Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 02:41:34 pm

are you being a hypocrite

Started by williamsB, July 27, 2006, 06:07:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

williamsB

if you tell a kid you want him to sign with Arkansas, then announce to the world that that kid will be playing for a terrible head coach that has no chance of going to even a good bowl much less winning the confrence?

Just wondering if they tie together in any way.

PulledPork

nwarazfan

Quote from: williamsB on July 27, 2006, 06:07:41 pm
if you tell a kid you want him to sign with Arkansas, then announce to the world that that kid will be playing for a terrible head coach that has no chance of going to even a good bowl much less winning the confrence?

Just wondering if they tie together in any way.

Nope. I want Nutt's replacement to have the best talent possible.  And if we are stuck with the Nuttster, maybe we can Mack Brown it and just collect so much talent we can't help but mostly win(I know, its dreaming).

ConwayHog

Nope.  He can come play for good coordinators like Gus and Reggie.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Fresh Legs on July 27, 2006, 08:11:14 pm
Nope.  He can come play for good coordinators like Gus and Reggie.

Exactly. Two of the best coaches we've had since Nutt has been here.

WE are very very fortunate to have guys like Reggie, Gus, Alex, and Rocker.

CiriusPorker

Yes it is hypocritical...but will we stop?  Probably not.  Are we the only program like this?  By far, NO!

DevilHog

I don't think it is hypocritical coming from a fan. As a fan, you want what, you feel, is best for the team. The coaches want the same thing, just in a different way. As do the players.  Fans want who they think are the best players and the best coach. They are able to compartmentalize and just look at the team. Players and coaches have individual interests that keep them from doing this. In the end, regardless of what some may think, coaches, players, and fans all want the same thing. All we want is to win.

geoffhog

Hypocrisy among the darksiders is not uncommon. For instance, there has been a number of threads recently by the darksiders stating that anything less than 9 wins is unacceptable. Why? Because our talent level has gotten so high. Those same darksiders will then happily join in a thread that bashes our recruiting. Now which one is it? We can't have good talent and bad recruiting...its just not possible. In fact, its downright silly, but they do it everyday and they'll do it again tomorrow. 
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Richard_white

July 28, 2006, 12:30:11 am #8 Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 12:38:18 am by Richard_white
Quote from: geoffhog on July 28, 2006, 12:25:00 am
Hypocrisy among the darksiders is not uncommon. For instance, there has been a number of threads recently by the darksiders stating that anything less than 9 wins is unacceptable. Why? Because our talent level has gotten so high. Those same darksiders will then happily join in a thread that bashes our recruiting. Now which one is it? We can't have good talent and bad recruiting...its just not possible. In fact, its downright silly, but they do it everyday and they'll do it again tomorrow. 

What about Huggers stating that we are doing good in recruiting this year.  For instance, we signed 8 players to 1 or 2 from last year.  But when you read in the recruiting forum, you read that recruits are saying a different story.  I don't know who is recruiting me, what's his name?  I haven't heard from him in months.  I guess it's okay when you support a coach that recruits can't remember his name.

nwarazfan

July 28, 2006, 12:39:46 am #9 Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 12:42:54 am by nwarazfan

Its only hypocritical to those who don't want to see the truth.

Actually you can have good talent and bad recruiting like in our situation.  We have about 30-35 players right now out of 85 who are good to a few great SEC football players.  That means that 60% or more of the roster isn't.  Our recruiting classes have been top heavy and shallow with many, many players not panning out for various reasons.  That is bad recruiting.  Relative to where our program could be talentwise, we have not recruited well.

What we have this year is a situation where our 1st teamers and a few backups should compete with just about any team in the country.  Combine that with our favorable schedule and that is where the 9 wins come in.  What you will also find if you actually choose to look for the truth is that many of us are predicting 7 wins due to the Nutt factor holding the team back plus the lack of depth due to poor recruiting.

So, yes in CF you can be both talented and have had bad recruiting.  Its relative to what you consider talented- barely into your 2 deep talented or Fl St, Mich, USC, Texass talented.

And silly is still supporting Nutt going into his 9th year after 8 seasons of embarrassments, failures, underachievement,...  Many here probably felt silly after the Vandy game last year.  Wake up geoff. 

nwarazfan

ok - we were just getting a little debate going

12under

Quote from: nwarazfan on July 28, 2006, 12:39:46 am

Its only hypocritical to those who don't want to see the truth.

Actually you can have good talent and bad recruiting like in our situation.  We have about 30-35 players right now out of 85 who are good to a few great SEC football players.  That means that 60% or more of the roster isn't.  Our recruiting classes have been top heavy and shallow with many, many players not panning out for various reasons.  That is bad recruiting.  Relative to where our program could be talentwise, we have not recruited well.

What we have this year is a situation where our 1st teamers and a few backups should compete with just about any team in the country.  Combine that with our favorable schedule and that is where the 9 wins come in.  What you will also find if you actually choose to look for the truth is that many of us are predicting 7 wins due to the Nutt factor holding the team back plus the lack of depth due to poor recruiting.

So, yes in CF you can be both talented and have had bad recruiting.  Its relative to what you consider talented- barely into your 2 deep talented or Fl St, Mich, USC, Texass talented.

And silly is still supporting Nutt going into his 9th year after 8 seasons of embarrassments, failures, underachievement,...  Many here probably felt silly after the Vandy game last year.  Wake up geoff. 
eight seasons of embarassment.....wow!  i thought that we have had several good seasons.  wow...no good seasons?

PulledPork

Quote from: 12under on July 28, 2006, 11:40:58 am
eight seasons of embarassment.....wow!  i thought that we have had several good seasons.  wow...no good seasons?
most likely refering to his "Nuttisms" also in that post....

Pulled out...