Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DudleyD identifys basketball recruit Ryan McBride

Started by JIHawg, April 21, 2005, 08:27:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Dudley has a story in HI pay board about McBride visiting this weekend.  Here's a link with a picture.
http://www.mpcfaculty.net/pe/pics_mbb/articles/articlemcbride.htm

Hogstradamus

Click Here

McBride has narrowed his decision to Arkansas, Kansas State and Pittsburgh. "I don't want to put words in his mouth or speak for him, but I think if he gets to Arkansas this weekend and likes it as much as he thinks he will, he will sign with them," Spiering said. "He just likes them better than the others recruiting him. He just really likes Arkansas. Coach [Ronny] Thompson has done a really good job recruiting him.

"He likes the option of going to Arkansas better than the others, and I don't think he will take any other visits."
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."  -- Lou Holtz

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games." -- Paul Bear Bryant

PennHOG

Is this guy a 2006 recruit?  I can't find any information about him in scout.com
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Fletch

I feel like $100

Patch

Looks like he has good stats. Why hasn't he been signed yet. Are his grades in question or something.

Biggus Piggus

How do you do a good job recruiting somebody over a two-week period?

Yup, we're going to go out and find an available guard in early April, and he's going to save us.

Anything's worth a try.
[CENSORED]!

Razorod

Hogs have been recruiting him for a little while, they've just turned up the heat lately. Who knows how long they've really been recruting this guy or how seriously they were recruiting him. My guess, he's a fall-back guy. Someone they've known about and been keeping tabs on, but weren't serious about until the four other guards we've been in on this spring didn't pan out for one reason or the other. Of the schools he's listing, we're his best offer.I don't see this guy having a major impact next year; but maybe that's for the best since we've got kind of a log jam of mediocre players at the 2/3 position (notice how even this guy is a tweener with some coaches talking about moving him to a three but his juco coach insisting he's a two--I wonder if that's for our benefit or he really is a two guard).
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

snag

It seems to me that Heath has identified shooters as his greatest need - rather than point guard. This Ryan McBride is supposed to be an excellent shooter. Cranford will also get a chance to be a shooter for us next year. You have to admit, we didn't really have any consistent outside shooters last year. Michael Jones began playing more of a role when Heath realized he was the best shooter on the team - and then he got hurt.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 22, 2005, 10:45:24 am
How do you do a good job recruiting somebody over a two-week period?

Yup, we're going to go out and find an available guard in early April, and he's going to save us.

Anything's worth a try.

Are you (or anyone else reading this) old enough to remember Sutton's pursuit of the elusive point guard back in the late 1970s and the signing of Mike Buckrop from a juco out in Utah or somewhere in that region? Sutton never even saw the guy play. He arrived with one of those Willie Ames hairdos and the inability to do much of anything against any of our psuedo reserve guards already here, and of course was a joke compared with the starters. I hear the sorority chicks dug him, though. He hung around with Ish Ordonez with they arrived, and I remember one day seeing a carload of DDD's treating them like newfound Hog bobbleheads.
Then, there was the next Sutton pursuit of a point guard that yielded the pot-lovin' juco Keith "Snake" Hilliard for that strange 1979-80 season. Poof, and he was gone (or would that be "puff"?)
So, this isn't the first time Arkansas fans have scratched their heads wondering why we couldn't fnd that one point guard we needed, and some serious reaches were being made by the coaching staff (and certainly Sutton, you'd say, mostly knew what he was doing).
Oh, yeah, there was also that elusive search in 1976 for the big man who could actually score, also, to put us over the top with the big three of Delph, Moncrief and Brewer, a search that yielded Ken Gehring, he formerly of NC State. There was wild comparisons with Bill Walton by some dreamers (including Delph) when it was announced he was coming. Of course, he kept a seat warmed nicely, as it turned out, sitting next to 6-10 plug Corky Corzine.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Gman

Man, this guy could make a nice addition to the Hogs.

Semper Hogelis

Nice, Going after someone  who's other favorites are K-State and Pittsburg. Basketball powerhouses.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

chewy chitlin

tophawg19

heath is at it again we need a PG he goes for a 2/3 maybe if we needed a center he might get a PG . maybe herrion thinks he can develope what we have & wants a shooter .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Fletch

I think we can still sign one more since Sullivan left, can't we? Possibly a point guard there.
I feel like $100

tophawg19

to much available next year to waste anymore now .some big time recruits are looking at ark
next year .we have to have scholarships for them .

Gman

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 24, 2005, 11:03:05 am
heath is at it again we need a PG he goes for a 2/3 maybe if we needed a center he might get a PG . maybe herrion thinks he can develope what we have & wants a shooter .
We need a shooter just as much as we need a PG.  One in the same would be very nice.

CarolinaHog1176

yea, the coaching staff is definitely inbetween a rock and a hard place... if they don't sign a zone buster then the coaching staff might not be here long enough to see this supposed "excellent" class of '06.  but if they hold that scholarship (and maintain their coaching jobs), then they could have more to offer for the class of '06.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

tophawg19

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 24, 2005, 10:18:23 pm
Mcbride commited to ark today .
You got a link to this. I'm not trying to question you but I just want to see it in writing before I go to believing it.

tophawg19

sorry pioneer . it's on a copywrited site so i don't think i can name it.

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 24, 2005, 10:47:59 pm
sorry pioneer . it's on a copywrited site so i don't think i can name it.
Ok, that's understandable, I was just wanting to read about it. Which one of the recruiting sites was it on?

Hogstradamus

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."  -- Lou Holtz

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games." -- Paul Bear Bryant

Jim Harris

Quote from: chewy chitlin on April 24, 2005, 10:45:30 am
Snake was a good guy, he made every party.. ;D

he was a good guy. I partied with him. If he had been as good as Ron Brewer, he wouldn't have been run off.

tophawg19

thanks Imhogginit i wasn't sure how that worked .

Hogstradamus

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

akp4105

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 23, 2005, 06:30:43 pm
Nice, Going after someone who's other favorites are K-State and Pittsburg. Basketball powerhouses.

pitt is pretty good..especially of the last 3 or 4 years...kstate is just in the big 12 and has no chance with teams like osu, and kansas but they did take hart from lr central away from us and a couple other schools when we got jj...this kid will come in and be a good reserve come SEC play..he's a proven shooter and plays to the rim also...he wont start..atleast not alot of games unless mccurdy cant come in and contribute and brewer has to play the one spot...

Pragmatic PiG

This fluff piece not doing much for me

According to the author the hogs lost one senior off the team, Matt Jones who was drafted by the jags the author adds. Then goes on to say that the kid is all up on his nba chances, hanging with the son (ronnie) of ex-nba player Jim Brewer

My favorite part is where the writer says that McBride scrimmaged with the team for 90 minutes and left the floor as the best prospect on the floor. Please don't let this be true   :o

"Pittsburgh didn't show as much interest" = SH at desperation level 9 and climbing

akp4105

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on April 26, 2005, 08:29:11 pm
This fluff piece not doing much for me

According to the author the hogs lost one senior off the team, Matt Jones who was drafted by the jags the author adds. Then goes on to say that the kid is all up on his nba chances, hanging with the son (ronnie) of ex-nba player Jim Brewer

My favorite part is where the writer says that McBride scrimmaged with the team for 90 minutes and left the floor as the best prospect on the floor. Please don't let this be true :o

"Pittsburgh didn't show as much interest" = SH at desperation level 9 and climbing

I hope he was the best prospect on the floor..by prospect that means prospective player..we already have our players..i'm sure there were a few more prospects tryin out and stuff..if he isnt the best we signed the wrong guy..until ive seen this guy play, along with all of you..we dont know how good he is..

Hogstradamus

The_Bionic_Pig

"I don't know why, but I thought it would be ghetto or something," McBride said. "It wasn't, it was beautiful and green. I really had no idea Arkansas was that nice"  ~ McBride 

The Real Deal on the Hill should ultimately illuminate that thought process among the nations elite due to the amount of top Juniors & Sophomores who will attend this past few weeks.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

sage_dragoon

I don't know about 'illuminating' that thought, but i do hope the tourney eliminates it... :)

Gotta 'rib ya' sometimes
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

tophawg19

why can't we do a video tape of the town,school,facilities & let a few players talk about life on the hill & what it's like to play for ARK.,life in general as a razorback and mail it out to each prospect .
that way they would have more of an idea what to expect when they get here .

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: sage_dragoon on April 27, 2005, 08:28:00 am
I don't know about 'illuminating' that thought, but i do hope the tourney eliminates it... :)

Gotta 'rib ya' sometimes

Man did I just type illuminate... ???  I think I just had a
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogstradamus

tophawg19

what do you make of davis and where would he fit in the picture .we have 5  guys over 6foot 9 inches now .with townes , hill ,hunter ,thomas &and big Mc coming in is davis a good fit .considering our need for guards .