Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday Game One versus Delaware

Started by flippinhogmana, February 24, 2018, 08:19:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

The Blue Hens are 0-6 and have already lost to Auburn among SEC teams, 15-0
Autumn Storms should be in the circle for this one, but Caroline Hedgcock has not pitched well and since Delaware should be the weakest team we will face Saturday, Coach Deifel might call an audible and start Hedgcock and try to save Storms for the second game and Haff for Sunday's game.  You never know.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Sow’sEar

I just checked the score and we've scored 9 and still batting in the first

flippinhogmana

the score is nine to zero after one inning.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

McEwen had a triple and a homer in the inning.

Malkin and Diaz also doubled in the inning, the rest singles (eight hits and an error in the inning).

flippinhogmana

Delaware opens the top half of the second with two straight singles, then an error on Diaz loads the bases.  The hens score one, to make it 9-1 and the hogs coming to bat.

flippinhogmana

Delaware changes pitchers
Green flies out to rf
Malkin hits her third homer
10-1 hogs
six of the runs scored in the first with two out by the way
Cooper pops out
Diaz singles up the middle
Bugarin strikes out swinging, 10-1 to the top of the third

flippinhogmana

hogs start subbing, Archuleta comes in to catch for Green
storms walks the first batter (back to the top of the order)
next batter lines out to lf
third batter flies out to lf
two down, clean up hitter strikes out swinging, to the bottom of the third, 10-1

flippinhogmana

Buczek with her third hit of the game, a single through the left side
McEwen popped to ss
Kryzsko strikes out swinging
Balens is pinch hit for by Manzo who walks
Archuleta fouled out to the catcher
to the top of the fourth

flippinhogmana

Malkin is now at 1b instead of dhing
manzo goes to third, Buczek at ss
first batter (number five hitter) singles to 2nd
next batter singles to pitcher, runner advances to third, nobody out
third batter grounds out to malkin who holds the runners and step on the base for out number one
next batter strikes out but the runner moves to second
Storms retires the side with a ground out, no score for the hens in the inning, to the bottom of the fourth

flippinhogmana

malkin walks
parr pinch hits for cooper (and will probably go into left) fc
hedgcock pinch hits for Diaz, flies out
Haizlip pinch hits for Bugarin, singles up the middle
Jada Dodson pinch hits for Buczek for her first AB of the season, fouls out to 1b to end the inning
still 10-1

flippinhogmana

Top of the fifth, warrick comes in to pitch and Parr does go to left field
walks the first batter
next batter fc  (p to 2nd)
next batter grounds into a double play, ss to 2nd, to 1b

flippinhogmana

bottom of the fifth coming up, (McEwen, Kryzsko, and Manzo up).  If the hogs score a run, its over, run rule.
Hammering Hannah well, they call it there.  I thought it was up ten at the end of five, eight at the end of six, etc.

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

since this game was a run rule shortened game the next game may start at its regular time or early if the other team is here and ready.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 24, 2018, 11:22:35 am
bottom of the fifth coming up, (McEwen, Kryzsko, and Manzo up).  If the hogs score a run, its over, run rule.
Hammering Hannah well, they call it there.  I thought it was up ten at the end of five, eight at the end of six, etc.

Nope - it's just 8 runs any time after the end of 5. :-)