Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Props to Hannahs

Started by jjdlc, March 10, 2016, 02:17:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jjdlc

He did everything in his power to get a win.  He deserved a better effort from the rest of the team.

hogwood

Definitely feel like the rest of the team did not have energy. Good thing DH will be back next year.

lc480

Give me 2 or 3 more old slow boys like Dusty and I think we would be pretty good. Beard needs to know when to give the ball up.

BRHogfan

I think Kingsley was working very hard, but had a pretty tough game, still got a double-double.  Just because Hannahs is the only one that scored in bunches, doesn't mean the rest of the team didn't have enough effort. 

Hannahs played really well though, but he was also only 25% from range while the rest of the team was 0%

Breems

So glad Dusty is back next year. Backcourt should be stacked.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

poloprince

Played his tail off, but I disagree with the last sentence of your statement.
$PoLoPrInCe$

ricepig

Quote from: poloprince on March 10, 2016, 02:22:37 pm

He didn't deserve a better effort?

The rest of the team scored 28 points.

HOGINTENNESSEE

lc480

Dusty knows how to score, even if he is limited by his speed. Larry Bird was not a speed burner, but he sure could score.

-Blu

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 10, 2016, 02:24:24 pm
Glad he is back

Hannahs was the man tonight.  Everyone else looked like the pressure got to them.  Egbuno put the Nate Diaz treatment on Kingsley today with one hand.

Hawg Red

Dusty went down swinging. Rest of the team didn't seem to have much fight or much ability to fight. We're a tired team right now, I think.

Dropkick

Poor Dusty could still be playing if he had picked a better place to transfer to.

010HogFan

What is there to disagree with?

lc480

I would have taken 4 years of Dusty over 4 years of Allen anytime if I had to pick one .

PonderinHog

Quote from: lc480 on March 10, 2016, 02:24:47 pm
Dusty knows how to score, even if he is limited by his speed. Larry Bird was not a speed burner, but he sure could score.
I wish Dusty was 6'9".

lc480

If he was he would be a beast!

Hou-Hog

I just wish that Beard would recognize that Dusty is a better shooter and willingly give him the ball.

He really had a terrible sophomore campaign.

Danny J

Hannahs and kingsley are ultimate competitors....guys that will fight and scratch and claw....type of guys it tears up on the inside when they lose. We need more mentalities like that on this team. I have no idea what kind of mentality the newcomers will have. I hope they have the same mental toughness.

Danny J

Quote from: Hou-Hog on March 10, 2016, 02:31:18 pm
I just wish that Beard would recognize that Dusty is a better shooter and willingly give him the ball.

He really had a terrible sophomore campaign.
He took quite a bit of threes for the amount of minutes played. I bet he shot around 27% or so without looking up the stats. That is all on CMA. You can't let a guy who has missed his last 15 three point shots to keep shooting.

lc480

root_hawg

Thanks for giving your all Dusty

poloprince

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 10, 2016, 02:27:16 pm
What is there to disagree with?

I recall quite a few games his effort wasn't quite up to par. Other guys just didn't have it today, but I didn't see a lack of effort.
$PoLoPrInCe$

poloprince

Quote from: Danny J on March 10, 2016, 02:34:26 pm
He took quite a bit of threes for the amount of minutes played. I bet he shot around 27% or so without looking up the stats. That is all on CMA. You can't let a guy who has missed his last 15 three point shots to keep shooting.

Who else would you rather have shoot on that 2nd unit?
$PoLoPrInCe$

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: poloprince on March 10, 2016, 02:37:44 pm
Who else would you rather have shoot on that 2nd unit?

Someone with a reliable ability to make a jump shot. That's development.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hoglady

I'm irritated at the team right now for not working to make sure Hannahs touched the ball every possession in the couple of minutes. There were a couple of possessions where shots were taken without the ball ever being passed to him. Very, very poor execution of working the ball to the only guy who could hit anything today.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

poloprince

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 10, 2016, 02:39:17 pm
Someone with a reliable ability to make a jump shot. That's development.

Again out of Beard, Manny, Whitt, Trey, Kouassi who would you prefer? The missed time definitely did not help his development, but he will be better in my estimation next season.
$PoLoPrInCe$

lc480

He make a lot of bad plays at worse possible time. We bigger guards that can shoot better outside and can also finish at the rim.

PonderinHog

Quote from: lc480 on March 10, 2016, 02:41:45 pm
He make a lot of bad plays at worse possible time. We bigger guards that can shoot better outside and can also finish at the rim.
And a 4!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: poloprince on March 10, 2016, 02:40:46 pm
Again out of Beard, Manny, Whitt, Trey, Kouassi who would you prefer?

After 32 games, and 5.5 months of practice....none of them.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Again out of Beard, Manny, Whitt, Trey, Kouassi who would you prefer? The missed time definitely did not help his development, but he will be better in my estimation next season.
Not to have that lineup on the floor.

poloprince

Quote from: hoglady on March 10, 2016, 02:40:23 pm
I'm irritated at the team right now for not working to make sure Hannahs touched the ball every possession in the couple of minutes. There were a couple of possessions where shots were taken without the ball ever being passed to him. Very, very poor execution of working the ball to the only guy who could hit anything today.

He shot 23 times though....geez he can't take them all and in a 5 point game he got a 3 and didn't make it and the game was over.
$PoLoPrInCe$

poloprince

Quote from: Karma on March 10, 2016, 02:42:59 pm
Not to have that lineup on the floor.

I agree, but who else is there to play lol
$PoLoPrInCe$

pigroots

Whitt

poloprince

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 10, 2016, 02:42:42 pm
After 32 games, and 5.5 months of practice....none of them.

I concur sir, but the roster was what it was.
$PoLoPrInCe$

lc480

The problem was that he was on the floor with the first unit a lot today and he still was taking shots when he could have passed to Dusty or Bell, I think the odds were a little better with one of those two shooting rather than Beard. He not the same player as he was last year.

lynbug

Quote from: Danny J on March 10, 2016, 02:34:26 pm

Couldn't agree more.  I was gonna start a thread about Mike's recruits vs. Hannahs, but this one will suffice.  But, think about it--what this season would have been without Mike's non-recruit (Hannahs).  Makes me scared about next season.  And yeah, there is no way a player who is having an off or bad day should be allowed to continue doing the same thing.  Before someone slams me, I'm sorry, but I am very let down and tired of having the March Madness blues for about the 18-20th year in row. 

Danny J

If it were me? I would always keep Bell or Hannahs on the court. I would NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER have a lineup on the court that consists of watkins, beard, whitt, Kouassi and thompson. Our momentum was stopped over and over again this year from doing just that.

Danny J

hobhog

He is really fun to watch. If we can get the inside out thing going with he and Moses watch out.

lc480

My problem with Mike is that he only recruits a certain type of player instead of trying for the best. I think he missed big time when Dusty come out of school. If you watched him play in high school, you would have seen that he was a pure shooter. If he had played all 4 years at Arkansas, I believe he would have beaten Pat Bradleys 3 point record.

lefty08

Quote from: lc480 on March 10, 2016, 02:45:17 pm
The problem was that he was on the floor with the first unit a lot today and he still was taking shots when he could have passed to Dusty or Bell, I think the odds were a little better with one of those two shooting rather than Beard. He not the same player as he was last year.

He actually is the same what guy he was last year . He's a tough gritty player that can't shoot. He isn't a pg, nor was he last year. Most of you guys had his junk in your face so you couldn't see that. If Whitt stops being so temid, beard won't see much playing time next year
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lynbug

Quote from: Danny J on March 10, 2016, 02:49:03 pm
If it were me? I would always keep Bell or Hannahs on the court. I would NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER have a lineup on the court that consists of watkins, beard, whitt, Kouassi and thompson. Our momentum was stopped over and over again this year from doing just that.

But you would think that the coach, after watching what happened, would try something different.

jdlew

Glad Dusty Hannahs recruited Arkansas...

lefty08

Yep, why sub at all. Those guys don't need rest and we don't need a bench. What is Mike thinking?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Atlhogfan1

Had he gotten help from Bell, Hogs could have won.  Feel bad for Bell ending his career(likely)that way.  2-10 from the field and 0-3 from 3.

Dusty carried us offensively.  He only went 2-8 from 3 though.  Horrible shooting game as a team but Fl D deserves credit. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

phadedhawg

Hated to see Hannahs lose after carrying the team.  Glad he's coming back next year!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2016, 03:05:41 pm
Had he gotten help from Bell ANYONE with a Razorback jersey on, Hogs could have won.  Feel bad for Bell ending his career(likely)that way.  2-10 from the field and 0-3 from 3.

Dusty carried us offensively.  He only went 2-8 from 3 though.  Horrible shooting game as a team but Fl D deserves credit. 

Sorry, had to toss that in there. Aside from subpar defense, finding a 4th scoring option has been a major issue all season. Development, development, development.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 10, 2016, 03:09:52 pm
Sorry, had to toss that in there. Aside from subpar defense, finding a 4th scoring option has been a major issue all season. Development, development, development.

True. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hoglady

Quote from: poloprince on March 10, 2016, 02:43:35 pm
He shot 23 times though....geez he can't take them all and in a 5 point game he got a 3 and didn't make it and the game was over.

I'm not talking about earlier in the game - I understand he took a lot of shots, I'm talking about right after that timeout where the announcers said Mike told them to rebound. Florida was reeling and Hannahs was on fire - I think 2 straight times down the floor he never touched the ball. If we could have done something right there, Florida would have really been feeling the pressure.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality