Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 03:56:38 pm

Tough Night and Tough End

Started by FANONTHEHILL, November 24, 2017, 06:01:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

I'm currently in the Fred Smith Center and just found out that Coach Bielema has been released.  I hate that it didn't work out and I'll have a lot more to say in the coming days.  I do want to go on record and say that Coach is a good man and I wish him the best.  I can honestly say that if you had a son that played the game, you would want a man like coach to be his head coach. 

The players are still with the staff in the locker room.  It's going to be a hard night for these players.  It will be a new era in Razorback Football soon and I encourage everyone to get behind these players.  There is more talent here than what was shown this year.  I have a short novel on my computer at home that I'll post next week that is my theory on what went wrong.  Until then, it's time to turn the page and get back behind the program.

Go Hogs!
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

theFlyingHog

Thank you for sticking around this crazy website. Thank you for posting here and bringing your perspective.

go hogues

Absolutely.

With proper training and coaching, many of our players will shine. I'm hoping for as few transfers as possible.

WPS
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Bacons Rebellion

Looking forward to your story.

In spite of some the rhetoric here, very few think Bielema is a bad person. Just not up to the task he was given.

DeltaBoy

Prayers for the Players they tried hard!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bebop

I feel sorry for the players and the assistants but not Bielema. It was his ship to correct. He didn't set the kids up for success. He is out of his element.

With that said, thanks for posting as a parent of one of the players. The players may have liked Bielema they, however, deserve better.

WPS007

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 24, 2017, 06:01:37 pm
I’m currently in the Fred Smith Center and just found out that Coach Bielema has been released.  I hate that it didn’t work out and I’ll have a lot more to say in the coming days.  I do want to go on record and say that Coach is a good man and I wish him the best.  I can honestly say that if you had a son that played the game, you would want a man like coach to be his head coach. 

The players are still with the staff in the locker room.  It’s going to be a hard night for these players.  It will be a new era in Razorback Football soon and I encourage everyone to get behind these players.  There is more talent here than what was shown this year.  I have a short novel on my computer at home that I’ll post next week that is my theory on what went wrong.  Until then, it’s time to turn the page and get back behind the program.

Go Hogs!

Thanks for the insight. The players do come first.

Swestwill66

I'm currently in the Fred Smith Center and just found out that Coach Bielema has been released.  I hate that it didn't work out and I'll have a lot more to say in the coming days.  I do want to go on record and say that Coach is a good man and I wish him the best.  I can honestly say that if you had a son that played the game, you would want a man like coach to be his head coach. 

The players are still with the staff in the locker room.  It's going to be a hard night for these players.  It will be a new era in Razorback Football soon and I encourage everyone to get behind these players.  There is more talent here than what was shown this year.  I have a short novel on my computer at home that I'll post next week that is my theory on what went wrong.  Until then, it's time to turn the page and get back behind the program.

Go Hogs!
Agreed. There are a lot of promising athletes on the roster. Razorback nation will be behind the players!

Boardon Hamsay

CBB is a good guy. Just didn't work here, for many reasons. Wish him the very best. My perception of how he was let go is that it could have been done with a little more class but I don't know the whole story. It is what it is and most knew it was coming.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Dr. Starcs

Thanks foth. Can't wait to read your post.

jsfore

Thanks FONTH...always look forward to your thoughts and perspective from a player's family. I'm sure CBB was indeed a player's coach but ultimately we didn't get the sustained success needed.

hawg IQ

Quote from: jsfore on November 24, 2017, 06:13:32 pm
Thanks FONTH...always look forward to your thoughts and perspective from a player's family. I'm sure CBB was indeed a player's coach but ultimately we didn't get the sustained success needed.
[/quote Without a doubt BB most likely already knew when the game ended , he was gone.
go hogs go !

ChitownHawg

I’m currently in the Fred Smith Center and just found out that Coach Bielema has been released.  I hate that it didn’t work out and I’ll have a lot more to say in the coming days.  I do want to go on record and say that Coach is a good man and I wish him the best.  I can honestly say that if you had a son that played the game, you would want a man like coach to be his head coach. 

The players are still with the staff in the locker room.  It’s going to be a hard night for these players.  It will be a new era in Razorback Football soon and I encourage everyone to get behind these players.  There is more talent here than what was shown this year.  I have a short novel on my computer at home that I’ll post next week that is my theory on what went wrong.  Until then, it’s time to turn the page and get back behind the program.

Go Hogs!

Kudos for staying on the site. Must have been hard as a dad to read some of this stuff.

I stayed loyal to CBB until mid season. Didn't get angry at him - just knew it was time for him to go. I focus on the memories of the season end with JLS and that helps me see that CBB improved everything but the winning on the field.

The next coach will inherit players who work hard, have talent, go to class, make good grades, and stay out of trouble.

There is a lot there for the new coach to work with. He will have more than Bret did when he arrived. That is due to CBB.

He didn't win so I say goodbye. He is leaving a stable program, so I say thank you.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

247Hog

Really appreciate it FOTH. Tell the players thank you and we look forward to the future with them.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Hogswarts

Thank You, I can't wait to read what you have.

HogNTX

Go Hogs!

I have no doubt everything you say about him is true and I truly wish him the best. I wanted him to succeed here like he had at Wisconsin. I think the media attention and celebrity went to his head took his focus away from football. I like the guy but he just didn't get the job done that he was hired to do.

JIHawg

I look forward to your take, FOTH.

snoblind

Thanks FOTH.  We are pulling for your son and the rest of the players.

Faithful Hog

Thanks to the OP for the insight provided from time to time.  I always appreciate the perspective and pro-Hogs demeanor.

I wish Coach B, his family, and his staff the best.  I believe he truly loves his players and the game.  I hope he can learn from his experience here and find success in his next opportunity.

As for the players, I know change is leadership can be hard, but it can also be a good thing.  I look forward to watching you continue to compete for our program as long as you wear the cardinal and white.  There is some real talent on this team.  Change brings new hope and new possibilities.

I look forward to continuing support of my team and alma mater.  God bless and Go Hogs!

Dropkick

I hate it that it did not work out. I hope CBB finds much success in his next stop. The players left it all on the field for him today. Wish they could have gotten the W.

Kevin

They players always have my support.

I think this team does have some talent. With a different staff, and strength & conditioning program, I think they can turn it back to respectability next year.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jgphillips3

It was time for him to go, but he handled himself well.  I wish him all the best.

Silver Hog

"There is more talent here than what was shown this year." - kind of sums up the reason he is no longer coach.  I will be curious to read what you provide when it comes out.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Bebop on November 24, 2017, 06:04:46 pm
I feel sorry for the players and the assistants but not Bielema. It was his ship to correct. He didn't set the kids up for success. He is out of his element.

With that said, thanks for posting as a parent of one of the players. The players may have liked Bielema they, however, deserve better.
To be clear, no one cares who you feel sorry for.

jabberjawls

I have a feeling that words like "doghouse" and "favorites" will be in the novel.  I think a lot of us have been confused at times about who plays and who doesn't.  Hopefully we will get some insight into that because i, like FOTH, believes that there is a fair amount of talent there and i am optimistic about what a new coach can do with it.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2017, 08:36:59 pm
To be clear, no one cares who you feel sorry for.

Did you wake up this morning and think "I just wanna be a dick today"?

SMH

onebadrubi

As I said and I think more will be said by players, they really liked Bielema.  The results of the on the field did not deter things in the locker room, he had the locker room all the way through the season along with the respect from the players.  THey knew this was coming but uncertaintiy of what to come will not rest easy for the younger guys, also the agim, Hammonds, Harris, etc. 

STLhawg

I have a short novel on my computer at home that I'll post next week that is my theory on what went wrong. 
Last I heard you wanted to wait until BB and staff had been fired -- or maybe it was after the new head coach was hired.  Either way, I have been patiently waiting for your novel to be published.  :)

Cassperr

Quote from: STLhawg on December 27, 2017, 07:53:19 pm
Last I heard you wanted to wait until BB and staff had been fired -- or maybe it was after the new head coach was hired.  Either way, I have been patiently waiting for your novel to be published.  :)

me and you both..
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: STLhawg on December 27, 2017, 07:53:19 pm

I wouldn't expect it after some idiot started a thread calling for people to designate which players should leave and listed choices. A lot of people here, myself included, though the thread should have been put in the trash immediately but it wasn't. That upset him and I think he left here. I can understand why.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 27, 2017, 08:22:50 pm
I wouldn't expect it after some idiot started a thread calling for people to designate which players should leave and listed choices. A lot of people here, myself included, though the thread should have been put in the trash immediately but it wasn't. That upset him and I think he left here. I can understand why.

Yeah I said to "trash this before some idiot starts naming names".   I can't believe no one canned it.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HenduHog on December 27, 2017, 08:25:37 pm
Yeah I said to "trash this before some idiot starts naming names".   I can't believe no one canned it.

I didnt see it. Yall see crap like that pm me. It sends me an email when you do so even if Im not online I'll get the email.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Arky

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 27, 2017, 08:38:32 pm
I didnt see it. Yall see crap like that pm me. It sends me an email when you do so even if Im not online I’ll get the email.
crap...crap....crap..................................crap