Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallett Weighing Future Possibilities

Started by Hogstradamus, April 19, 2005, 06:46:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogstradamus

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."  -- Lou Holtz

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games." -- Paul Bear Bryant

pioneerhog

It sounds like if we get Mustain this year he will go else where, but if we don't get a top notch QB then he might very well be comeing to play for the Hogs.

The_Bionic_Pig

so it won't matter come the 2006 recruiting season.  Unless he signs with the before mentioned Stephen F. Austin all the schools that he has listed will already have a freshmen sensation by the time he is in the spotlight. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SonOfMud

Every top team in the nation has top talent at the QB position.  Michigan, Texas, etc.  And they are all recruiting high QB candidates.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

Brewerfan10

Until our offense scheme changes some, I just don't see these top-notch QB's coming in and wanting to play for us, especially out-of-staters.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on April 19, 2005, 02:13:12 pm
Until our offense scheme changes some, I just don't see these top-notch QB's coming in and wanting to play for us, especially out-of-staters.

He just attends school in Texarkana, TX but was born & raised in NW Arkansas and presently resides in Arkansas.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tophawg19

unless he is unwilling to compete ark. would be a good choice .he redshirts mustain leaves after his
JR.year he would still have 3 years as possible starter assuming he couldn't beat out mitch to start
lot of speculation there but that's what MICH. is using .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

VT HOG

Why can't we have them both? I wish they were more spread out in years so they could both get their years as the starting QB.

The_Bionic_Pig

April 19, 2005, 05:23:05 pm #8 Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 10:17:13 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: VT HOG on April 19, 2005, 04:23:12 pm
Why can't we have them both? I wish they were more spread out in years so they could both get their years as the starting QB.

I think when all is said and done Arkansas gets them both....If he looks toward Texas Mack Brown will have a assembly line of QB's say if they get Strafford & or Snead both will be top 10QB's when the rankings are released.  Oklahoma, Tennessee, LSU etc.... all are stockpiled on Prima Donna QB's as will Michigan after this recruiting season.  My point being he can either go to a less profile program or get redshirted at Arkansas, Texas & Michigan.   Thus my theory that he will ultimatly decide to attend his personal fav. to begin with.  :)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tophawg19

makes sense to me lets just hoe it does to him to .A lot will depend on where the hogs offense
is at .more of a pass style offense will draw more of the kind of players .kind of a trickle down effect .good QB'S bring good recievers etc.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins