Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top H.S. player Oden narrows college picks to four

Started by Hogstradamus, April 27, 2005, 07:08:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogstradamus

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."  -- Lou Holtz

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games." -- Paul Bear Bryant

SonOfMud

"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

CarolinaHog1176

WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

akp4105

doesnt matter if we make the top 4 of his colleges or not..he's goin pro..

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

akp4105

yeah once paul left wake for the nba its pretty much set in stone..conley is goin to wake

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: hog_fan on April 27, 2005, 07:50:46 pm
Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on April 27, 2005, 04:47:21 pm
Quote from: SonOfMud on April 27, 2005, 09:12:37 am
No surprise.

care to elaborate?

Hogs didn't make top 4.

I understood why he was saying it.... I just thought he'd maybe have something more to say than just showing no support for our program's ability to recruit
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

pioneerhog

akp4105

its not a suprise not because we cannot recruit..but the simple fact that we probably didnt press as hard knowning he's going to the nba...just like jefferson...heath can recruit people...he just didnt want another jefferson leavin for the nba...as for Mike Conley..he was never goin here..and he's locked in on Wake now..

Big Dog

Might as well right of Conley and start looking at the talent in Memphis. If we could sign 2 guards from Memphis and Young from Memphis and another bigman. the Hogs will be on the right track.

tophawg19

next year could be big depending on how we do and if we have a coaching change we should have a good chance to get several of them .

akp4105

kemp looks like the one to freakin go after..he's a PG..thats what we need..and he made conley look like wake forest's new nightmare...

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: akp4105 on April 27, 2005, 11:29:55 pm
its not a suprise not because we cannot recruit..but the simple fact that we probably didnt press as hard knowning he's going to the nba...just like jefferson...heath can recruit people...he just didnt want another jefferson leavin for the nba...as for Mike Conley..he was never goin here..and he's locked in on Wake now..

now that's an objective answer... thank you
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

The_Bionic_Pig

Ramar Smith represented himself quite well and would love to have him here....as Did Micheal Washington who can be quite  dominant at times...less not forget Sonny Weems who suddenly being persued by everybody.  Marcus Lawrence is the best PG on the West Coast and he has a strong interest in us also.....06' presents so, so many options that I bet Coach Heath continues to persue all of them and more until he runs out of scholies.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SonOfMud

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on April 27, 2005, 09:20:24 pm
Quote from: hog_fan on April 27, 2005, 07:50:46 pm
Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on April 27, 2005, 04:47:21 pm
Quote from: SonOfMud on April 27, 2005, 09:12:37 am
No surprise.

care to elaborate?

Hogs didn't make top 4.

I understood why he was saying it.... I just thought he'd maybe have something more to say than just showing no support for our program's ability to recruit

No support for our program's abilitry to recruit?  Not what the comment was about.  Some people are so up tight.  If you had been following Oden's and Mike Conley's recruiting, you know that they were never that high on the Hogs.  Conley has said that it was Wake for a while, I think he is just keeping the Hogs on his list for his old man's sake.  If the Real Deal on the Hill didn't change any minds, don't think anything else will either.  Conley basically said that the only way another school could jump ahead of Wake is if a coach was at every one of his games, like Wake has been doing.  So yeah.  Like I said, no surprise.  Oden has never mentioned Arkansas as a real possibility. 

Now the Memphis kids, hope some of those can be snagged.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

imtad16

everyone is forgetting that Greg Oden might have to attend college. The NBA age limit is really really looking like it is going to pass.

tophawg19

maybe we could move a few more players ala r sullivan .to get more scholarships .06 is looking good
we have strong chances at a number of ggod players and the list seems to keep growing .

SonOfMud

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 28, 2005, 09:40:18 am
we have strong chances at a number of ggod players and the list seems to keep growing .

Is this the same as god-like players?

sage_dragoon

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 28, 2005, 09:40:18 am
maybe we could move a few more players ala r sullivan .to get more scholarships .06 is looking good

Who would you drop to make room for more 06' recruits? We will have 4 schollies for 06' recruits as of right now, 5 if Ronnie bolts for NBA(unlikely due to his comments)
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

tophawg19

according to recruiting reports they may be compared to what we have had they just might be .
Our N.C team is out there just waiting to be had . :D :D :D

Fletch

It's obvious there are a lot of great recruits considering Arkansas. I would be careful about locking in on the Memphis kids at the expense of some of the others mentioned above b/c Calipari hasn't opened up the checkbook yet. They may all like UA better but find it hard to ignore cold hard cash. :D
I feel like $100

tophawg19

truth is sage i wouldn't drop anyone that signed even d.j .i hated it when sullivan left when a kid signs with us i pull for him till the end except in a few cases like j.j sullinger and the other 1 ican't think of his name .went to arizona. i try to pull for them even after school nfl, nba etc.

sage_dragoon

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 28, 2005, 01:13:48 pm
truth is sage i wouldn't drop anyone that signed even d.j .i hated it when sullivan left when a kid signs with us i pull for him till the end except in a few cases like j.j sullinger and the other 1 ican't think of his name .went to arizona. i try to pull for them even after school nfl, nba etc.

my point was, that if we were to gain another schollie at the end of next year, then it would have to come at the expense of losing a current sophmore, frosh or incoming recruit. Jefferson, Modica and Ferguson will be gone by then and of course Sullivan is already gone. So there are our 4 schollies. I just dont think there is any 'dead weight' in the sophomore/freshmen classes and of course we dont know about the incoming recruits yet.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

tophawg19

olu needs to step but i wouldn't quit on him i don't know if it's him or the staff not helping him .

The_Bionic_Pig

Who would you drop to make room for more 06' recruits? We will have 4 schollies for 06' recruits as of right now, 5 if Ronnie bolts for NBA(unlikely due to his comments)

Add one more, You are forgetting that Preston Cranford is currently utilizing one of the scholies
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

sage_dragoon

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 28, 2005, 02:17:52 pm

Add one more, You are forgetting that Preston Cranford is currently utilizing one of the scholies

actually, i believe Cranford's schollie was going to McBride, but then Rahard quit, so now he gets another year paid for by using Sullivan's schollie. correct me if i'm wrong.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

akp4105

in order for us to get the scholarship used by sullivan, he must stick around and stay in school otherwise..thats wasted..

sage_dragoon

Quote from: akp4105 on April 28, 2005, 03:07:43 pm
in order for us to get the scholarship used by sullivan, he must stick around and stay in school otherwise..thats wasted..

huh?...schollies are renewed each year, since Heath already said Sullivan will not get to keep his schollie next year, we can use if to either sign another recruit for this year or can keep Cranford on schollie next year. If we didnt sign McBride and Rashard still quit, then both Cranford and Munsey couldve been on schollie next year.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

akp4105

i read it in the paper..a new ncaa rule...for us to be able to use the extra scholarship, sullivan must stay around and get his degree..

CarolinaHog1176

(copied from hoopsrivals.comHawgs in top two for Willie Kemp
The Memphis Pump N Run AAU club continues to play good basketball. Two weekends ago they won the Real Deal on the Hill and last weekend they won the Pump N Run tournament in Las Vegas. Leading the way for the Memphis club is 6-foot-2, 170-pound point guard Willie Kemp from Bolivar Central (Tenn.) High School. As expected, his recruitment has now turned up another notch with four schools visiting Kemp since his MVP performance at the Real Deal on the Hill.

now that's NO SURPRISE
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE