yesterday.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Just like our OL for much of the season.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RazorPiggie

Yep. Our offense wasn't much of the problem this year. Now we had a couple games that the Redzone offense wasn't good (aTm and Mizzou) but overall it wasn't too bad. Especially with 3 new starters on the Oline and new QB.

WorfHog

It's amazing what he's done in two years. Completely cleaned house and stocked the cabinet full of talent. Willing to bend the rules to get results and in a position to play for it all in only two years.  Meanwhile we wonder why we can't beat freaking MISSOURI?  :puke:

PorkRinds

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 26, 2016, 12:18:07 pm
Yep. Our offense wasn't much of the problem this year. Now we had a couple games that the Redzone offense wasn't good (aTm and Mizzou) but overall it wasn't too bad. Especially with 3 new starters on the Oline and new QB.
It wasn't great very often. But a defense that could be counted on at least sometimes would have made them look a lot better.

elksnort

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 26, 2016, 11:46:32 am
no kidding except for certain times I love our offense defense is what we need

The_Iceman

Pick 6. Their QB making decisions like Allen.

jdelo77

Both OSU and Mich have defenses ! Watch how the tackle in space ....

Wisco Pig

ChicoHog

Loved how that Michigan player got off the block and tackled the punter.  Great job.  Fun game to watch.

onebadrubi

I've said it since Luck and Harbough were teamed together and again when he was San Fran.  He is the best game caller in football.  He defines balance, makes his QB's be able to make EVERY throw on the field, and will run it on you. He also has that raw raw attitude to get his players to play above their talent level when needed. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wisco Pig on November 26, 2016, 01:21:42 pm
Plus, Michigan can stop fake punts.

We would have too had we made a tackle... How many times could we say that

HardCore

Michigan has a good coach that doesn't accept mediocrity.  Regardless of today's outcome....OSU better be aware, the future is coming and not in their favor
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

ChicoHog

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 26, 2016, 01:36:04 pm
If this is supposed to be the #2 and #3 teams in the country, I've tuned into the wrong game. 

However, an Ohio State loss would be a nice outcome. 
These are really good defensive teams.  I think there is a big gap between Bama and everyone else but I think OSU, Michigan, Washingotn, Clemson and a few others are all about the same level after Bama.  At least they play defense! And OSU probably has more future NFL players on their team than anyone except Bama. 

Bubba's Bruisers

I just want tOSU out of the playoff.  Just can't root for them or Meyer.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Hogz87

Wilton Speight is about the only reason Michigan doesn't already have this game completely and totally blown open.

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

3kgthog

Quote from: HardCore on November 26, 2016, 01:29:51 pm
Michigan has a good coach that doesn't accept mediocrity.  Regardless of today's outcome....OSU better be aware, the future is coming and not in their favor

Harbaugh isn't a big game winner. Never has been. Urban and OSU will be fine.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 26, 2016, 01:42:12 pm
I just want tOSU out of the playoff.  Just can't root for them or Meyer.

They now must sing the tune that they hated a couple years ago.  They won't make their title game now most likely.  THey were singing that this should be a must just a few seasons ago because that bettered them then. 

Speight spotted tOSU 14 points, Michigan fans got to be upset about that but on the other hand the O'korn guy would not have given their pocket books the spread cover at least. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 26, 2016, 03:26:15 pm
They now must sing the tune that they hated a couple years ago.  They won't make their title game now most likely.  THey were singing that this should be a must just a few seasons ago because that bettered them then. 

Speight spotted tOSU 14 points, Michigan fans got to be upset about that but on the other hand the O'korn guy would not have given their pocket books the spread cover at least. 

LOL.  I have no idea what any of this means.  Didn't watch the game.

Youngsta71701

I think our offense is actually better than there's. Or at least more versatile or balanced. We just have to learn as an offensive staff that if somethings working keep doing it until the defense stops it. We have to stay committed to what's working and if somethings not working do something different.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ChicoHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 26, 2016, 06:22:08 pm
I think our offense is actually better than there's. Or at least more versatile or balanced. We just have to learn as an offensive staff that if somethings working keep doing it until the defense stops it. We have to stay committed to what's working and if somethings not working do something different.
Strategically I think it is but we don't have the line to compare to them.  If we had their line Allen would have plenty of time to throw.