Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

golf in Branson

Started by wachog, April 12, 2017, 05:34:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wachog

Which are your favorite courses to play in Branson ?

Boog41

Buffalo Ridge is my favorite course.

onebadrubi

Ledge stone and Branson hills are nice.

cosmodrum

I played Branson Creek several years ago and loved it, but it's named something different now and have no idea what shape it's in.

Edit: The googles tells me that it's now Buffalo Ridge. Can't vouch for it now, but it was great back then. Beautiful views, nice elevations, etc.
Go away, batin'

clutch

Only one I've played in Branson was Payne Stewart. I really liked the course. It was pretty difficult, but a fun course and in great condition.

Jim Harris

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 12, 2017, 11:15:59 am
I played Branson Creek several years ago and loved it, but it's named something different now and have no idea what shape it's in.

Edit: The googles tells me that it's now Buffalo Ridge. Can't vouch for it now, but it was great back then. Beautiful views, nice elevations, etc.

It's Buffalo Ridge. Tom Fazio design.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

zane

Quote from: Jim Harris on April 13, 2017, 09:09:23 am
It's Buffalo Ridge. Tom Fazio design.

Any Perry Maxwell courses??

Asking for a friend
RIP LSUfan

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: zane on April 13, 2017, 02:51:40 pm

Asking for a friend
No, but he drove through the Branson area once. Does that count?

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: zane on April 13, 2017, 02:51:40 pm

Asking for a friend
Don't let Brent Musberger see your avatar.

cc

Ledgestone, Buffalo Ridge, and Branson Hills are good ones.  Branson Hills is formerly known as Payne Stewart course and has been ranked the 1st or 2nd public course in Missouri for a few years running. Any of the 3 are good bets.  Point Royale gets good reviews but know nothing about it.

HognitiveDissonance

Bass Pro Shops' Johnny Morris has hired Tiger Woods to build a new Branson course, Payne's Valley.

What's with Branson and Payne Stewart? I know he's from Springfield, MO. But the course that had his name on it has changed to Branson Hills. I guess Morris figures there now needs to be another course with Payne's name on it.

clutch

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 18, 2017, 02:58:17 pm
Bass Pro Shops' Johnny Morris has hired Tiger Woods to build a new Branson course, Payne's Valley.

What's with Branson and Payne Stewart? I know he's from Springfield, MO. But the course that had his name on it has changed to Branson Hills. I guess Morris figures there now needs to be another course with Payne's name on it.

I think he lived there for quite a while.

Jim Harris

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 13, 2017, 04:59:16 pm
No, but he drove through the Branson area once. Does that count?

All he saw was rock. He moved on to where there was land he could work into a Perry Maxwell course. Or so I'm told.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 18, 2017, 02:58:17 pm

Are they going to overlay what was supposed to be Murderer's Rock for this new course?

HognitiveDissonance

Yes, it's the old Murder Rock course.
Played it, it was ok. Fabulous clubhouse, with views for miles. The course was not nearly as good as Branson Creek(now Buffalo Ridge), though.
Not sure if they're completely gutting Murder Rock or tweaking. If Tiger is involved, they're probably gutting.

parallaxpig

Buffalo Ridge my fav........   the Payne Stewart course is poorly designed for anybody who doesn't have a low handicap. My understanding is the new Tiger course will open in 2019 and there is another course being constructed that will open in 2018. Anybody know where that course is?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: parallaxpig on April 29, 2017, 07:33:16 am
Buffalo Ridge my fav........   the Payne Stewart course is poorly designed for anybody who doesn't have a low handicap. My understanding is the new Tiger course will open in 2019 and there is another course being constructed that will open in 2018. Anybody know where that course is?
Agree on the Payne Stewart course,  now called Branson Hills. Pretty course, but it's tough on the average player.

The problem with Branson courses is that they're just too hilly. Yes, coming from Arkansas it's strange to talk about hills that way, but the terrain in that area is very severe. Each hole is on a sidehill, uphill, downhill, severe drop to the green...etc etc. Just not the ideal terrain for a course. The Buffalo Ridge course is the best because they did a much better job at 'smoothing' the terrain to make it more playable and not a roller coaster ride. It's not a severe routing, but still incorporating the beauty of the natural area.