Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kenny Wooten is back on the Market

Started by Van Boarisson, April 11, 2017, 11:45:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Boarisson

And we have offered. PF and former Arizona St commit.

hogwood

Interesting. We could definitely use him. But I feel pretty good about getting a PG and I think the staff does too. I wonder if the staff is anticipating a departure or if they are just covering the bases if they can't get their PG.

navyhog24

Quote from: hogwood on April 12, 2017, 04:44:45 am
Interesting. We could definitely use him. But I feel pretty good about getting a PG and I think the staff does too. I wonder if the staff is anticipating a departure or if they are just covering the bases if they can't get their PG.

I think it's covering their rearends while also getting the best available

The_Iceman

http://247sports.com/player/kenny-wooten-46036498

Looks like Mike is targeting a PF and a PG. Must not be happy with Thomas and Cook, and Beard.

HoopS

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 12, 2017, 06:41:22 am

Looks like Mike is targeting a PF and a PG. Must not be happy with Thomas and Cook, and Beard.
that doesn't mean that. All 3 of those guys are seniors.

azhog10

Lol that's dumb.

navyhog24

Quote from: HoopS on April 12, 2017, 07:18:41 am
that doesn't mean that. All 3 of those guys are seniors.

Thank goodness

hogwood

Perhaps you mean unsatisfied. He's probably happy with what they've been able to contribute, but knows he needs more. Which basically everyone on this board recognizes.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogwood on April 12, 2017, 08:28:41 am
Perhaps you mean unsatisfied. He's probably happy with what they've been able to contribute, but knows he needs more. Which basically everyone on this board recognizes.

Congrats on the moderator status.

Hawg Red

Wooten is a kid that was offered back in the early period (I think, but he was definitely offered in the later part of 2016), so I think it's just a case of the coaches really liked him rather than a direct reflection on either of the senior PFs.

HoopS

Quote from: azhog10 on April 12, 2017, 08:21:21 am
Lol that's dumb.
I just read and shake my head. Constant BS posted by some.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 12, 2017, 08:31:47 am
Wooten is a kid that was offered back in the early period (I think, but he was definitely offered in the later part of 2016), so I think it's just a case of the coaches really liked him rather than a direct reflection on either of the senior PFs.
We've also seen sometimes what's "reported" isn't really what's happening. It was reported Crawford was being pursued by Arkansas and turns out we have yet to contact him. So who knows.

The_Iceman

Quote from: HoopS on April 12, 2017, 09:26:57 am
I just read and shake my head. Constant BS posted by some.

We have 4 PFs on the roster  (2 seniors, 2 sophomores), and two coming in the 2018 class. Why else would he be recruiting a PF for this class?

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 12, 2017, 10:29:41 am
We have 4 PFs on the roster  (2 seniors, 2 sophomores), and two coming in the 2018 class. Why else would he be recruiting a PF for this class?
The same reason why most are expecting Brachen to transfer. Also because we use 4's to play the 4 and 5 depending. We also use 3's to play the 4. Bailey is a guy that could see time at the three if certain aspects of his game improve. Brachen could also play some three as he is able to step out and shoot it. Kenny plays a lot with his back to the basket and is very athletic for his size. He could very much end up playing a lot at the 5 if he's able to put on a little weight.

hogwood

ArkansasI

Quote from: tncbg on April 12, 2017, 01:05:48 pm
Mike doesn't focus on positions, its more about the player.  He likes long, athletic guys who can run and doesn't really care whether he's got a true 5 position guy. He would rather have a 6'7 or 6'8 slasher than a 6'10 wide body who is too slow to keep up.
I'm not sure I agree with this. Nolan's best teams had wide bodies:  Miller, Stewart, Robinson, Wilson, Credit...  These were big men.

Mike's best teams at Arkansas have had big fellas - Portia, Kingsley...

I'd love to see the Hogs find a true 5, or even a couple three of 'em.

Tusks

Don't you guys know, just like 50 is the new 40...Lebron has made the 5 the new 4.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit