Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So are L-Ville fans wanting BP gone?

Started by Erockster20, November 17, 2016, 08:33:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Erockster20

I wonder if they are starting a gofundme page to buy him out. I mean he is losing 31-0 to an unranked team in year 3. No way they can accept that.

theFlyingHog

Don't know how cereal they take their football over there. May be a moot point on the buyout though. I doubt Louisville was stupid enough to give a Jeff Long/Bret Bielema buyout

dmaxfan

You may want to wait until the end of the game. The difference between petrino and beliema is petrino can outscheme and and make adjustments at halftime. He may not win but at least he'll close the gap.

2014 when beliema was beliema's best team imho
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

jm

Probably not yet, but he has yet to prove that he can keep a winning team together 5 or 6 years down the road. If his defense continues to deteriorate they will have the pitchforks out after another year or two. It will be interesting to watch either way.

Bubba's Bruisers

Context never matters.  And I don't want BB fired.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jm on November 17, 2016, 08:54:14 pm
Probably not yet, but he has yet to prove that he can keep a winning team together 5 or 6 years down the road. If his defense continues to deteriorate they will have the pitchforks out after another year or two. It will be interesting to watch either way.

Louisville won't repeat BP.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 17, 2016, 08:45:55 pm
You may want to wait until the end of the game. The difference between petrino and beliema is petrino can outscheme and and make adjustments at halftime. He may not win but at least he'll close the gap.

There is no excuse getting down 31-0 to an unrated team from a none P5.

dmaxfan

There is no excuse to lose to a team like toledo... at home. Or barely skate by Louisiana tech at home. Say what you want about Houston, but everyone knew they were good.

And at least Louisville will score in the 2nd when he changes the game plan which is more than beliema can do.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

thefisher

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 17, 2016, 09:20:57 pm
There is no excuse getting down 31-0 to an unrated team from a none P5.

Yeah... where is Hogcard. He was beating that drum non stop last week. Shouldn't he be on here screaming for CBP's job right now if he is consistent?!?
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

The_Iceman

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 17, 2016, 09:31:28 pm
There is no excuse to lose to a team like toledo... at home. Or barely skate by Louisiana tech at home. Say what you want about Houston, but everyone knew they were good.

And at least Louisville will score in the 2nd when he changes the game plan which is more than beliema can do.

Toledo was not in our home stadium.

Atlhogfan1

No excuse not to be prepared when in contention for a playoff spot. Not the first time this has happened.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

King Kong

Unranked SMU and Navy don't think Houston is that good. Of course you will ignore that Toledo was ranked at the end of last season.

Nosboar Accubond

Ah, so it's ok if he loses so long as he closes the gap. So moral victories are cool for CBP because he's a good schemer and sportsman. But CBB is just a loser.

Just curious, you realize the following happened on CBP's watch right?
Beat mighty Western Illinois by 4
Knocked out big time La Monroe by 1
Lost to Kentucky by 1
Lost to Hootie by 1
Took down Tulsa by 7
Ole Hootie got us again by 13
Smacked down East Carolina in OT
Smoked Vandy again by 3

Now the best part is CBP had some decent talent to start. CBB started completely over.

CBP played 21 ranked opponents in 51 games winning 9 of those 21.

CBB has played 25 ranked opponents in 48 games winning 7 of those 25.

But let's keep talking like CBP hung the moon, was unbeatable and wore a crown while CBB is trash.

CBP had two fantastic seasons. The SEC landscape was different and his SOS was not nearly as tough as CBB has faced.

Both have been unable to field a run defense.

CBP could score points, but hasn't proven the ability to sustain success beyond 4 years. His recruiting and house of cards approach will catch him.

Time will tell for CBB.

I'm on the fence for CBB, but I don't lose sleep at night missing CBP.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: King Kong on November 17, 2016, 09:44:32 pm
Unranked SMU and Navy don't think Houston is that good. Of course you will ignore that Toledo was ranked at the end of last season.
Now that doesn't matter, I mean it's Toledo. No name recognition, regardless of the fact they fielded a very good and senior laden team that year. They don't sound like they should be good so it's a terrible, career defining loss.

Dropkick

He has closed the gap to 34-10 with 5 minutes left. Genius!

Atlhogfan1

Bobby got out coached. His offense has been shut down.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dropkick on November 17, 2016, 10:18:03 pm
He has closed the gap to 34-10 with 5 minutes left. Genius!
He's winning the second half, 10-3!   >:(

Nosboar Accubond

L-ville has played 2 teams with winning records this year... They've given up 10 sacks tonight for 70 yards.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 17, 2016, 10:19:46 pm
Bobby got out coached. His offense has been shut down.
Well some... Ed Olliver helped too

Dropkick

Better put some of his Arkansas cult on suicide watch, they didn't see this doomsday scenario coming. LMAO!

longpig

Closed that gap a whopping 5 points.  ;D
Don't be scared, be smart.

StewDogg11

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on November 17, 2016, 10:21:25 pm
L-ville has played 2 teams with winning records this year... They've given up 10 sacks tonight for 70 yards.

Try 4 and it will be 5 once Kentucky beats Austin Peay this weekend.  No idea where some of you people get your "facts" from.

MrThunderhog

You CBP haters are as bad as Hillary supporters
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Iwastherein1969

Petrino doesn't have tea cup Yorkies cleverly named Ricky and Lucy    that right there should be the yardstick by which the two coaches should be measured
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hogfan870

So is the argument now really that Petrino is not a good football coach?

ChitownHawg

Yep CBP adjusted.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

That was one heck of a comeback wasn't it?  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

code red

Quote from: Erockster20 on November 17, 2016, 08:33:31 pm
I wonder if they are starting a gofundme page to buy him out. I mean he is losing 31-0 to an unranked team in year 3. No way they can accept that.
I am not defending Bobby.  Just going to point out Houston was ranked 6th until a rash of injuries devastated them.  Plus, Herman is a unreal coach and Major Apple white called a great game.  Thursday night on the road will make you look silly Lville is a good team.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

arkhogball

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on November 17, 2016, 10:11:49 pm
Ah, so it's ok if he loses so long as he closes the gap. So moral victories are cool for CBP because he's a good schemer and sportsman. But CBB is just a loser.

Just curious, you realize the following happened on CBP's watch right?
Beat mighty Western Illinois by 4
Knocked out big time La Monroe by 1
Lost to Kentucky by 1
Lost to Hootie by 1
Took down Tulsa by 7
Ole Hootie got us again by 13
Smacked down East Carolina in OT
Smoked Vandy again by 3

Now the best part is CBP had some decent talent to start. CBB started completely over.

CBP played 21 ranked opponents in 51 games winning 9 of those 21.

CBB has played 25 ranked opponents in 48 games winning 7 of those 25.

But let's keep talking like CBP hung the moon, was unbeatable and wore a crown while CBB is trash.

CBP had two fantastic seasons. The SEC landscape was different and his SOS was not nearly as tough as CBB has faced.

Both have been unable to field a run defense.

CBP could score points, but hasn't proven the ability to sustain success beyond 4 years. His recruiting and house of cards approach will catch him.

Time will tell for CBB.

I'm on the fence for CBB, but I don't lose sleep at night missing CBP.

Well said!!!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on November 17, 2016, 10:22:22 pm
Well some... Ed Olliver helped too

I was jabbing the Petrino fans. 

Oliver is one of those Bama,, LSU, Florida etc get on a regular basis.  He makes a big difference for Houston. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MrThunderhog on November 17, 2016, 11:52:59 pm
You CBP haters are as bad as Hillary supporters

Don't hate CBP.  Hate his fans. 

KY Hog Man

Quote from: Erockster20 on November 17, 2016, 08:33:31 pm

As long as he continues to play exciting and modern offensive football, they will continue to want him.

EastexHawg

He's 67-20 at Louisville in his two stints there.  Yeah, this thread is clever and well thought out...

wildhogman

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 18, 2016, 03:54:49 pm
He's 67-20 at Louisville in his two stints there.  Yeah, this thread is clever and well thought out...
So basically the only difference between him and hatfield is one runs the ball a lot, and the other throws a lot.  Not looking up the record, but I figure they pretty close to the same. And neither has beaten a team they weren't supposed to. 

wildhogman

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 18, 2016, 03:54:49 pm
67-21 now, how do they lose to UK hahahah