Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

06' Recruit has a new offer from Arkansas

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 22, 2005, 12:08:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tophawg19

how many scholarships do we have to use next year. ???
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The_Bionic_Pig

April 22, 2005, 10:09:50 am #2 Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 10:13:14 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
4 - 5 if Sullivan bounces.... By the way Weems from what I have been reading is a perfect clone of Ronnie Brewer Jr.  Size-Skill wise.  He is right there in NW Arkansas (Ft. Smith) so fans can see the product on display for themselves during basketball season ala Ronnie Brewer Jr. in High School
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tophawg19

with the players from deal on the hill still available isn't this offer early .is he that caliber of player ?
also how does a major hogfan get misplaced clear to miami .

Patch

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 22, 2005, 10:24:34 am
with the players from deal on the hill still available isn't this offer early .is he that caliber of player ?
also how does a major hogfan get misplaced clear to miami .

Don't know anything about the guy except the schools who've offered.

Arkansas
Cincinnati
Memphis
Kansas
Oklahoma State
Washington
Oklahoma

Based on this, I'd say he's probably worth the scholarship IMHO.

tophawg19

sage_dragoon

As I understand it, if Sullivan leaves the team now, we would have two schollies to give for the 05' class(Cranford's and Sullivan's), If we sign no one else for the 05' class, then we will have 5 schollies for 06' recuiting.(Cranford's, Sullivan's, Modica's, Ferguson's, Jefferson's). So if we sign two more to go along w/McGowan & McCurdy then we will only have 3 schollies for 06'...If I am missing something here, please let me know. But I think this is right.(Might even have another schollie for 06' if Ronnie bolts)
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: sage_dragoon on April 22, 2005, 11:20:26 am
As I understand it, if Sullivan leaves the team now, we would have two schollies to give for the 05' class(Cranford's and Sullivan's), If we sign no one else for the 05' class, then we will have 5 schollies for 06' recuiting.(Cranford's, Sullivan's, Modica's, Ferguson's, Jefferson's). So if we sign two more to go along w/McGowan & McCurdy then we will only have 3 schollies for 06'...If I am missing something here, please let me know. But I think this is right.(Might even have another schollie for 06' if Ronnie bolts)

Ronnie Sr. stated that his son is here for 4 yrs (Jr. is enjoying the college exsperience too much) and the only reason Cranford has his scholie is due to not having anyone to take it away from him on a year to year basis.  They plan on only signing 1 Player this late signing period.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tophawg19

how many can be used in 1 year isn't there a 3/4 or 4/3 rule still in effect .

sage_dragoon

I think the 5/4 for rule is no longer in effect
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

Jim Harris

Quote from: sage_dragoon on April 22, 2005, 11:42:30 am

when Kansas and Kentucky started running short of players before last season's recruiting period, the NCAA rescinded it.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Patch

Quote from: drakehog on April 22, 2005, 11:46:07 am

when Kansas and Kentucky started running short of players before last season's recruiting period, the NCAA rescinded it.

Wonder if they would've done anything if Anyone beside UK, KU, Duke, or UNC was running short of players. I guessing probably not.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Patch on April 22, 2005, 12:37:25 pm
Quote from: drakehog on April 22, 2005, 11:46:07 am

Wonder if they would've done anything if Anyone beside UK, KU, Duke, or UNC was running short of players. I guessing probably not.

the NCAA just laughed when Bobby Knight bitched about it when he took over at Texas Tech and was left with what James Dickey had signed, which included that guy who played for us last year (so memorable I can't even remember his name). And despite all that, Knight still won.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: drakehog on April 22, 2005, 12:44:16 pm
the NCAA just laughed when Bobby Knight bitched about it when he took over at Texas Tech and was left with what James Dickey had signed, which included that guy who played for us last year (so memorable I can't even remember his name). And despite all that, Knight still won.

that was Billyl Pharis... wonder why you couldn't remember his name? ;)
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

tophawg19

we need a really good year in 06 sounds like they are out there we just gotta get em .

Gman

If we are going to get any good ones, we need a good year and we need to keep heath.  No turmoil this season...