Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The McFadden Injury: Nolan Was Right

Started by elaine, July 31, 2006, 09:36:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elaine

Nolan could have predicted the McFadden injury. There is not an adequate culture in NWA to cater to most athletes. Despite all of its progress in the past 10 years, NWA is still a culture dominated by white, conservative individuals whether from Arkansas or elsewhere. If NWA had an adequate culture for the athletes at the UA, they would not seek out places like The Place in LR. If McFadden and the other teammates with him were not seeking a culture where they are comfortable culturally, he would not have been in LR at 4:20am.

Swing away, but you all know this is the truth.

hogman64

Quote from: elaine on July 31, 2006, 09:36:13 pm
Nolan could have predicted the McFadden injury. There is not an adequate culture in NWA to cater to most athletes. Despite all of its progress in the past 10 years, NWA is still a culture dominated by white, conservative individuals whether from Arkansas or elsewhere. If NWA had an adequate culture for the athletes at the UA, they would not seek out places like The Place in LR. If McFadden and the other teammates with him were not seeking a culture where they are comfortable culturally, he would not have been in LR at 4:20am.

Ok I swung.........Elaine, Elaine , Elaine.. Even Darren would probably disagree with that post, at least I hope so........there are too many ways to attack that and I am not going to waste my time on it.........

Hog Gumbo

the donger

Geeze.

DevilHog

I'm not prone to attack anyone here, but you invited it. What you are saying, albeit different from the point Nolan was making, is the most nonsensical thing I have seen in a long time. Nolan was talking about the ability to attract kids to move to this area. The club he visited is not a "crown jewel" to the black community in Little Rock. I would bet that Darren would tell you, he should not have been there. To say that if there were increased gang activity and more places to go where you could be a victim of violence would make black athletes more comfortable, is just disgraceful. You are an idiot.

Michael Porkleone

this is the first time I have been happy a post was moved to the trash can...
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

karma26

QuoteTo say that if there were increased gang activity and more places to go where you could be a victim of violence would make black athletes more comfortable, is just disgraceful. You are an idiot.

But how do you really feel about it?   ;)

mtpockets

WOW!!!  That is the dumbest thing I have ever read.  You have to be a troll, and I hope no one takes the bait.

werehog

Elaine, Hon, you are as full of it as a Christmas goose. The only better place to party hardy and get your freak on than Fayetteville in the SEC is possibly Gainesville. I went to school in Fayetteville and worked in Gainesville as bureau chief for the Tampa Tribune. I was single in Fayetteville and newly married in Gainesville with new baby in tow. But both spots have their charms and plenty of pretty girls. Gainesville has a better nightlife and a greater cultural understanding of the mixology of adult beverages, a more diverse student body and a larger African-American population. That said Fayetteville has its own unique charms. As far as Nolan is concerned, I wouldn't make water on him if he was on fire.

GorillaJMonsoon

Well Elaine,

Since Darren said in his interview on TV that he wasn't even IN the club, but just in the parking lot BEHIND the club talking to people, your point is moot.  We have plenty of parking lots beind bars in NWA. 

chillinhoggie

he didn't go to LR to find adequate culture he went there CAUSE HIS MAMA LIVES THERE....

jkstock04

Awsome post....I wonder how long this took to end up in the trash can...lol.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

chillinhoggie

Actually we all just got a little bit dumber just for readiing it....much less replying  ..... My vote for most assinine post ever

Broken Trigger

I'm still trying to figure out if this post is for real or someone just poking fun at Nolan.  I seriously hope it is a joke and not someone who has bought into the whole racial discrimination conspiracy theory of Coach Richardson.  It the latter is the case, that is fine to have your opinion, but don't start stirring the hate pot. 

WILL CLINTON

I admit I am one of the biggest Nolan apologists there is in Arkansas, but this post is ludicrous.  Easily nominated for top 10 "worst post of all time", top 5 "most stupid post of all time", and tip 3 "worst references to Nolan in a post" of all time.  Congratulations.  No other post has ever held a place among these categories before. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.