Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kevin Owens

Started by Ragnar Hogbrok, June 20, 2015, 10:02:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragnar Hogbrok

Am I the only one who thinks Kevin Owens is a slightly athletic fat dude that skips leg day at the gym? His mike skills suck, and his finisher requires a massive sell by his opponent.

No way, and I mean no way, was it believable that he beat Cesaro on Smack Down.  Why is he getting a push?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

RD

Triple H disagrees. Kevin Owens is a megastar in the making.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: RD on June 20, 2015, 10:54:06 pm
Triple H disagrees. Kevin Owens is a megastar in the making.

That much is obvious.   Unless they start giving him a new storyline to feed, I fear he will become what WWE creative has caused Bray Wyatt  to become:  annoying more than the new face of fear.

Maybe he's just green. Maybe WWE creative sucks.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

Big Papa Satan

He's the Antichrist of Pro Wrestling.

Richard_white

Quote from: The Chief on June 21, 2015, 08:44:16 am
That much is obvious.   Unless they start giving him a new storyline to feed, I fear he will become what WWE creative has caused Bray Wyatt  to become:  annoying more than the new face of fear.

Maybe he's just green. Maybe WWE creative sucks.

Agree about Bray Wyatt.  He isn't the new face of fear.  But the new face of putting people over.  It's a shame to.  He is very good.

RD

Quote from: Richard_white on June 21, 2015, 02:17:35 pm
Agree about Bray Wyatt.  He isn't the new face of fear.  But the new face of putting people over.  It's a shame to.  He is very good.
Wyatt is in danger of being pushed to below midcard.

Hogwop

I haven't watched any WWE programing since at least the begining of the year but I hate to hear that Wyatt is stuck in midcarder hell. I liked what I had seen out of him.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

hvsupastar

I disagree on all points about Owens. I do agree about Wyatt though. Just because Wyatt can cut a good promo doesn't mean he needs 5 minutes of mic time every night
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Richard_white

Quote from: hvsupastar on June 21, 2015, 07:02:14 pm
I disagree on all points about Owens. I do agree about Wyatt though. Just because Wyatt can cut a good promo doesn't mean he needs 5 minutes of mic time every night

Absolutely not, give that time for SuperCena to yell for 10 minutes.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Richard_white on June 21, 2015, 08:15:44 pm
Absolutely not, give that time for SuperCena to yell for 10 minutes.

Or maybe. Idk. Some wrestling
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

SwinerBock

Quote from: The Chief on June 20, 2015, 10:02:03 am
Am I the only one who thinks Kevin Owens is a slightly athletic fat dude that skips leg day at the gym? His mike skills suck, and his finisher requires a massive sell by his opponent.

No way, and I mean no way, was it believable that he beat Cesaro on Smack Down.  Why is he getting a push?
KO's finisher is better than SupahCena's AA.  Just sayin. 

And I think he has decent mike skills.  Better than a lot of the current roster, I would say.

jbell96

Quote from: The Chief on June 20, 2015, 10:02:03 am

Yep, you're in the minority. Owens is a fantastic worker, a phenomenal heel, and despite what you think, he can talk. I doubt a hall of fame guy like HHH would be pushing him to the moon if he wasn't any good.

Did you see either of the 2 PPV matches he had with Cena? Both were easily the match of the night on each show.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: SwinerBock on June 24, 2015, 07:59:02 am
KO's finisher is better than SupahCena's AA.  Just sayin. 

And I think he has decent mike skills.  Better than a lot of the current roster, I would say.

I don't use Cena as a measuring stick for good wrestlers.   Owens is just so monotone and whiny.  To me anyways.

HogScoutMaster

Need a another big guy like HHH.  I like KO attitude, but you're right....he is slightly over weight
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Eddie Goodson

Forgive me but I will take Mick Foley's word over you know it all knuckleheads.

QuoteFOLEY FEAR OWENS!
No matter where I was during the course of my career, I always felt comfortable in knowing that my character was unique and that my matches were going to be different than anyone else's on the card. I really think that if Kevin Owens had been around while I was in my peak that he would have forced me to become a better wrestler - to increase my limited offensive arsenal, and to step up the cardio to keep up with his faster pace. I appreciate that so many people miss me on their TV sets each week, but I'm not really gone. Kevin Owens is a faster, stronger, more aggressive version of me who you can see each week on WWE Raw and WWE SmackDown.
So does Foley fear Owens? In a way. I'm afraid that when wrestling's history book is written and the topic of top wrestlers with unorthodox body types is discussed, that my name will no longer be first on the list!
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

The_Iceman

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on June 25, 2015, 12:38:18 pm
Need a another big guy like HHH.  I like KO attitude, but you're right....he is slightly over weight

I think Roman Reigns could be the next HHH is they turned him Heel. His character would be much better as a HHH-style heel.

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: hvsupastar on June 21, 2015, 07:02:14 pm

They have 3 hours to fill.  If they cut Bray back, they'd substitute it with Sonic promos, Total Divas recaps, and other crap that most people fast forward through.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 01, 2015, 10:02:52 am
I think Roman Reigns could be the next HHH is they turned him Heel. His character would be much better as a HHH-style heel.

I can see that
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

zane

I think RR should go heel as well- especially after his huge push flopped. I never would have though that Ambrose and Rollins would be the top 2 coming out of The Shield.
RIP LSUfan

hvsupastar

What's so funny to me about RR is he is the Rocks cousin yet WWE made the same mistake with him they as they did with young Rock,  shoving the white meat baby face down your throat.  Sure RR was a heel as a faction star but solo he's been a predictable face.  Rock had enough personality to overcome, time will tell what happens with RR

pigture perfect

WWE is in need of of a serious overhaul. They have no good stand alone pieces anymore. Everyone has to be a part of team this or team that. HHH and Stephanie should stay behind the scenes and let good story lines develope without their interference. We need a good Iron Sheik Vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggins type rivalry.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Ragnar Hogbrok

I'm sorry, but it's just not believable to see skinny legged Kevin Owens pop up power bomb anyone. I will say I am starting to warm up to Owens' mine work this week. His commentary during the Cena-Cesaro match was pretty good.

I hope Cesaro is going to start getting a push. He's a talent that is being under utilized.