Mike can you check on the rumor

Started by soso, July 24, 2006, 08:41:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred7987

A QB in high school or am I wrong?

TulsaHogFan

Ok guys look for info coming very soon.

mikeirwin

A spokesman for the athletic department who has talked with Houston Nutt told me a few minutes ago that the Johnson to Baylor rumor is untrue.

GuvHog

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 25, 2006, 08:10:45 pm
A spokesman for the athletic department who has talked with Houston Nutt told me a few minutes ago that the Johnson to Baylor rumor is untrue.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the Information.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Sao Ming

Quote from: T-Bag Hawg on July 25, 2006, 07:09:10 pm
Ced Washington?

LMAO - sorry guys !!  I was thinking of Rick Culbert from Vidor TX - looking at the 05/06 roster and not the 06/07 (dang I hate to be wrong!).  Culbert must have left the team.

mikeirwin

Keep in mind that it is possible that Robert has made this decision and has not bothered to tell the coaches. However I assume HDN was fairly confident it's not true or he wouldn't have officially denied it.

bald hog

If he goes to Baylor, he'd be a 1 year wonder. Sit out his jr. year since he's used up his redshirt year.

Ugly Uncle

Okay...

If this is true...does this mean we go for another QB for next year?  I mean besides Burns?  I mean, one more including Burns?
Retired Radio Host

GuvHog

Mike, is it possible for someone to interview RJ so as to confirm wether it's true or not?
Things are beginning to get a little out of hand here.

Richard_white

Quote from: GUVHOG on July 25, 2006, 09:00:30 pm
Mike, is it possible for someone to interview RJ so as to confirm wether it's true or not?

Check the Demo Gazette

GuvHog

Quote from: Richard_white on July 25, 2006, 09:01:41 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on July 25, 2006, 09:00:30 pm

Check the Demo Gazette

Nice comeback Richard! Very funny!

TulsaHogFan

nwarazfan

Is this the same spokesman that said that the UA only allows its venues to be used by the UA athl teams when an arena football team just finished playing at our track center?  KT needs to work on his spin.

GuvHog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on July 25, 2006, 09:06:13 pm
We are working on that.

Thanks Tulsa, that question was meant for you too. Sorry, I didn't mean to insult your
inteligence. I appreciate your info too.

mikeirwin

Quote from: nwarazfan on July 25, 2006, 09:07:20 pm

Is this the same spokesman that said that the UA only allows its venues to be used by the UA athl teams when an arena football team just finished playing at our track center?  KT needs to work on his spin.
Guys I'm just passing along what was said.
(a) Believe it.
(b) Don't believe it.

HamShank

Doesn't this mean that a) there will be no red-shirting Mitch, and b) we are more likely to get Kodi?

Oklahawg

RJ was often a victim of happy feet, letting the game overwhelm him. Its the opposite of the Matt Jones syndrome, when a discernable pulse would have been nice, at times.

Could/would RJ blossom, ala Jason Campbell? Hard to know if the competition passes you by.

You really wonder about the importance of playing if RJ would really transfer to Baylor and lose another year of eligibility. If he indeed transfers we may have reason to wonder if there is not more going on than we are presuming now.

Jarrell Norton was commited to Tulsa as a QB before decommiting and choosing UA as a CB. He, Landon Leach, and Clark Irwin better get comfy with the playbook.

I don't know if this changes anything for Kodi Burns. RJ would only have a single year left when Kodi hits campus. You hate grabbing 2 QBs in a class, especially the class behind Mitch.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

foghornshog

So is this Baylorman a joke?  He has put up two posts saying we are sheep, go usc and somehow removed them.  I also see that an entire threat from Tulsahog is vanished.  what gives?  Is it all really a usc prank?

nwarazfan

Quote from: mikeirwin on July 25, 2006, 09:20:23 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on July 25, 2006, 09:07:20 pm

Guys I'm just passing along what was said.
(a) Believe it.
(b) Don't believe it.

Sorry Mike, I'm not doubting at all you were told that. 

Oklahawg

Foghorn, its possible Tulsa Hog Fan has received conflicting information and pulled the thread until he can get consensus. I remember being a college student. Barely.

It was not uncommon for one of my crowd to decide they were done--done with college, done with the significant other, done with grad school, done with where they lived, whatever. They go as far as packing a few things and saying some good-byes. Then...they are back and all is forgiven and forgotten.

I suspect many D1 athletes have moments like this one for RJ. Moments where leaving is an option. We'll need less conflicting sources and more consensus before you'll see the thread back up and running.

You are getting a play-by-play on this. By Friday it well may be brushed under the rug and forgotten by the folks on campus.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

foghornshog

That's totally understandable.  I was just questioning if it was a USC prank by the Baylorman guy.  I saw 2 of his posts with pigs riding sheep and saying go USC, so I thought it may have just been a joke.  I am sure someone else had to see this post as well  It was his 3rd post at the time and he modified it twice.

Rooka

Quote from: foghornshog on July 25, 2006, 10:12:42 pm
That's totally understandable.  I was just questioning if it was a USC prank by the Baylorman guy.  I saw 2 of his posts with pigs riding sheep and saying go USC, so I thought it may have just been a joke.  I am sure someone else had to see this post as well  It was his 3rd post at the time and he modified it twice.
Apparently, USC gay boys have nothin' better to do on their spare time.

Oklahawg

This is the time of year when it doesn't take much to give an idle comment some legs. Nothing is going on until players actually are checking out pads. Every bit of news gets over-examined. Get the players on campus and we'll be in much better shape.

TulsaHog

July 25, 2006, 10:33:23 pm #124 Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 11:04:40 pm by TulsaHog
Could it be that RJ uses a "medical redshirt" for his ailing back/hernia and still have two years at Baylor?

mikeirwin

Quote from: foghornshog on July 25, 2006, 10:12:42 pm
Baylorman was a wolf in sheep's clothing, a troll pretending to be someone else. He's been sent back from whence he came.

Doug

RoJo isn't going anywhere.  This rumor has been shot to all hell and back.  Let's lock this thread now so that no more speculation will occur.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)