Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong fired at Texas

Started by swineology, November 26, 2016, 09:47:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TX HOG

I'm not saying smith isn't a good DC, but we need better athletes

jgphillips3

Arkansas guy, proven DC, recruiting ties in both Florida and Texas...and can't possibly be worse than what we saw this year.  I'm in.

Calling All Hogs

ricepig

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

onebadrubi

Quote from: TX HOG on November 26, 2016, 11:13:53 am
I wonder if he now feels like DC is his game.

He did great at Louisville.  He took over a down program with a bunch of sissy entitled babies.  I highly doubt he feels down about himself.  He was bringing in very good recruits at Texas this last recruiting season.  He left the coffers rather nice.  Stud QB, RB, Some Defensive studs.  I highly doubt he has given up his aspirations to be a HC.  He may want to take a DC position for a couple of years and bring in that buyout money, but he will want tobe a HC again soon, I think.

Danimal

Quote from: longpig on November 26, 2016, 11:20:01 am
Enos failed yesterday more so than Smith.
He called a bad second half for sure, but overall he's been more than competent. Can't say the same for our DC.

HOGINTENNESSEE

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: longpig on November 26, 2016, 11:20:01 am
Enos failed yesterday more so than Smith. 

Not his best game but still got us to the RZ 3 times in the second half. If AA doesn't throw that Int on 3rd down and we get a FG different game

jackflash

BB already said  wasn't looking to make changes

RedRock

Not looking and doing are 2 different deals

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: jackflash on November 26, 2016, 11:36:32 am
BB already said  wasn't looking to make changes

He has said that every year. Yet there is always several

26.2Hog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 26, 2016, 11:35:04 am
Not his best game but still got us to the RZ 3 times in the second half. If AA doesn't throw that Int on 3rd down and we get a FG different game

Very good point.  Enos didn't throw those two interceptions in the end zone when we were inside the five.  Or let them convert on that fake punt. Or get drawn off sides on fourth down.  Or get beat deep, at least eight times that I remember. 

This is the worst defense in at least 65 years, maybe ever.  Offense always looks better when the defense can be at least mediocre and stop somebody.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Lanny on November 26, 2016, 10:52:20 am
Anyone ready for a new DC
That dude ain't coming here to bump heads with this idiot we've got coaching for us right now.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hogfanmd

We better hire strong or he will get hired by Saban to be the 10th film analyst

sickboy

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 26, 2016, 11:25:33 am
I'm no expert and I'm not against Strong per-Se. But his heyday as a DC was before everybody was running this spread offense stuff. His Texas teams struggled defending it. Again I may be wrong but in my opinion hiring Strong is iffy at best.

Doesn't matter. The mob has spoken. If we hire anyone but Strong, folks are going to be disappointed. Even if your are right. Which I tend to think you are.

The Hawg Marshal

I'm no expert and I'm not against Strong per-Se. But his heyday as a DC was before everybody was running the spread offense. His Texas teams struggled defending it. Again I may be wrong but in my opinion hiring Strong is iffy at best.

Pigsknuckles

10.7 million buyout for Strong. Reduction in buyout if he takes another job. Not sure what the reduction is, or the time iimit, but I'm guessing he won't risk any of that buyout by coming to Arkansas.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

26.2Hog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 26, 2016, 11:50:13 am
I'm no expert and I'm not against Strong per-Se. But his heyday as a DC was before everybody was running the spread offense. His Texas teams struggled defending it. Again I may be wrong but in my opinion hiring Strong is iffy at best.

Totally agree.

PorkRinds

Charlie Strong ain't walking through that door. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 26, 2016, 11:50:13 am

Played mostly spread teams at Louisville. Practiced against Urban and Mullen's spread every day at FL.

TX HOG

Good coach good recruiter. These 2 things should equal success. 🤔

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 26, 2016, 11:59:43 am
Played mostly spread teams at Louisville. Practiced against Urban and Mullen's spread every day at FL.

Well something happened at Texas.

Redhogs

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 26, 2016, 11:48:07 am
That dude ain't coming here to bump heads with this idiot we've got coaching for us right now.
Exactly right.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Bebop

I would sit back and relax and collect the check, if it were me.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 26, 2016, 12:02:02 pm
Well something happened at Texas.

They weren't great at Texas for sure on D. But I think a lot of that was due to how bad there offenses was.

ChicoHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 26, 2016, 11:33:31 am
Next HC at Cincy
I can see that.  I think TT will be fired regardless and if they have a deal for Strong (agent talking behind the scenes)he will definitely be gone.  TT may be on TV next year. 

ricepig

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 26, 2016, 11:50:30 am
10.7 million buyout for Strong. Reduction in buyout if he takes another job. Not sure what the reduction is, or the time iimit, but I'm guessing he won't risk any of that buyout by coming to Arkansas.

Here's how his reduction works, it's reduced 50% by what we, or anyone pays him. If we pay him $1M to he DC, it reduces his pay from Texass by $500,000, he isn't losing any money. He also has to try to get a job, or it's subject to not being paid.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Bebop on November 26, 2016, 12:04:05 pm
I would sit back and relax and collect the check, if it were me.
No kidding!  But I'm not a driven guy like most of these coaches are.  He may take off a year but if he can get a HC job somewhere I think he takes it.  Maybe not a coordinator though.