Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those who say they are done with Hog sports who ya gonna root for

Started by hogsanity, November 25, 2016, 06:57:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Seen alot of people on here saying they are done with the Hogs, so which bandwagon you gonna jump on? Houston? Western Mich? Bama? Washington? OU? Oho St? Mich?  Just who are you going to start rooting for that meets your expectations of a college program?

Or maybe it will be a pro team. Maybe the Cowboys having their 1st really good season in about a decade. Seattle? Arizona? New England?

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LR_Matt

ASU is better than us in football and UALR better than us in basketball.... good places to start.

Hoggiedawg

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Atlhogfan1

None? Like w basketball find other things to do. Prioritize football less.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogginbama

My wife is from Bama so I can be a Bama fan and not considered a band-wagon jumper.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Pig_Lebowski

who says you have to "root" for anyone?  go fly fishing for fuggs sake.

LR_Matt

Ironhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2016, 06:57:18 pm
Seen alot of people on here saying they are done with the Hogs, so which bandwagon you gonna jump on? Houston? Western Mich? Bama? Washington? OU? Oho St? Mich?  Just who are you going to start rooting for that meets your expectations of a college program?

Or maybe it will be a pro team. Maybe the Cowboys having their 1st really good season in about a decade. Seattle? Arizona? New England?

I don't know that I am done with Arkansas sports, but I do believe I am done getting excited over football season as long as Bret Bielema is here.  I am a native Arkansan and I just can't think of another program I would pull for.  I think I will spend more time hunting and fishing and hiking and biking. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

LTCHawg

XavierZane

More importantly, will they stop posting here now that they're done with the Razorbacks... sick of the Razorbacks... find the Razorbacks a waste of time?

Unfortunately, I somehow doubt it. 

Ironhawg

Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on November 25, 2016, 06:59:38 pm
who says you have to "root" for anyone?  go fly fishing for fuggs sake.

I am sitting here looking at my fly rod right now as a matter of fact!

hogsanity

Just wondered how many of you will just do something else. Best thing I ever did was to get involved in officiating, let me actually do something to do with sports yet not build my whole time around the ups downs of a group of 18-22 yr olds.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Ironhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2016, 07:03:27 pm
Just wondered how many of you will just do something else. Best thing I ever did was to get involved in officiating, let me actually do something to do with sports yet not build my whole time around the ups downs of a group of 18-22 yr olds.

I have been a Hog fan for almost my entire life.  My granddad took me to my first Razorback game at WMS when I was 10.  He wore his red blazer, white pants, white fedora with a red hatband and Razorback tie.  After that first game I was hooked and have been ever since until today.  In seasons past, even though I knew the odds were very much against us ever winning a national championship again, I felt we would at least compete.  Today I lost hope that we will ever achieve anything in college football.  We might occasionally sniff the top 25 for a short time, but we'll fall back down to being irrelevant.  I have no confidence in Bret Bielema.  This team is too up and down.  The defense and offensive lines are horrible.  The defense is probably the worst I have ever seen at Arkansas.  I just see nothing that gives me any hope for the future.  We have become to the top tier teams of the SEC what Rice used to be to the top teams of the SWC. 
I think I am just going to let go of Razorback football.  I can do more hunting and fishing and hiking and such. 

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

nwahogfan1

I will start being a band wagon fan and jump on the hot teams to cheer for.    Lol.  I serve 30+ years in Air Force so I was cheering for them to beat Boise St today.

AFBack

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2016, 06:57:18 pm

Funny how your tune changes from our struggles in basketball vs football.
We just lost to the absolute worst team on the schedule in a stadium with about 20k ppl.

Horrible loss to a one win SEC team. I can't blame ppl if they want to jump off the bielema wagon at this point.

hogsanity

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 25, 2016, 07:18:25 pm

I think I am just going to let go of Razorback football.  I can do more hunting and fishing and hiking and such. 

That would be a good idea whether they were really good or not.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogsanity

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 25, 2016, 07:25:44 pm
Funny how your tune changes from our struggles in basketball vs football.
We just lost to the absolute worst team on the schedule in a stadium with about 20k ppl.

Horrible loss to a one win SEC team. I can't blame ppl if they want to jump off the bielema wagon at this point.

I did not say it was not a bad loss, it was. My point is for those who are leaving the program, what are they going to do, because you know darn well they are not going to give up their vicarious living through
sport.

As for the two sports, the reason I say what I do is because I think they have a chance to actually be a national player in basketball. The state produces enough talent for that, if you stop letting it get away. In basketball you really only need 2 top level players to go with your role players. They have a much better chance to be a consistent top 25 basketball team than they do in football.

10thPlanet

I am pretty disappointed, but every time I see a kid that signed with the Hogs, or the red glow on the stadium from the jumbo tron my butt will be all on board.

buldozer

I always root for the hogs! And every once in a while I root for a new coach..... If we don't get some new assistant coaches in the off season, I will be rooting for a new head coach next year

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Cullen Fitzpatrick on November 25, 2016, 07:31:36 pm
South Dakota State Jackrabbits.

I say head a little more north. As in the North Dakota State Bison. Good tradition there. From there, Winnipeg ain't far either.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

tchog1956

Deeznutts

Rather take a soothing 3 hour dump than watch this circus. Then take 30 seconds the next morning to read how we pulled it out or got ran all over. Same story, different verse. Just a matter of putting the time quality where it matters. Not on Arkansas football or basketball.

WorfHog

I'll root for the Hogs, but that doesn't mean I have to love Jeff Long and the funky bunch.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2016, 07:31:24 pm
I did not say it was not a bad loss, it was. My point is for those who are leaving the program, what are they going to do, because you know darn well they are not going to give up their vicarious living through
sport.

As for the two sports, the reason I say what I do is because I think they have a chance to actually be a national player in basketball. The state produces enough talent for that, if you stop letting it get away. In basketball you really only need 2 top level players to go with your role players. They have a much better chance to be a consistent top 25 basketball team than they do in football.

I've already done it with basketball ... the day Long hired MA.  Apparently a lot of others did too judging by the attendance issues.  And increasing the talent MA has on hand will only increase the frustration of underachievement.  In order to excel, that talent will have to have a coach who can get the most out of it.

Quote from: Deeznutts on November 25, 2016, 07:46:41 pm
Rather take a soothing 3 hour dump than watch this circus. Then take 30 seconds the next morning to read how we pulled it out or got ran all over. Same story, different verse. Just a matter of putting the time quality where it matters. Not on Arkansas football or basketball.
Watch for hemoroids.

Razorbacks#1

I have been a lifelong fan of the RAZORBACKS. Will still support, wear my Hog gear, (Columbia Jacket with a HOG logo.) And guess what? I will support the current coach currently at the helm. Just my modis operandi
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Torqued pork

Quote from: WorfHog on November 25, 2016, 07:56:38 pm
I'll root for the Hogs, but that doesn't mean I have to love Jeff Long and the funky bunch.
Same here. I'm fed up with the people in charge of this $#it show, but I will always cheer for our players.

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

ThisTeetsTaken

Not a replacement but I'm rooting for Wyoming until we play again.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

JONAS

Nobody.  I think I need to take a year off from watching sports.  If I don't, I'll probably die of a heart attack.

LZH

GoHogs1091

Quote from: AFBack on November 25, 2016, 07:24:13 pm
UCA in the playoffs.

UCA Head Coach, Steve Campbell, has shown this season that he is the best collegiate football Head Coach in the 3 state area (3 state area being Arkansas, Mississippi, and Missouri).

b-ash

Cowboys and who ever is on my fantasy team.  At least those have fair drafts.  Beat players don't got like the same stupid teams every year.

LZH

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 25, 2016, 08:43:50 pm
UCA Head Coach, Steve Campbell, has shown this season that he is the best collegiate football Head Coach in the 3 state area (3 state area being Arkansas, Mississippi, and Missouri).

How about Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee? Or Louisiana, Texas, and New Mexico? Or.....

Sho Nuff

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 25, 2016, 07:01:58 pm
I don't know that I am done with Arkansas sports, but I do believe I am done getting excited over football season as long as Bret Bielema is here.  I am a native Arkansan and I just can't think of another program I would pull for.  I think I will spend more time hunting and fishing and hiking and biking.
Exactly - this is what many of us will do.  It may take time, but sooner or later the lack of attendance will be noticed.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 25, 2016, 07:03:10 pm
I am sitting here looking at my fly rod right now as a matter of fact!

We don't need to hear about what you do when your wife is out of town
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

pigmailyen