Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Softball @ Mary Nutter - Day 2 Weber St.

Started by psycHOGlogist, February 18, 2018, 04:16:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

Will do the first game here, and possibly game 2 also. Flippin tells me he doesn't think there'll be a stats feed, but I would think a big time tourney like Nutter would have one ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RazorbackSB just tweeted that the game would start at about 4:30 CT.

flippinhogmana

they had a state feed through the home teams (we werent the home team) but Weber state adn loyola dont have them so we wont have any stat feed it seems for the last three games of the classic
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

OK - looks like Storms is in the circle. Arkansas is home today.

First batter K's.
The camera feed for this match is from the first base coach vantage point so far - it's a joke - can't even see the batter lol.
Second hitter grounds out to Buczek  at 3b - great play.
Third hitter falls behind 1-2, fouls a couple off, then hits an easy chopper to Belans, 3 down.

Just as a follow up to my comment last night about the twitter feed - they haven't tweeted out a lineup, or an announcement that the game has started. Last year, they were all over that. It's odd.

psycHOGlogist

And just as I type that, they tweet out the lineup! lol

Same as yesterday, position wise, but Malkin is now hitting 6th and Diaz 8th.

And here's a stat feed: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=212231

Buczek walks on 5 pitches.
McEwen hits a soft line-out to SS. They try to double off Autumn, but she gets back in time. Runner on 1, 1 out.
Krzysko swings and misses, but so does the catcher, so Buczek moves to 2nd. 0-2 count on Krzysko.
She drills one, but right at the left fielder, 2 out, runner on 2.
Belans works a full count before ripping a single through the left side, scoring Buczek. 1-0 Hogs, Belans up to 2b on the throw home. WPS!
Cooper smacks the first pitch hard, but right to the 2b for the 3rd out. Hogs lead 1-0 after 1.

Due up to face Storms: 4-5-6 from Weber St.

psycHOGlogist

T2
4 hole hitter hits one at Belans, who boots it. Argh. Runner at 1, 0 outs.
Next batter works a full count and fouls off about 300 pitches before not stopping a check-swing for Storms's 2nd K. 1 out, runner on 1.
6 hole hitter puts a good SB down, but Storms fields it and throws her out at 1b. Runner at 2, 2 outs.
Storms is not throwing a lot of good first pitches like she did last night, but she doesn't look out of sorts. The hair flip is working. ;-)
7 hole hitter hits a soft chopper to Buczek, who easily throws her out. Hogs still lead 1-0.

Due up: Malkin, Green, Diaz

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2018, 04:29:50 pm
And just as I type that, they tweet out the lineup! lol

Same as yesterday, position wise, but Malkin is now hitting 6th and Diaz 8th.

And here's a stat feed: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=212231

Buczek walks on 5 pitches.
McEwen hits a soft line-out to SS. They try to double off Autumn, but she gets back in time. Runner on 1, 1 out.
Krzysko swings and misses, but so does the catcher, so Buczek moves to 2nd. 0-2 count on Krzysko.
She drills one, but right at the left fielder, 2 out, runner on 2.
Belans works a full count before ripping a single through the left side, scoring Buczek. 1-0 Hogs, Belans up to 2b on the throw home. WPS!
Cooper smacks the first pitch hard, but right to the 2b for the 3rd out. Hogs lead 1-0 after 1.

Due up to face Storms: 4-5-6 from Weber St.

I was wondering how long it would take to move her to fourth! At least sixth is in the right direction.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

rolyat_2008

flippinhogmana

Quote from: rolyat_2008 on February 18, 2018, 04:42:16 pm
Fielding issues once again

Belans is in there for her bat, but she is a senior, better defense next year

and Diaz is a mystery, she hit a lot better her freshman year than last year and so far this year.

flippinhogmana

by the way live stats are now posted for both games today.

here is for the first game,

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=212231

flippinhogmana

thankfully no damage came from the opening error.  Striking out the next batter helped.  How does Autumn seem to be pitching today?

psycHOGlogist

February 18, 2018, 04:49:45 pm #10 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:00:53 pm by psycHOGlogist
B2

Malkin gets under one and flies out to RF, 1 down.
Green looks a little unsure of herself at the plate, goes down 0-2 before blasting one past the SS, runner on 1, 1 out.
Diaz also smacks one through the infield, runners on 1/2, 1 out.
Bugarin puts one off the wall - should have been extra bases, but the runners were holding to see if it was caught. Bases loaded, 1 out.
Buczek back up after her first inning walk. PR for Diaz - Edwards, I think.
Buczek hits a grounder to the right side, they go home for the force. Bases loaded, 2 out.
The camera work on this feed is freaking horrible lol.
McEwan hits one through the right side knocking in both Green and Edwards - 3-0 Hogs. McEwen at 2b, Buczek at 3rd. Runners 2/3, 2 out.
Krzysko hits a hard grounder up the middle, Buczek scores, McEwen at 3b. 4-0 Hogs. Runners at corners, 2 outs.
Belans shows some good patience, works a 5 pitch walk. Bases loaded, 2 outs for Cooper.
Cooper lines out to RF to end the inning. 4-0 Hogs after 2.

Storms to face 8-9-1.

flippinhogmana

Good for McEwen!  Another freshman coming through in the clutch.  Big hit in her young career.

Sorry, I didnt wait long enough to post, the broadcast must be running a bit behind the live feed (it often does, just not sure how much)

rolyat_2008

psycHOGlogist

T3
8 hitter gets cute but watches strike 3 go by - 1 down.
Storms's drop is working well so far today.
Another K on the 9 hitter. 2 down.
Sigh. E 5. Buczek bobbles an easy play, leadoff hitter is safe at first, 2 down.
(Unlike Belans, Buczek is usually quite reliable. She got rushed there.)
And Storms is a little flustered, gets behind 3-0.
Walks her on 5 pitches - runners at 1/2, 2 outs.
Last batter grounds sharply to Buczek, who catches it and steps right on the bag - 3 outs. Another error doesn't hurt us, but that can't keep up.

Due up: Malkin, Green, and Diaz.

flippinhogmana

its good to give Autumn some run support, we hardly ever gave her more than a one run lead last year if that.

psycHOGlogist

B3

Malkin doesn't see much to hit for the first 3 pitches, takes a strike, but then gets under another one and pops out to 1b.
Green gets her second single of the game through the L side. First pitch swinging. Runner on 1, 1 out.
Diaz hits into the FC, Green out at 2b, Diaz at 1st. 2 out.
Bugarin flies out to RC, 3 outs.

Storms to face 4-5-6.

flippinhogmana

weber state, btw, is no slouch at 3-3 coming into this game, they have played ranked teams tough, they beat pacific once and then lost to them, lost to grand canyon by three and played Oklahoma (number one ranked) tough among other opponents (lost by three).

psycHOGlogist

February 18, 2018, 05:16:06 pm #17 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:26:36 pm by psycHOGlogist
T4
Leadoff hitter hits a can of corn to McEwan in RF, 1 down.
Storms's control is a little off this inning. Throwing more balls than strikes, falls behind 2nd hitter 3-0.
Batter takes the next pitch back through the middle for their first hit of the game. Runner on 1, 1 out. Deifel to the mound to chat with her battery.
BTW - I didn't know this, but Shelby Hiers is apparently on staff in some capacity. She's on the bench with the coaching staff. GA, I assume.
The next batter gets a hit, but the camera work is SOO BAD I can't actually tell you what happened. lol The announcer - also useless.
Ok - she singled to RF, runner held at 3rd.
Next batter grounded out to Buczek, who held the runner at 3rd. Out at first. Runners at 2/3, 2 outs.
She hits a double past a diving Buczek, scoring two runs. 4-2 Hogs.
I couldn't tell if Buczek could've made a play on that.
Batter hits a single out to McEwen, who GUNS down the runner who was trying to advance to 3rd. Damn - what a throw!

Due up for the Hogs - top of the order.

Bacons Rebellion

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2018, 05:16:06 pm
T4
Leadoff hitter hits a can of corn to McEwan in RF, 1 down.
Storms's control is a little off this inning. Throwing more balls than strikes, falls behind 2nd hitter 3-0.
Batter takes the next pitch back through the middle for their first hit of the game. Runner on 1, 1 out. Deifel to the mound to chat with her battery.
BTW - I didn't know this, but Shelby Hiers is apparently on staff in some capacity. She's on the bench with the coaching staff. GA, I assume.
The next batter gets a hit, but the camera work is SOO BAD I can't actually tell you what happened. lol The announcer - also useless.
Ok - she singled to RF, runner held at 3rd.
Next batter grounded out to Buczek, who held the runner at 3rd. Out at first. Runners at 2/3, 2 outs.

wonder if she can give them any tips on what storms likes to do?  she was her catcher last year.

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

I have come to the humble conclusion (although I already did) I REALLY  like this freshman class.

and on another front, this stat feed is kind of lousy today, no balls and strikes posted, just the plays (and that not very well, like not where the ball was hit, just single or fc).

psycHOGlogist

B4

Buczek bunts her way on - beautiful and speedy. Runner on 1, 0 outs.
McEwen walks on 4 pitches.
Pitching change for Weber ST. 
Krzysko hits a FC to 3rd base, Runners on 1/2, 1 out.
Hogs double steal, runners to 2/3, 1 out.
Full count on Belans.
She pops out to SS behind 2b. Runners on 2/3, 2 out.
Cooper hits a weak grounder to 2b to end the threat. Still 4-2 Hogs.

Coming up for Weber St - top of the order.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2018, 05:28:40 pm
B4

Buczek bunts her way on - beautiful and speedy. Runner on 1, 0 outs.

and both McEwen and Green had been on base twice today already (McEwen, hit and walk) Green two hits.  Lets hope Malkin gets over trying to lift every thing and hits it solid this time up.

psycHOGlogist

T5
So I'm just gonna gripe here. The camera work last night was great. Today, it is terrible. And the announcer is just a dolt, and he keeps basically hoping good things will happen for the Hogs' opponents. Super annoying. Ok, rant over.

First batter singles to LC - Storms left that one up in the zone. I think she's tired.
So does Deifel, who is going to the mound to make a change. Haff coming in.
Let's see if Mary still has it.
Apparently so - she K's the batter on 3 pitches.
It takes FOUR pitches to K the next batter. Clearly she's slipping! ;-)
And FIVE pitches to K the last one. Man, you can just see her deteriorating before your eyes!!! LOLOL

Due up for the Hogs - Malkin, Green, Diaz

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2018, 05:37:19 pm
T5
So I'm just gonna gripe here. The camera work last night was great. Today, it is terrible. And the announcer is just a dolt, and he keeps basically hoping good things will happen for the Hogs' opponents. Super annoying. Ok, rant over.

First batter singles to LC - Storms left that one up in the zone. I think she's tired.
So does Deifel, who is going to the mound to make a change. Haff coming in.
Let's see if Mary still has it.
Apparently so - she K's the batter on 3 pitches.
It takes FOUR pitches to K the next batter. Clearly she's slipping! ;-)
And FIVE pitches to K the last one. Man, you can just see her deteriorating before your eyes!!! LOLOL

Due up for the Hogs - Malkin, Green, Diaz

this freshman class is just pitful isnt it?  I wonder how long it is before Jada Dodson shows up in LF?

psycHOGlogist

B5

Okay, offense, let's get on track here.

Malkin seems to have a pretty good eye for the zone. Gets up 3-0, hits a HARD liner into CF for a single, and advances to 2b on a throwing (catching?) error on the relay in. Great swing. PR for her is Parr. Runner on 2, 0 outs.
Green grounds out to 3b, Parr stays at 2. 1 out.
Diaz hits a deep shot to CF - who drops it. Probably an E? It hit her glove, though she was on the run. Diaz to 2b, Parr scores from 2. 5-2 Hogs.
Bugarin hits a really long foul ball before popping out to 2b. Runner on 2, 2 outs.
Buczek gets ahead 2-0, coach comes out to talk to their pitcher.
Autumn works the walk. Runners at 1/2, 2 outs.
McEwen grounds on to 1b, who boots it. Everyone is safe - bases juiced, 2 outs.
Krzysko hits an easy grounder to the SS to end the inning.

Due up to face Haff - 5-6-7 (I think)

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2018, 05:47:24 pm
B5

Okay, offense, let's get on track here.

Malkin seems to have a pretty good eye for the zone. Gets up 3-0, hits a HARD liner into CF for a single, and advances to 2b on a throwing (catching?) error on the relay in. Great swing. PR for her is Parr. Runner on 2, 0 outs.
Green grounds out to 3b, Parr stays at 2. 1 out.
Diaz hits a deep shot to CF - who drops it. Probably an E? It hit her glove, though she was on the run. Diaz to 2b, Parr scores from 2. 5-2 Hogs.

Our stat feed says she "reached on a muffed throw from center field", how is the name of sense could you score a play that way?  Now a play later they change it to a error on the cf.

psycHOGlogist

T6
Stop me if you've heard this one - Haff K's her on a rise ball. 1 down.
6 hitter - K's on 3 pitches.
7 hitter - Haff falls behind 3-0, just missing the zone. Goes 3-1 (take), 3-2 (swing), but then walks her on a rise just out of the zone. That's her first BB of the season, btw.
8 hitter - doesn't matter, as runner goes and Green makes a great throw, catching runner well between bases, and they get her in a rundown.

To the B6 - Due up: Belans, Cooper, and Malkin

flippinhogmana

five straight strike outs?

cooper isnt hitting much, I think its close to Jada Dodson getting an appearance in the lineup too!

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana

A rise ball pitcher generally starts to leave the ball high or it not rise right when they get tired.  Hopefully Mary has enough gas to get this one out and three more in the next inning.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 18, 2018, 06:00:06 pm
five straight strike outs?

cooper isnt hitting much, I think its close to Jada Dodson getting an appearance in the lineup too!

I'd be surprised. Cooper is a good player, a good hitter, and a senior leader of this team. I think it's going to take a LOT to get her out of the lineup.

flippinhogmana

and another freshman heroic!  Way to go Green (storms batter mate back in HS)

psycHOGlogist

B6

Belans flies out to deep CF on the first pitch, 1 out.
Cooper is robbed of a hit up the middle by hitting the pitcher's shin and getting a rebound literally into the 1b's glove. Bad luck for Coop. 2 outs. 2 pitches.
Oh - they are leaving Parr in the game!
Parr works a 2-2 count before smashing a slap single up the middle! Way to go, Sydney!!!
Wild pitch moves Parr to 2b.
Green works a 3-1 count (should have been a walk, but the ump said she didn't check a swing - I disagree), before grounding out to 3b to end the inning.

Haff to face 9-1-2, I think.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 18, 2018, 06:05:21 pm
I'd be surprised. Cooper is a good player, a good hitter, and a senior leader of this team. I think it's going to take a LOT to get her out of the lineup.

I am sure Coach Deifel doesnt want to upset the chemistry too much either.

flippinhogmana

my stat feed shows Parr hitting (who pinch ran for Malkin) is it Parr or Malkin?

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 18, 2018, 06:08:07 pm
my stat feed shows Parr hitting (who pinch ran for Malkin) is it Parr or Malkin?
It was Parr.

flippinhogmana

good for her getting the hit too, coach is making all the right moves so far this season.

psycHOGlogist

No, it'll be 8-9-1 because the 8 hitter was up when the runner was thrown out.

T7
8 hitter grounds out to Haff, who makes a very nice spinning play on the throw to 1b. Good work!
9 hitter K's, watching.
1 hitter hits a can of corn out to Cooper in LF - game over.

Storms with the W, Haff the save.

psycHOGlogist

OK - I'm going to make my dinner. I think I'll be back in time for G2 against LMU.

WPS!!!!

flippinhogmana

I think it was justice for Autumn to get the win after so many tough losses last year.  I dont think she is herself yet, and she flat carried us last year.  I wonder where Caroline Hedgcock is?

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 18, 2018, 06:22:46 pm
I think it was justice for Autumn to get the win after so many tough losses last year.  I dont think she is herself yet, and she flat carried us last year.  I wonder where Caroline Hedgcock is?

Wondering the same thing - I hope we see her against LMU.

psycHOGlogist

About to get underway in the second Hog game of the day - vs. LMU. The camera is on, and the umps are taking the field. Dinner is in the oven, and we're waiting on the lineups. :-)

psycHOGlogist

Arkansas is the home team and takes the field. Indeed, Hedgcock is in the circle. Otherwise, looks like the lineup is the same.

psycHOGlogist

T1
Hedgcock's first pitch is inauspicious, rolls it up there. She settles and gets the leadoff hitter to line softly to Belans, 1 down.
Here's the stat feed: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=212232
Second batter also hits a soft liner, this one to Bugarin (I think). 2 outs.
Third batter singles through the right side, runner on 1, 2 out.
Clean up hitter grounds to Bugarin, who steps on 2b for the force, 3 outs.

Hedgcock got behind most of the batters, and they made decent contact on her pitches. I hope she settles a bit more after getting the first inning under her belt.

Due up - top of the order for the Hogs.

psycHOGlogist

B1
The LMU pitcher has a bit of a wonky wind up. Suspect it makes it hard to find the ball.

Buzcek gets ahead 3-0, then watches 2 strikes before whiffing at ball 4 up at her eyes. :-(
McEwen lines the first pitch softly to the 3b, 2 outs.
Krzysko whiffs at a change.

Hedgcock to face 4-5-6.

psycHOGlogist

T2
Leadoff batter singles up the middle past Belans, then Krzysko literally falls on her face moving toward it, runner moves up to 2nd. Sigh. Runner on 2, 0 outs. (OMG - they gave her a double?!?! Ridiculous!)
Next hitter puts down a SB, runner to 3rd, 1 out. It was a good bunt, good play by the D.
Next batter singles past Belans, RBI. 1-0 LMU, runner on 1, 1 out. Man, Belans just has NO range.
It doesn't look like Hedgcock has developed a change of pace pitch yet, either.
Next batter leaves the park - 3-0 LMU.
This announcer -- had no idea it was a HR until the batter crossed the plate. LMAO. Such a dip.
Next batter singles. Time for Hedgcock to be pulled. This is ugly.
Deifel agrees. New pitcher is Warrick.
One pitch - batter lines out to Buzcek, who guns it to first to double off the runner who was leaning toward 2b. And that ends the inning - time for some offense to get us back in it!

Due up - Belans, Cooper, Green.

Looks like Warrick is batting (she may have been DP from the start)

psycHOGlogist

B2

Belans whiffs at a change, 1 down.
Cooper gets us off the schneid with a single up the middle. Runner on 1, 1 out.
Green grounds to SS, Cooper advances to 2b. Runner on 2, 2 out.
Warrick can't lay off a change, hits a dribbler to 2b for the 3rd out.

She'll face 2-3-4 for LMU.

flippinhogmana

rating services are  a crap shoot sometimes, Hedgcock was ranked higher than Storms, and so far she hasnt been nearly as good.