Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heath Lovers

Started by hogfan064, February 06, 2006, 09:56:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan064

Dennis Felton took over UGA in just as much of a mess as Heath did. 

Year 2 with Felton is equal to year 4 with Heath

Bruce Pearl took over a UT program that has underachieved

Year 1 with Pearl much better than any year with Heath

The only coach in the SEC that has done a worse job than Heath is Jeff Lebo at Auburn.  Who honestly would any of you rank lower than Heath other than Lebo?

pfrg999

I Know Heath is Evil... No heath is not a Very good coach... Great Recruiter..... Hey we one.. and Modica... was on in the 2nd half usually he dissappears... Townes got 6 boards... Thomas looked good... Ronnie couldn't score but did the other things.... we had a 2nd half collapse... but not totally... We actually showed some Fire... never did let it below 10... Modica with 37 c'mon who say that comming...That is the Modica we remember... not the 14 in the first half and 0 in the 2nd half.... all in all a good win...If that is the teams that shows up against LSU we have a chance... if not 4-5 instead of 5-4
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hogfan064

Yes, great win Saturday, but without Renaldo Balkman playing what did you expect.  I don't think we'll beat LSU in Baton Rouge, but we'll beat Auburn Saturday.  Next week in Oxford will tell us if we're a tourney team. 

hog caller

is that a win one lose one feeling .is so we might stagger into the nit.

12under

heath sucks, nutt sucks, everyone sucks, blah blah blah.  lets elect dennis felton president

Mike Tencleve

First Tenn. had a shitttttttttttttttttttttte load more talent then Arkansas did when Pearl took over as did UG. It's easy to take shots at Heath and Arkansas when they sux. Hell let's not forget that Coach K had a Losing record at Duke after three and half years. I think that turned out ok for Duke.... don't you? My point is that to truly judge Heath he has to get his players in, and yes sooner would be nice. I think if they don't take another step forward next year then it may be time to go in another direction. I do think that they are better this year but just not were we all want them to be.

dukefan

Quote from: mi-ky on February 06, 2006, 10:51:02 am
First Tenn. had a shitttttttttttttttttttttte load more talent then Arkansas did when Pearl took over as did UG. It's easy to take shots at Heath and Arkansas when they sux. Hell let's not forget that Coach K had a Losing record at Duke after three and half years. I think that turned out ok for Duke.... don't you? My point is that to truly judge Heath he has to get his players in, and yes sooner would be nice. I think if they don't take another step forward next year then it may be time to go in another direction. I do think that they are better this year but just not were we all want them to be.
EXACTLY!!!, but MI-KY some people are not happy unless they can bash the COACH!!!!!!

yocdaddy

Well said.  I think that you can only look at last season and this season as a fair assessment of Coach Heath.  He is going forward and he is very young as D-1 coaches go.  
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

silvertip

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2006, 09:56:59 am
Dennis Felton took over UGA in just as much of a mess as Heath did. 

Year 2 with Felton is equal to year 4 with Heath

Bruce Pearl took over a UT program that has underachieved

Year 1 with Pearl much better than any year with Heath

The only coach in the SEC that has done a worse job than Heath is Jeff Lebo at Auburn.  Who honestly would any of you rank lower than Heath other than Lebo?

I'm not aware of how much talent Pearl inherited at UT. I do know that he got CJ Watson, an eighth-year SR who is one of the best PGs in the SEC. I bet there were a couple of other starters left over as well.

hogfan064

Please name 2 coaches in the SEC who have done worse at their programs than Heath.  That's all I'm asking.

You can argue Pearl had talent, but UGA did not.  They played with many walkons last year and are doing just as well as the Hogs this year

Deuce Pigelow

Heat has HIS players now!!!!! The only remaining player recruited by Nolan is Modica. Heath is not getting it done!!! How long are we gonna keep making excuses for him. "he don't have his players" then it was "he don't have any big men" then it was "he don't have a point guard" then it was "we are young". When are we going to realize that he is not getting it done. If we we just coming up a little short it would be one thing, but we a blowing double digit leads in every game. There is no excuse for the games we have lost this year, other than we are not a well-coached team. It is that simple!!!!!!!!

12under

Quote from: hogcrazynut69 on February 06, 2006, 11:13:55 am
Heat has HIS players now!!!!! The only remaining player recruited by Nolan is Modica. Heath is not getting it done!!! How long are we gonna keep making excuses for him. "he don't have his players" then it was "he don't have any big men" then it was "he don't have a point guard" then it was "we are young". When are we going to realize that he is not getting it done. If we we just coming up a little short it would be one thing, but we a blowing double digit leads in every game. There is no excuse for the games we have lost this year, other than we are not a well-coached team. It is that simple!!!!!!!!

how about we miss free throws, we turn the ball over, we make bad decisions on fast breaks sometimes.  how about players dont execute plays when they need to.  how about stepping up and making plays.  cant ALL be blamed on the coach or the players.  that is why it is called a TEAM game

jdhoover

Who says we are not getting it done this year.  We are .500 in the SEC, playing better now than we have all year (except for 1 half at Kentucky), and we have at least 6 games we could / should  win.  That would be 10-6 in the SEC. 

Let us have this year filled out.  You guys drive me crazy going nuts over how bad a 15-6 team is.

Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

Deuce Pigelow

It is the coaches responsiblity to make sure they know what to do on the floor. If they are not doing what the coach says put someone else in.

Mike Tencleve

Quote from: hogcrazynut69 on February 06, 2006, 11:13:55 am

First Heath don't have his players, Ferg was a fill in just to get players late. Second this bad coach that your talking about blowing leads is the same damn bad coach getting us the lead in the first place. No wait Gus gets the credit for the BB team doing well but when we lose the lead it's Heath fault. Good logic!!

Deuce Pigelow

I get tired of hearing we could have/should have won. Bottom line is we didn't. And that falls directly on the coach

Deuce Pigelow

A good coach would get his team to finish off the team instead of blowing 18 point leads

12under

Quote from: hogcrazynut69 on February 06, 2006, 11:24:51 am
It is the coaches responsiblity to make sure they know what to do on the floor. If they are not doing what the coach says put someone else in.
absolutely, and it is the players' responsiblility to do what the coached tell them to do on the floor.  that doesnt always happen.  it is a TEAM game and you win and lose as a TEAM

Deuce Pigelow

Who rectuited these players if it wasn't Heath?????

Mike Tencleve

Your so correct, hell maybe we need to hire you! Oh and that other team (like UK) they don't have any pride or they were playing well and making shots early when Arkansas took that big lead. Damn Tubby can't coach early in games.

hogfan064

Still noone has answered the question of this thread.  Who in the SEC other than Jeff Lebo has accomplished less with his team than Stan Heath? Bruce Pearl hasn't even coached a full season yet and he's done more than Heath. 

jdhoover

So I guess OK coach should be fired for blowing that lead to Kansas yesteday.  What about Duke's coach for going to overtime against FSU.

ALL COACHES SHOULD BE FIRED!  This is what I am hearing with that logic.
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

12under

Quote from: hogcrazynut69 on February 06, 2006, 11:26:10 am
I get tired of hearing we could have/should have won. Bottom line is we didn't. And that falls directly on the coach
why even have players then.  just let stan play 1 on 5

pfrg999

Quote from: dukefan on February 06, 2006, 10:55:02 am
EXACTLY!!!, but MI-KY some people are not happy unless they can bash the COACH!!!!!!

That Duke Coach Sux.... Never proven Himself.... ;D  (don't kill me Dukefan)
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Mike Tencleve

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2006, 11:29:34 am
Still noone has answered the question of this thread.  Who in the SEC other than Jeff Lebo has accomplished less with his team than Stan Heath? Bruce Pearl hasn't even coached a full season yet and he's done more than Heath. 
At the midway point of Pearls first year, you want to compare the two??? don't get that dude.

Mike Tencleve

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 06, 2006, 11:38:34 am
Quote from: dukefan on February 06, 2006, 10:55:02 am

That Duke Coach Sux.... Never proven Himself.... ;D  (don't kill me Dukefan)

good one!!

pfrg999

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2006, 11:29:34 am

And Had more talent.... Lebo has a worse record... Heath is not Great but... C'mon... OK Heath is his own worst enemy... But we will see in the LSU game... That is the Test....

hogfan064

Pearl has already won more SEC games in 1 year than Heath has in any of his 3 seasons.  I'm not comparing the 2, but I am saying Heath is at best the 10th best coach in the SEC(maybe over Barnes) Arkansas should have a top 4 coach at least.  Other than UK and now Florida noone comes close to us with fan support, tradition and facilities.

Biggus Piggus

First Tenn. had a shitttttttttttttttttttttte load more talent then Arkansas did when Pearl took over as did UG.

Tennessee had a lot of talent?  That's why they were picked to be in the basement of the league, right?  That's why they had a losing season last year, right?  Tennessee has an excellent coach and NO new players.

How many years are you going to give Heath to get his players in?  They're all his players now.  Every stinkin one of 'em.  He deleted the ones he didn't want from Nolan's last class, so don't throw Modica (he of 37 points) at me.  ALL HIS PLAYERS.  Last year too, save Mike Jones.  Sheesh.

Comparing Heath to Coach K is too darned funny.  In that difficult third season (Coach K has never had any season as lousy as Heath's first two), Duke was starting freshmen in a tough ACC.  A long, long time ago.  Those freshmen progressed in light speed, and they made up the first great Duke team of the Krzyzewski era.

Heath's learning curve is a wee bit steeper, in case you missed it.  That's why Mike DeCourcy said Arkansas would be undefeated with Tubby Smith as coach.
[CENSORED]!

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 06, 2006, 11:41:08 am
[But we will see in the LSU game... That is the Test....

This is the kind of quote that I get tired of hearing.  After each new loss there is always next week, until the season is over and we turn down our second NIT bid.  What about the MSU game, wasn't that a test of sorts?  Can we beat a horrible team on the road? What about the Alabama game?  Can we hold onto a lead and close out an SEC road game? What about the Kentucky game, Can we hold onto a BIG lead and close out an SEC road game?  These games were all tests too, ones that we failed.  And what about the first LSU game, I would think that we would have had a much better chance of beating them at home considering our utter inability to win conference road games.  So if this weeks game at LSU is the Test, or some kind of indicator of where the team is at, then what were these other games?  And what will the quote be Thursday morning? "Auburn is the test, a pivotal game where the hogs turn the corner, blah blah blah."

hogfan064

Until Heath wins a big game then you can't help us Heath Haters to be down on the program.  He has not won 1 big game in 4 years.  His biggest win is over Kansas.  And he has several bad losses, MSU this year and many others in the past

JustoHogFan

HEATH WIN A BIG GAME, GO ON A 8 GAME WIN STREAK, DO SOMETHING GOOD AS A HEAD COACH AND YOU WILL BE RESPECTED AS A HEAD COACH. UNTIL THEN YOU WILL ALWAYS BE KNOCKED ON BECAUSE YOU CANT COACH.
:puke: HEATH         

GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2006, 11:07:49 am
Please name 2 coaches in the SEC who have done worse at their programs than Heath.  That's all I'm asking.

You can argue Pearl had talent, but UGA did not.  They played with many walkons last year and are doing just as well as the Hogs this year

coaches who have fared worse then Heath

Lebo
Barnes
Odom

and heck if you talk to LSU fans they would mention Brady...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfan064

How do you figure Odom has done worse than Heath?  Odom is in his 5th year at USC.  Since being in Columbia Odom has had 3 seasons of 20 or more wins, a NCAA tourney bid, a NIT final 4 and a NIT Championship. 

mojobeaux

couldn't you just look at the standings and say that any coach who's team has a worse record than ours has done a worse job than Heath?

hogfan064

And Rod Barnes was 2001 National coach of the year.  Barnes has won more games in 7 years at Ole Miss than any Rebel coach has in his first 7 years.  Look at Heath's fan support and facilities and compare that to what Barnes has. 

mojobeaux

Based on the current SEC standings....  if all that matters is wins and losses, and no one gets to use any excuses......   then Stan Heath must be a better coach than the coaches at the following programs:

Georgia, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Auburn

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 06, 2006, 02:14:26 pm
and heck if you talk to LSU fans they would mention Brady...

Anyone that [CENSORED] about being 7-1 in the SEC is an idiot.

dukefan

Quote from: hogcrazynut69 on February 06, 2006, 11:26:10 am
If you want to use that logic, then did you give him all the credit when they win.  Bottom line is Coaches get to much blame when they lose, and to much credit when they win.

hogfan064

Dukefan, I don't think anyone is not giving him credit when he wins.  The problem is that he isn't winning big games.  I'll give him all the credit in the world for beating Auburn and Ole Miss, but I'd love to see him beat someone decent.  Beating USC without Renaldo Balkman isn't going to win over any fans.  The man has to win a big game.  This is Arkansas Basketball, it's the bigtime. If you can't beat a bad MSU team or win any big games you're in trouble.

dukefan

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2006, 03:01:44 pm
Dukefan, I don't think anyone is not giving him credit when he wins.  The problem is that he isn't winning big games.  I'll give him all the credit in the world for beating Auburn and Ole Miss, but I'd love to see him beat someone decent.  Beating USC without Renaldo Balkman isn't going to win over any fans.  The man has to win a big game.  This is Arkansas Basketball, it's the bigtime. If you can't beat a bad MSU team or win any big games you're in trouble.
That right there is the problem!  Arkansas Basketball is not BIG TIME right now it was in the 90's, but it is not now.  The program was so torn down it would take Heath at least 5 years to be a consistent top 25 team!
I think we are on the verge of a consistent top 25 team!

hogfan064

I think when you have 18,000 in the stand for a game against a 11-10 team that's bigtime.  Ronnie Brewer is about as bigtime as it gets in college basketball.  Yes, our program was left with lots of problems, but how long are we going to wait.  Are we just going to become another UNLV?

Mike Tencleve

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2006, 03:12:09 pm
I think when you have 18,000 in the stand for a game against a 11-10 team that's bigtime.  Ronnie Brewer is about as bigtime as it gets in college basketball.  Yes, our program was left with lots of problems, but how long are we going to wait.  Are we just going to become another UNLV?
NO 18,000 fans don't make us a big time program, it makes us great fans. We will be back but we aren't there yet.

RAZORBART

Quote from: jdhoover on February 06, 2006, 11:21:29 am
Who says we are not getting it done this year.  We are .500 in the SEC, playing better now than we have all year (except for 1 half at Kentucky), and we have at least 6 games we could / should  win.  That would be 10-6 in the SEC. 

Let us have this year filled out.  You guys drive me crazy going nuts over how bad a 15-6 team is.

I for one say we are not getting it done this year. We lost to Misstake, bummer, and kanetucky in games we had won and should have won. We were way ahead of LSU at home and let them get away with a road win.I would wager and there is no way of knowing but, I would say had Heath stayed in the locker room in all these games at half time and let his assts' take over we would have won most if not all of them. I think his assts know more about the game than he does but being a control freak much like our football coach, he will not let them do the job they were hired to do. Somehow it seems if they are not yes men then they need to keep their mouths shout.
Heath again like Nutt is in the big leagues and way over his head and the sooner everyone realizes that the sooner we can start hunting someone that can do more than talk a good game and make excuses why they are not getting the job done. Seems pretty plain to me ?

Mike Tencleve

Quote from: RAZORBART on February 06, 2006, 03:27:45 pm

I for one say we are not getting it done this year. We lost to Misstake, bummer, and kanetucky in games we had won and should have won. We were way ahead of LSU at home and let them get away with a road win.I would wager and there is no way of knowing but, I would say had Heath stayed in the locker room in all these games at half time and let his assts' take over we would have won most if not all of them. I think his assts know more about the game than he does but being a control freak much like our football coach, he will not let them do the job they were hired to do. Somehow it seems if they are not yes men then they need to keep their mouths shout.
Heath again like Nutt is in the big leagues and way over his head and the sooner everyone realizes that the sooner we can start hunting someone that can do more than talk a good game and make excuses why they are not getting the job done. Seems pretty plain to me ?
How can you make a statement like that "if Heath stays in the locker room in all these games at half time and let his assts' take over we would have won most if not all of them"??? WHAT THE F@CK. WOW dude that was a stupid statement.  What makes you an expert on what a major college knows and doesn't know and how do you really know if he is or isn't letting his asst's do their jobs.

hogfan064

With our facilities, fans, and tradition I think we are a bigtime program.  Unfortunately, under Heath we're not playing bigtime basketball. 

I was talking to Mike Morgan(USC's basketball voice) last week.  Morgan stated he is shocked by the lack of intensity that Arkansas has shown this year.  He also expected much more from this team and called them the SEC's great dissapointment so far this year.  This is coming from a respected play by play announcer who knows the SEC.  He doesn't think Heath will last much longer from the people he's spoken to.

RAZORBART

Quote from: mi-ky on February 06, 2006, 03:38:33 pm
Quote from: RAZORBART on February 06, 2006, 03:27:45 pm

How can you make a statement like that "if Heath stays in the locker room in all these games at half time and let his assts' take over we would have won most if not all of them"??? WHAT THE F@CK. WOW dude that was a stupid statement.  What makes you an expert on what a major college knows and doesn't know and how do you really know if he is or isn't letting his asst's do their jobs.

Because I go to the games and sit by the bench and watch and listen to what is going on which evidently you don't!!!!! I would like our chances letting our asst coaches take over in those games when we had a double digit lead and just see what happened. I bet you would have seen a very different outcome !!!!!!

Mike Tencleve

That's why the are asst' and not head coaches, because you think they are better and all these other colleges across the country are missing out. Damn you must be the only smart person in the country to know that our assts' are better than our head coach and yet still no one is hiring these guys. Thats odd!! Get a clue.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2006, 03:41:53 pm
With our facilities, fans, and tradition I think we are a bigtime program.  Unfortunately, under Heath we're not playing bigtime basketball. 

I was talking to Mike Morgan(USC's basketball voice) last week.  Morgan stated he is shocked by the lack of intensity that Arkansas has shown this year.  He also expected much more from this team and called them the SEC's great dissapointment so far this year.  This is coming from a respected play by play announcer who knows the SEC.  He doesn't think Heath will last much longer from the people he's spoken to.

Very interesting.
[CENSORED]!

RAZORBART

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2006, 03:12:09 pm

I agree !!!! besides Kentucky and maybe Florida who else in the SEC is out drawing us in attendance ?