Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Bobby

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, November 17, 2016, 08:17:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 17, 2016, 10:02:28 pm
I hate spread offense. Can't get 4th and a foot.

Heck our pro style offense did the same thing a few times this year.

thefisher

Quote from: hogz11 on November 17, 2016, 10:01:56 pm
..... Let's laugh in 2 years when he destroys the Louisville program and Bielema is fielding a top 10 Arkansas team..

That we are agreed on completely!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 17, 2016, 10:06:00 pm
Heck our pro style offense did the same thing a few times this year.

They are soft and the spread takes the ball away from line of scrimmage. OM has had the same issue.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Chart Titley

I'm not a Bobby supporter- but who gives a rat's ass if he is winning or losing.  People who do are pathetic.....
You, madam, are addressing a man, who is in fact quiet and yet, not quiet, if I may offer to you a riddle.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogz11 on November 17, 2016, 10:07:56 pm
Again, this isn't the year for Razorback fans to throw darts at Petrino. You can't field a defense as bad as this year's along with all of the other struggles and talk smack to other teams.

For Frank sake the darts are being thrown at Petrino fans. Not Lou. We don't give a darn about Lou.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: IronHog on November 17, 2016, 09:42:01 pm

He has a great team with a true frosh QB.....

Nobody will want to play them the next two years

Sophomore but still won't slow your BP love.

Dr. Starcs

Heck of a play call there by bobby. Down 21 with 9:00 left. Punt.

Atlhogfan1

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 17, 2016, 10:10:36 pm
Heck of a play call there by bobby. Down 21 with 9:00 left. Punt.
Bobby quit. He quit on his team. Now he is throwing a tantrum. 

dhizzle

After lousville graduates the defensive players Charlie brought in there. The defense will go back to the soft defenses we had here and still have here.

Keldeo1997

Lol BP punts the ball down 3 scores with 8 mins let in the 4th. I and I won't think anyone would want a quitter as their Coach

PonderinHog

thefisher

Quote from: Keldeo1997 on November 17, 2016, 10:13:05 pm
Lol BP punts the ball down 3 scores with 8 mins let in the 4th. I and I won't think anyone would want a quitter as their Coach

Seems that tonight he evidently DID come to paint.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 17, 2016, 10:15:16 pm
Smoke draw ???
Not Dale. No flashback.

Something that keeps clock moving

PonderinHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 17, 2016, 10:17:00 pm
Not Dale. No flashback.

Something that keeps clock moving
How many sacks is that now?  That'll move the clock or run them out of timeouts.

IronHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 17, 2016, 10:09:35 pm
Sophomore but still won't slow your BP love.

He's a horses rear

His teams are fun to watch though
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: IronHog on November 17, 2016, 10:19:57 pm
He's a horses rear

I am enjoying it.

IronHog

Quote from: thefisher on November 17, 2016, 10:15:36 pm
Seems that tonight he evidently DID come to paint.

Nice Bobby is weak.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 17, 2016, 10:19:27 pm
How many sacks is that now?  That'll move the clock or run them out of timeouts.

A lot

Another Lou penalty too. Saw a few of these from 08 to 11.

thefisher

Quote from: IronHog on November 17, 2016, 10:19:57 pm
He's a horses rear

I have enjoyed watching them tonight.

Dropkick

Total lack of discipline, who would have thought it?

Atlhogfan1

greasy_corner

Never fear Bobby fans, you can still support your #5 ranked coach...

Atlhogfan1

16 Lou penalties. Good job preparing Bobby. Nice discipline. Guess they followed their leader.

soooieman

Bobby has NEVER, EVER beaten a top 10 team on the road in his entire coaching career.  Overrated coach

Dr. Starcs

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson:

--- Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 29, 2016, 03:04:31 pm ---Lol, 35 point favorite has to score with less then a minute to escape an embarrassing loss.

--- End quote ---

"Yep heavy favorites on road in conf escapes with win. They were sputtering all day, but i think the key is they got the W.

Not sure if Petrino ever lost a game at Arkansas when his team was suppose to win.  I remember a couple close calls though. Vandy comes to mind.  I know he didnt lose to the likes of toledo etc"

So much for that.

wildhogman

Quote from: IronHog on November 17, 2016, 08:36:03 pm

Inconsistent defense.

At least he had big games.
And lost them all. Bama all 4 times, LSU for a shot at a second BCS bolw. Aubbie for a shot at a BCS.  And ofcourse the Sugar bowl against tattoo U

jkstock04

I wonder if Houston would let us borrow some of their defensive back 7. I would take every one of them and replace what we have starting.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 17, 2016, 10:02:28 pm
I hate spread offense. Can't get 4th and a foot.
Neither can we!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

cosmodrum

And Stoops holds out the Big Game Bob torch to Petrino.
Go away, batin'

Dillar Dog

In the defense of the Bobby fans, he is a top 5 coach in almost getting you to a championship.

Small victories, guys.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Surfing8 on November 17, 2016, 10:44:29 pm
I think they're likely better than half the teams in the Top 25. 

It would be mildly interesting to go back and watch their game vs Navy... wonder if they were caught looking ahead, or just couldn't adjust to the option attack.
It was a pouring down monsoon and Navy killed them running the ball.

Atlhogfan1

colbs

Quote from: Surfing8 on November 17, 2016, 08:28:17 pm
Easily Top 10... Top 5 is very debatable.

Especially tonight.
Hard to consider someone a top 10 coach when they are 0-11 against top 15 teams on the road.  Top 5 is not even debatable.

jkstock04

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on November 17, 2016, 10:56:56 pm
It was a pouring down monsoon and Navy killed them running the ball.
& Herman made mention they had some key injuries...guys they got back tonight.

That was as impressive of a defensive performance as I've seen all year. They have got some men in that back 7. Absolute specimens...wish we had anyone that athletic on our defense.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

longpig

He looks like a dumbass in those ugly hats with the big L.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Iwastherein1969

the butthurt is strong in this thread....even Yoda can't temper the hate with his super powers....its hilarious to watch haters of Petrino run smack on the guy when the team (our Arkansas Razorbacks) that he had ranked as high as #3 in the last week end of regular football in 2010...we haven't seen that type of national recognition since young Black athletes were allowed to play sports in the SEC...people who bash a great coach like Bobby Petrino were the kids in middle school, and we all knew them well, whose response to almost every argument was, "oh yeah, so what !"   Jealousy and butt hurt abounds in this thread.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

soooieman

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 17, 2016, 11:54:28 pm
the butthurt is strong in this thread....even Yoda can't temper the hate with his super powers....its hilarious to watch haters of Petrino run smack on the guy when the team (our Arkansas Razorbacks) that he had ranked as high as #3 in the last week end of regular football in 2010...we haven't seen that type of national recognition since young Black athletes were allowed to play sports in the SEC...people who bash a great coach like Bobby Petrino were the kids in middle school, and we all knew them well, whose response to almost every argument was, "oh yeah, so what !"   Jealousy and butt hurt abounds in this thread.

I'll tell you what else is strong in your thread. Selective stats. So we were #3 going into the last week and then what??? Yeah, played another ranked team on the road and got smashed.
Made it to the BCS? Then what? Got beat again by a ranked team. He's never beaten anybody. Say what you want about CBB, but at least he can beat talented teams on the road. Fans of his are blinded by a flashy offense and not the fact that he beats up crap opponents to get his fame.
He only played 2 good teams while at UA in the west. LSU (split) and Alabama (never beat)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Surfing8 on November 17, 2016, 08:28:17 pm
Easily Top 10... Top 5 is very debatable.

Especially tonight.

Until he can field a consistently solid defense he is only a top 10 offensive mind. Top 10 coaches should be good on both sides of the ball.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

code red

Hogs would have struggled to keep Austin from getting obliterated vs that Houston front.  Houston is good and finally healthy.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: imtad16 on November 17, 2016, 08:29:39 pm

"Damn it! I told you to bring the Houston playbook not the Wake Forest play book!"

I'm sure he used stronger words than  "Damn it".......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 17, 2016, 08:34:51 pm
Looks like a bad motorcycle wreck.

Belated post of the day winner!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ChitownHawg

Quote from: code red on November 18, 2016, 05:38:31 am
Hogs would have struggled to keep Austin from getting obliterated vs that Houston front.  Houston is good and finally healthy.

Dude, don't get in the way of some good Bobby hatin.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Inhogswetrust

November 18, 2016, 05:48:25 am #93 Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:33:24 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: hogz11 on November 17, 2016, 09:43:52 pm
Seems like a lot of people in this thread have forgotten 2010 & 2011. Last time Bobby was coach here, he had the Hogs ranked at high as #3 and finished the year #5. The 2012 team had a #10 preseason ranking due to his success.

He deserved to get fired for what he pulled, but let's not act like we never cared about the success he brought the Hogs. Can CBB achieve the same or better? Sure.......only time will tell. But Louisville would beat Arkansas by 60 this year.

People on here laughing reek of jealousy......

Seems more like some folks forget what he did when he left and how he left. He only cared about HIS success and ego.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 17, 2016, 10:50:57 pm
And Stoops holds out the Big Game Bob torch to Petrino.

^^^This
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

IronHog

Quote from: soooieman on November 18, 2016, 12:11:22 am
I'll tell you what else is strong in your thread. Selective stats. So we were #3 going into the last week and then what??? Yeah, played another ranked team on the road and got smashed.
Made it to the BCS? Then what? Got beat again by a ranked team. He's never beaten anybody. Say what you want about CBB, but at least he can beat talented teams on the road. Fans of his are blinded by a flashy offense and not the fact that he beats up crap opponents to get his fame.
He only played 2 good teams while at UA in the west. LSU (split) and Alabama (never beat)

Last 5 losses:

Bama at home.  Shoulda won
Auburn on road.  Shoulda won.  Refs helped Auburn.
OSU.  Shoulda won

Bama.  Scary defense on road
LSU.  Scary defense II on road, bad week for hogs

There is plenty to complain about BP but his product on the field was good......