Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wide receiver sees coach, other recruit as big pluses

Started by Hogstradamus, May 08, 2005, 07:52:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogstradamus

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."  -- Lou Holtz

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games." -- Paul Bear Bryant

pioneerhog

The only problem I saw with this WR is that he said "I want to go where they throw the football". It is a known fact that we don't throw the ball much, but if they can convince him that we are going to start throwing it, then it sounds like we have a very good chance with this kid.

Hogstradamus

Quote from: pioneerhog on May 08, 2005, 08:47:54 am
The only problem I saw with this WR is that he said "I want to go where they throw the football". It is a known fact that we don't throw the ball much, but if they can convince him that we are going to start throwing it, then it sounds like we have a very good chance with this kid.

We know he's got some good genes.  His dad is former Pro-Bowl RB Wilburt Montgomery.  It sounds like Mitch might have an influence on his decision.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."  -- Lou Holtz

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games." -- Paul Bear Bryant

pioneerhog

Quote from: Hogstradamus on May 08, 2005, 09:11:01 am
Quote from: pioneerhog on May 08, 2005, 08:47:54 am

We know he's got some good genes. His dad is former Pro-Bowl RB Wilburt Montgomery. It sounds like Mitch might have an influence on his decision.
And if we get a competent QB like Mitch then I could see us changeing up our offense and go to a little more passing.

hillbilly

He might want to run track in college too, and what place would be better to do that at than U of A?

killamon

im pretty sure mitch already knows that when he comes to arkansas the offense will definitely be adjusted to his suiting.   similar to what we did with matt.   so mitch should have know problem knowing what he'll get if he comes to uofa.   and if mitch comes,  other highly rated WR prospects will be looking at uofa. (not just damien and derrong....remember the name ricky dixon even if he doesnt come to ark.)