Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Morris offense being shut down...

Started by ambien_sky, January 01, 2018, 10:37:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ambien_sky

No, i'm not trying to start drama.  I support Chad Morris 100%,   but a lot of people,  including myself,  were talking him up because he helped build Clemson's offense to what it is now.  It's the same kind of offense we will be running,  and Alabama is absolutely crushing them. I hope Chad Morris realizes we are going to being playing Alabama every year.  I am sure he does.

What is everyone's take on this?   

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Acehawg

King Kong

Same offense took Bama to the limit the last 2 years.

Difference? QB play

carolinahogger

My take is that you are trying to start drama.

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

CDBHawg

Quote from: ambien_sky on January 01, 2018, 10:37:54 pm
No, i'm not trying to start drama.  I support Chad Morris 100%,   but a lot of people,  including myself,  were talking him up because he helped build Clemson's offense to what it is now.  It's the same kind of offense we will be running,  and Alabama is absolutely crushing them. I hope Chad Morris realizes we are going to being playing Alabama every year.  I am sure he does.

My take is that this offense beat them last year.

We haven't beaten them since 2006.

Victom

It's the same one that beat Alabama last year .Also the rookie quarterback is not doing them any favors.

Buff

Deshaun Watson needed a second chance to beat Bama too.  This is Kelly's first year as starter, and the first time he has played a defense that wants him dead.

jgphillips3

Bama has shut every offense down since about 2008.  Sure, one game here or there someone will gash them but it usually doesn't happen two times in a row.  Put Deshaun Watson in there and it would be different.

Flrazrback

Turn overs and poor execution from the Clemson offense. Can't win a game like this without solid play.

rtr

Maybe they miss Morris calling the plays?
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

HogT

You do understand that it's not the offense, that is getting beat it's the play calling. Huge difference between this OC and HCCM calling the plays. HCCM is considered one of the best play callers in the country.
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

onebadrubi

Morris was responsible for getting the to the NC nor is he responsible for anything to do with this game

Bebop

I understand OP's point. Thankfully, Morris brings the type of offense that has beaten Bama. Don't know if we will but it can't hurt not having an offense that can.

bphi11ips

I took an Ambien once on a red-eye flight to Brazil.  My friend said it would make me sleep. Gave me hallucinations, too.

Drugs are bad.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ambien_sky

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 01, 2018, 10:45:42 pm
I took an Ambien once on a red-eye flight to Brazil.  My friend said it would make me sleep. Gave me hallucinations, too.

Drugs are bad.

The first time I took Ambien,  It gave me a bad trip just like acid.  It really messed me up.  I was staring in the mirror at my face for like 20 minutes.  It was pretty ridiculous.  Never took it again,  however,  the sky did look awesome.

Batesville Hogfan

QB for Clemson can't pass for sh*t....one sided offense vs Bama defense that had 5 weeks to prepare is a bad recipe for any offense.

Arkansas Fan

1. Chad Morris isn't calling Clemson's offense.
2. It's the same offense that has put up tons of yards and points against Alabama the past two years.
3. Each year, each team is different than the past year, Deshaun Watson isn't playing QB for Clemson.
4. Any offense can be shut down.

ambien_sky

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on January 01, 2018, 10:54:19 pm
1. Chad Morris isn't calling Clemson's offense.
2. It's the same offense that has put up tons of yards and points against Alabama the past two years.
3. Each year, each team is different than the past year, Deshaun Watson isn't playing QB for Clemson.
4. Any offense can be shut down.

All of your points are well taken.

Hawghiggs

I'm not asking for Morris to win titles. I just want the program to go to a bowl game each year and be competitive.

ChopSooie

The announcers said the offense had to be changed to focus on their offensive line and running game this year. This was to protect their QB, who cant throw.

Hawg Life

Last year Clemson won.. This year Bama won. The common denominator for the losing team is a freshman QB. I think Morris offense works better without a dual threat QB.

Acehawg

Recruit and have a player ready that can throw?

redeye

I knew someone would post this, but who doesn't Alabama shut down?  Auburn scored the most with 26 points and Malzahn is supposedly Morris' mentor.

BadHog

Quote from: ambien_sky on January 01, 2018, 10:48:49 pm
The first time I took Ambien,  It gave me a bad trip just like acid.  It really messed me up.  I was staring in the mirror at my face for like 20 minutes.  It was pretty ridiculous.  Never took it again,  however,  the sky did look awesome.

That is ridiculous. pathetic
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

BloodRedHog

Quote from: Hawghiggs on January 01, 2018, 11:00:20 pm
I'm not asking for Morris to win titles. I just want the program to go to a bowl game each year and be competitive.

Wow.
I want to win a title.

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

rtr

ambien_sky

Quote from: BadHog on January 01, 2018, 11:05:58 pm
That is ridiculous. pathetic

How is having a bad reaction to a prescription sleeping medication pathetic?  Usually the term 'pathetic' refers to something willful on the part of the person being insulted.  For example,  your comment was 'pathetic.' 

Now I feel like I am teaching English class again.

arkansasbred

I chuckled to myself when I was getting on hogville thinking that someone would somehow find a way to bash CCM because Clemson's offense isn't looking too hot tonight.

Then I thought, surely not, he has been gone for three years. These aren't his players and this isn't his offense anymore.

Then I see this thread and just shake my head. I shouldn't even be surprised. *facepalm*

NuttinItUp

Clemson is 4 years removed from Morris. Can you understand that?

TennesseeRaz

That has about as much relevance to Arkansas as Jim Chaney's Bulldogs putting up 48 points on OU today.  But you loved him when he was here, right?

JoeyCapital

I noticed the Cleveland browns defense sucks this year. Maybe Sabans D is getting soft?
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Vantage 8 dude

Simple: players still have to make plays. Doesn't matter what offensive or defensive schemes a team runs they still have to have the players and the execution to execute and win. Has NOTHING, NADA, ZERO, ZIP, NYET to do with Morris, and that applies even if Clemson had won. Next time please get a half a clue!

Gonzo

Like several others here, don't believe you're not trying to poke someting at all, yes, you are. However, tonight was pretty simple, Bama is the best machine the college game has produced in the last 30 years, and Clemson didn't have the player that was last seen running away with the NFL Rookie of the Year award and perhaps the NFL MVP award til he had a freak ACL injury. I think UGA takes them next week, I think there is just enough advantage to the UGA offense and boht defenses are very stout.

Go Hogs!

jackflash

ambien_sky

Quote from: arkansasbred on January 01, 2018, 11:17:39 pm
I chuckled to myself when I was getting on hogville thinking that someone would somehow find a way to bash CCM because Clemson's offense isn't looking too hot tonight.

Then I thought, surely not, he has been gone for three years. These aren't his players and this isn't his offense anymore.

Then I see this thread and just shake my head. I shouldn't even be surprised. *facepalm*

Where did I bash Chad Morris?  I said I supported him 100% and I do.  I simply stated that we are going to be running an offense similar to Clemson's,  that just got shut down,  so I hope Chad Morris does things a little different in the SEC, being as we play Bama every year.  How is that bashing Chad Morris?   Please don't be a snowflake.

atekido

That same offense Also has beat Bama. Then again neither Offense was Chad.  Please don't be a snowflake and use fake facts kiddo.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: BloodRedHog on January 01, 2018, 11:06:42 pm
Wow.
I want to win a title.

So does everybody. But I'll settle for not being shirty. 

rtr

Quote from: Hawghiggs on January 02, 2018, 12:14:03 am
So does everybody. But I'll settle for not being shirty. 
First things first.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: jackflash on January 01, 2018, 11:45:09 pm
good grief  let him coach a game first

Kind of hilarious that people pre-judge a coach before he coaches a game! 

FATHAWG08

i hope the OP realizes this is the best offense for Arkansas to be able play with Bama.
I love off season Football!!

SooieGeneris

Kelly Bryant threw the ball much better in most of Clemson's games than tonight. He's no DeShaun Watson, but how many college QBs are?

One of those INTs was a great play by the DB, on one Bryant was jack hammered as he threw the ball.

Play calling and all that had little to nothing to do with tonight's game. It wouldn't have mattered if Vince Lombardi or Bill Walsh had called plays for Clemson tonight.

Am I the only one who saw a sea of big white with red trim jerseys in the Clemson backfield all night? 'Bama's D Line manhandled Clemson on the LOS all night long. There are no play calls that work if your O line is getting pushed back into the backfield over and over.

That trick 'em stuff like some of the gimmick plays OU ran in the 1st half vs UGA works only if you're regular offense is clicking. You can't run a steady diet of gimmick plays as a base offense, they only work in special situations mostly.

In the 2nd half, OU dropped the gimmicks, they likely used them all up in the 1st half, not just to do something different but because their base offense wasn't working well either. UGA won the LOS in the 2nd half just as 'Bama did all night.

Clemson really overachieved this year to get this far after losing Watson, Mike Williams, Wayne Gallman and so many of the stars from last season. Last year, they played 'Bama in the finals meaning the Tide had only a week to prep, not a month..

'Bama was seething over the reports of their demise the last month, plus playing the team that cost them the NC a year ago. They were much fresher and healthier than they looked late in the regular season.

It wouldn't have mattered what college offense they were playing tonight or who the play caller was the way they dominated the LOS on defense.

'Bama in the Saban era almost never loses a season opener or any game where much is on the line with extra time to prepare. When they lose to uptempo offenses is when they are in mid or late regular season games with just a week to prep when maybe they aren't as healthy.

Playing them in a phone booth with an offense like BB's gives you little to no chance as we saw. CMs offense doesn't guarantee anything, it's about giving us a better chance and the uptempo offense gives us a little better chance. No college team will beat them if they control the LOS like they did tonight.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

logic

You can't judge a team or coach on one game.  Every game is different and no team wins every game.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ambien_sky on January 01, 2018, 11:15:34 pm
How is having a bad reaction to a prescription sleeping medication pathetic?  Usually the term 'pathetic' refers to something willful on the part of the person being insulted.  For example,  your comment was 'pathetic.' 

Now I feel like I am teaching English class again.
When you said it was your FIRST time... You went back into that water on your own volition.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

AirWarren

Freshman QB who was a deer in headlights against a healthy Bama Front 7.....

Oh. And no Deshaun Watson....

Pork Twain

First Chad Morris is no longer there, Second, Bama has also shut down Gus, Bobby P and every other coach they have faced, at one time or another
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

20gauge

Clemson offense wasn't near as good as it was last year. Graduated 70% of their offensive production and mainly an all world playmaker in Watson. Clemson was supposed to be able to win this in defense according to most experts.

Bama showed up ready to play, like a disrespected team.

garagelifter

Yes his offense got shut down in the playoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Which means it reached the playoff .
Stupid troll