Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas gaining interest from 5 STAR Point Guard

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, May 04, 2005, 09:54:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Batman brought to my attention that Arkansas is now being listed on the rivals database by 6'5 200lbs Derrick Jasper of the 06' Class.  He was recently at the Real Deal on the Hill w/ the The EBO program AAU squad.  He is more of a combo guard because he excels at both PG/SG positions but he says he feels most comfortable at the point.

Derrick is very,  very athletic player that has an excellent basketball I.Q. which equates to a extremely high Assist to turnover ratio.  Mr. Jasper does most of his scoring by taking the ball to the rack. He is considered one of the best premiere penetrating guards in the nation reguardless of classification with his Lebron like skillz.  What he lacks on the perimeter he makes up for in rebounding & defense.

Last season he averaged 21.0 points, 7.1 rebounds, and 6.8 assists per game.
...his Sophmore season he averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds and five assists per game.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

return2glory

Who else is this kid listing as his favorites? Has had made any implication of wanting to take make a visit to the Hill?

tophawg19

sounds like a good recruit .a guard who can penetrate would help with the zone defense's
how bad is his shooting a 2 guard that can't shoot wouldn't help .is it bad enough that he would be a P.G only .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PennHOG

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 04, 2005, 12:30:41 pm
sounds like a good recruit .a guard who can penetrate would help with the zone defense's
how bad is his shooting a 2 guard that can't shoot wouldn't help .is it bad enough that he would be a P.G only .

I though that was all we had was guards that could penetrate.  We need guards that can shoot more, I think. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

tophawg19

ours can't finish when they penetrate they turn the ball over or force a bad shot . we need some who can collapse the defense in then kick the ball out for open shots or score on their own .
we are recruiting good shooters now . has anything else been said about kemp's elgibility .

The_Bionic_Pig

May 04, 2005, 01:55:05 pm #5 Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 10:23:11 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: return2glory on May 04, 2005, 12:20:28 pm

Who else is this kid listing as his favorites? Has had made any implication of wanting to take make a visit to the Hill?

Arizona, USC, Arkansas are the main 3 with USC being his only offer.  The others showing interest are Uconn, UCLA, Kansas, Washington.   He states that he never had a childhood favorite so he is wide open.  Rivals is showing Arizona as a high interest only because they have been the only school to offer thus far.   You can thank Mike Conley Sr. if he indeeds signs for this one - REAL DEAL ON THE HILL.  Nothing like having most of the top 75 Juniors in the country come to your home campus for a weekend tourney.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tophawg19

Mike jr. may not sign but Mike sr. is still leaving his mark on the program . mike sr. needs to be honored for this he put more top recruits on the hill than we've had in 10 or 15 years together .

killamon

i dont think we'll get conley but most likely kemp at pg.  however, 6-5 jasper sounds very good also.  at PF we'll probably get chism and washington.  SF, i hope we get Weems from Fort Smith, Wilderness from Florida, or Young from memphis.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: killamon on May 07, 2005, 07:15:53 pm
i dont think we'll get conley but most likely kemp at pg. however, 6-5 jasper sounds very good also. at PF we'll probably get chism and washington. SF, i hope we get Weems from Fort Smith, Wilderness from Florida, or Young from memphis.

Chism is going to have to hit the books hard to qualify....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*