Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ronnie Brewer

Started by Captain Morgan, July 23, 2017, 08:19:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Breems

They got the wrong guy, that's all.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

PonderinHog

Growing pains, Breems.  That's all this is.

Otis

Also, rumors of a former lineman being shot.

Breems

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 23, 2017, 10:00:51 am
Growing pains, Breems.  That's all this is.

We all make mistakes. I wouldn't doubt if he's taking the fall for another driver.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Otis on July 23, 2017, 11:52:30 am
Also, rumors of a former lineman being shot.

Apparently, Tretola.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

hogsanity

Funny thing about booze or illegal drugs, there is never going to be a headline about either making someone do something great, but there are always going to be things about people getting into trouble while using them.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

NWAHog479

Sucks for Ronnie as he had one in Beverley Hills in 2014 too. Good guy, just made a mistake.

AirWarren

Quote from: NWAHog479 on July 24, 2017, 08:13:31 am
Sucks for Ronnie as he had one in Beverley Hills in 2014 too. Good guy, just made a mistake.

It's time to grow up and be an adult.

3kgthog

Doing it once is a mistake. Doing it twice is something else.

hogsanity

Quote from: NWAHog479 on July 24, 2017, 08:13:31 am

So if he had killed someone while driving under the influence, would it still just have been a mistake?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rzrbkman

Quote from: Breems on July 23, 2017, 12:43:06 pm
We all make mistakes. I wouldn't doubt if he's taking the fall for another driver.

He would be a fool for accepting criminal charges for another person's guilt. He chose to drink and drive and got caught. He did not make a mistake.

PorkSoda

can these guys not afford a cab?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Tusks

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 24, 2017, 09:25:07 pm
can these guys not afford a cab?

Uber is the magic friend.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jkstock04

Quote from: tusked on July 25, 2017, 01:04:49 am
Uber is the magic friend.
When you drive $100k plus vehicles leaving them parked on Dickson overnight may not be appealing to these guys.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

AirWarren

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 25, 2017, 06:42:32 am
When you drive $100k plus vehicles leaving them parked on Dickson overnight may not be appealing to these guys.

Don't hang out in ghetto parts of town then.

NWAHog479

You'll see plenty of 100K plus vehicles parked on Dickson every single night of the week. All of the parking lots have cameras, not a valid excuse.

Tusks

Then don't drive a $100K vehicle when you're going to be really partying. 

Going to dinner and having a cocktail or sharing a bottle of wine with the table, that's one thing.  Going out to party until the bars close, another thing all together.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: AP85 on July 25, 2017, 08:23:12 am

You must be so refined to find Dickson St. ghetto...

RazorWest

Quote from: hogsanity on July 23, 2017, 04:01:58 pm
Funny thing about booze or illegal drugs, there is never going to be a headline about either making someone do something great, but there are always going to be things about people getting into trouble while using them.

Agreed, except where music is concerned.  Yeah drugs take em young, but some of them make great music on it

AirWarren

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 25, 2017, 12:11:41 pm
You must be so refined to find Dickson St. ghetto...

I find Dickson street highly overrated.

I know I know. You can't have an opinion if it's an unpopular one.

daprospecta

Ghetto in Fayetteville? Ha...Haha.....Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

jkstock04

Ghetto parts of Fayetteville? Hilarious.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: NWAHog479 on July 25, 2017, 08:38:56 am
You'll see plenty of 100K plus vehicles parked on Dickson every single night of the week. All of the parking lots have cameras, not a valid excuse.
Ya no doubt...multitudes of 100k dollar vehicles parked all over Dickson street every night overnight...no doubt/SARCASM
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: tusked on July 25, 2017, 11:51:40 am
Then don't drive a $100K vehicle when you're going to be really partying. 

Going to dinner and having a cocktail or sharing a bottle of wine with the table, that's one thing.  Going out to party until the bars close, another thing all together.
I'm just throwing out there a reason why maybe he wouldn't just uber to his house...Speculation.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

widespreadsooie

Quote from: AP85 on July 25, 2017, 01:15:28 pm

Overrated, sure. I can see it after living here for 8 years now but not as a first time visitor. Ghetto? Most definitely not.

The Boar War

No kidding.  Some drunk could run into them.

AirWarren

Quote from: daprospecta on July 25, 2017, 01:42:58 pm
Ghetto in Fayetteville? Ha...Haha.....Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

You don't have to be full of blacks to be ghetto. I've seen plenty of white trash that equates as ghetto.

The house where my buddies rented while in college. Straight ghetto looking place. But hey, it's in Fayetteville. Keep it hip and "funky". Funky just looks old and ghetto to me.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: AP85 on July 25, 2017, 04:23:21 pm
You don't have to be full of blacks to be ghetto. I've seen plenty of white trash that equates as ghetto.

The house where my buddies rented while in college. Straight ghetto looking place. But hey, it's in Fayetteville. Keep it hip and "funky". Funky just looks old and ghetto to me.

There are absolutely some ghetto type places in Fayetteville. Used to work there delivering rent to own stuff. The neighborhoods aren't huge but there were places we didn't go without carrying heat.

thebignasty

A couple of places in Fayetteville are a little rough.  Walker park after dark can get weird.  There's a govt housing unit  by the confederate cemetery and another on Mitchell st just west of the stadium and north of mlk. Both of those are a bit rough.  Betty Jo is also, a bit.

None of those places are really dangerous though, and not near Dickson.

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

widespreadsooie

Quote from: AP85 on July 25, 2017, 04:23:21 pm

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ghetto

"    1
    :  a quarter of a city in which Jews were formerly required to live

:  a quarter of a city in which members of a minority group live especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure

a :  an isolated group a geriatric ghettob :  a situation that resembles a ghetto especially in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunity the pink-collar ghetto"

NWAHog479

Quote from: thebignasty on July 25, 2017, 07:41:16 pm
A couple of places in Fayetteville are a little rough.  Walker park after dark can get weird.  There's a govt housing unit  by the confederate cemetery and another on Mitchell st just west of the stadium and north of mlk. Both of those are a bit rough.  Betty Jo is also, a bit.

None of those places are really dangerous though, and not near Dickson.

You couldn't pay me enough money to walk from one end of Betty Jo to the other at night... Multiple shootings/robberies at the EZ nearby recently and majority of that trouble is coming from Betty Jo.

thebignasty

Quote from: NWAHog479 on July 26, 2017, 11:35:24 am
You couldn't pay me enough money to walk from one end of Betty Jo to the other at night... Multiple shootings/robberies at the EZ nearby recently and majority of that trouble is coming from Betty Jo.

Do you mean the citgo with a McDonald's across the street?  I'm not aware of any shootings.  Probably have been some robberies.  I would walk down betty jo at night. I've seen 10x worse.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

widespreadsooie

I've seen way way worse than Betty Jo

oldfart

Had Bette Jo in high school..............

yraciv

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 26, 2017, 12:43:14 pm
I've seen way way worse than Betty Jo

Ha seriously! Are there questionable places in Fayetteville, sure, but in retrospect it is nothing compared to other larger/urban areas.  Spend a late night in parts of Detroit or Chicago, and you'll never refer to Dickson as ghetto again. 

Dickson is what it is, a stretch of happening bars in a college town. The crowd gets younger, more questionable in some parts, the later the night goes as the drinks flow. Unless you are looking for trouble though and/or have been overserved it won't likely find you. That isn't necessarily the case in non college towns or some bigger cities. Hell a Little Rock bar just had a serious shooting, and are much more known for late night violence.

cityhog

Quote from: AP85 on July 25, 2017, 01:15:28 pm

Fayetteville is overrated. Not just Dickson St. But it's still the best city in AR.

Cinco de Hogo

Just about any apartment complex could become dangerous, some thugs have money and girls and if your a thug somebody with a gun doesn't like you.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: yraciv on July 28, 2017, 12:26:58 pm
Ha seriously! Are there questionable places in Fayetteville, sure, but in retrospect it is nothing compared to other larger/urban areas.  Spend a late night in parts of Detroit or Chicago, and you'll never refer to Dickson as ghetto again. 

Dickson is what it is, a stretch of happening bars in a college town. The crowd gets younger, more questionable in some parts, the later the night goes as the drinks flow. Unless you are looking for trouble though and/or have been overserved it won't likely find you. That isn't necessarily the case in non college towns or some bigger cities. Hell a Little Rock bar just had a serious shooting, and are much more known for late night violence.

Seriously, Fayetteville? Dangerous? Haha. I've lived in some sketchy parts of NYC/Boston/SF, but in all honestly Pine Bluff (where I grew up) is by far the scariest place I've ever lived.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 02, 2017, 03:49:53 pm
Just about any apartment complex could become dangerous, some thugs have money and girls and if your a thug somebody with a gun doesn't like you.

Can an apartment complex be dangerous without thugs or does the thug make the apartment complex?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 02, 2017, 10:20:51 pm
Can an apartment complex be dangerous without thugs or does the thug make the apartment complex?

Well you could fall down the stairs!   I would say that thug activity would make the apartment complex and be more likely to spill outside thereby endangering others.  I think you hear enough in the media to know what happens.

Tusks

Didn't Bob Seger sing about Betty Jo.  Maybe that was Betty Lou.

AirWarren

Think he got arrested again.

Time to seriously grow up.

311Hog

Quote from: AP85 on August 31, 2017, 12:58:33 pm
Think he got arrested again.

Time to seriously grow up.

driving on a suspended license from this dwi i believe.  foolish

RazorPiggie

Quote from: 311Hog on August 31, 2017, 01:01:30 pm
driving on a suspended license from this dwi i believe.  foolish

Dumbarse

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: cityhog on July 29, 2017, 09:35:26 pm
Fayetteville is overrated. Not just Dickson St. But it's still the best city in AR.

Compared to...

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsanity on July 24, 2017, 09:55:34 am
So if he had killed someone while driving under the influence, would it still just have been a mistake?

Yes. A very, very serious mistake.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: oldfart on July 28, 2017, 11:25:39 am
Had Bette Jo in high school..............

Didn't everybody?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

John Snow

He got pulled over going 35 on 25 mph .When did Fayetteville become speed trap jerks  like  Demascus Arkansas. August and September is like Christmas for Fayetteville police arresting People  on b.s. Charges to make their quota.

rzrbkman

Quote from: John Snow on September 02, 2017, 12:27:05 pm
He got pulled over going 35 on 25 mph .When did Fayetteville become speed trap jerks  like  Demascus Arkansas. August and September is like Christmas for Fayetteville police arresting People  on b.s. Charges to make their quota.

He was stopped for speeding by driving 40 percent above the posted speed limit? At what speed over the limit do you think he should have been stopped?