Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst case scenario for Houston??? HOGS WIN but NUTT DISCREDITED!!

Started by allyoucaneatbuffet, September 23, 2006, 07:12:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

allyoucaneatbuffet

***2 THINGS I LEARNED FROM THE BAMA GAME***

1-HOGS WIN!  WOO!  I AM PUMPED!  3-1 and 2-0 in the SEC!  That's great for the TEAM anyway you split it! Heck, we might even shoot up the 'other votes gotten' list and be like #27 or 28, anda chance to move up in the bye week!!

but..........................

2-NUTT discredited!  Think about it. From now on, during the typical announcer banter lookikng at our schedule, or looking at the secwest standings, undoubtably someone will say "ok, so arkansas is in third place in the west, yada yada... their 2OT WIN OVER BAMA... yada yada FIELD GOAL KICKER!!"-- from now on EVERY discussion of us will include their kicker's meltdown.  And if they do the "who have they beaten" type chart just for the hogs, week by week, they will show the vandy win, and you can' mention vandy and bama without mentioning BOTH of the miracle-wins-by-FG...   from here out we are "lucky".

"LUCKY" is THE WORST THING POSSIBLE for Coach Nutt.  IT gives him absolutely no credit, and lets the other teams lose without the hogs really winning.  It gives no credit to Nutt's playcalling, and think about it, the winning td was a GUS-ESQUE LONG PASS by MUSTAIN & in the two close victories the memorable "nutt moment" was him calling timeout to ice the vandy kicker..... THIS is the legacy of the wins?  This is 'good coaching'? Calling a to before a field goal?  This is the only time Nutt's name comes up in discussions about our wins?

Yikes.

If I am Nutt, this is ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY the worst thing that could happen.  (if we'd lost, the blame would be squarely on Mustain's "inexperience")

Nutt's days are numbered.  I like the man, I always loved the coach until Vandy 05 - and I have a slimmer of hope he can get us to 10 wins this year and build a powerhouse.  BUt today, when you think about it, was THE WORST POSSIBLE OUTCOME for a Nutt defender.

Every more win like this, means less faith and ability in nutt - it ain't his doing, and now everyone knows it

BEST CASE for serious Hog fans (win!)
WORST CASE for Nutt (looks more useless!)