Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is sick of Auburn!

Started by #1 HOG FAN, November 06, 2006, 12:30:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 HOG FAN

Why do they get so much recognition and everything when they have played horrible for like the past 6 weeks.  They even played horrible against Florida and got lucky from a punter with bad hands.  We are better than Auburn and proved it yet analysts insist that Auburn is an elite national championship contender.  What are people in the media smoking?

hogfan064

Quote from: #1 HOG FAN on November 06, 2006, 12:30:07 pm
Why do they get so much recognition and everything when they have played horrible for like the past 6 weeks.  They even played horrible against Florida and got lucky from a punter with bad hands.  We are better than Auburn and proved it yet analysts insist that Auburn is an elite national championship contender.  What are people in the media smoking?

If it makes you feel better the South Carolina media were asking why Arkansas isn't ranked higher than Auburn today on a local talk show

IMAballHawg

We need to beat TN.  Frankly we have not beaten as many ranked Opponents as Aub.   

Give it time my friend.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

#1 HOG FAN

Wow that does make me feel alot better.  I live about 30 minutes from Auburn so they are all I hear about, but of course I got all the bragging rights.  They still insist that it was a fluke though and say they are embarrassed to of lost to us (I mean are they serious).

bill_bakerDW

DeltaBoy

Their smoking CRACK!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

spudhog

auburn gets a pass cause what happened 2 years ago. unfortunately they wont get a second crack at florida so after these next couple of weeks you wont here much.  they do make a good bridesmaid in the sec west dont you think?

#1 HOG FAN

Quote from: spudhog on November 06, 2006, 12:38:51 pm
auburn gets a pass cause what happened 2 years ago. unfortunately they wont get a second crack at florida so after these next couple of weeks you wont here much.  they do make a good bridesmaid in the sec west dont you think?
haha I'd have to agree with you

HoopS

I used to like them, but in light of TT complaining, then Irons being a jerk, the Cox lived up to his name, all the while being ranked ahead of us after we took their manhood in their place....yes I'm sick of hearing about them.

lawdog

November 06, 2006, 12:41:21 pm #9 Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 12:42:59 pm by lawdog
Quote from: IMAballHawg on November 06, 2006, 12:34:03 pm
We need to beat TN. 

Pound those Hillbillies!!!  Go Hogs!!

And Fire Nutt......I mean keep Nutt.....oh, wrong thread......
South Carolina: The Palmetto State
Home of the Fighting Gamecocks!

clifford_c_elliott

im gonna say right here...we beat auburn and we arent losin...whats so special about auburn that makes the BCS people love em so much, i mean number 5.....come on....if there gonna be ranked over us then maybe a little not...6 spots up...thats crazy

#1 HOG FAN

Quote from: clifford_c_elliott on November 06, 2006, 12:45:24 pm
im gonna say right here...we beat auburn and we arent losin...whats so special about auburn that makes the BCS people love em so much, i mean number 5.....come on....if there gonna be ranked over us then maybe a little not...6 spots up...thats crazy
The media just hates Arkansas so much for some reason, just think if it was Alabama instead of us in this situation, they would be ranked ahead of Ohio State just cause the media loves them so much.

B Ray

Respect is something you earn year after year, you can't win after 8 years of being around .500 and finally crack the top 25 and expect to be treated like ND,TX, USC  it takes year after year to earn that.

#1 HOG FAN

Quote from: B Ray on November 06, 2006, 12:50:04 pm
Respect is something you earn year after year, you can't win after 8 years of being around .500 and finally crack the top 25 and expect to be treated like ND,TX, USC  it takes year after year to earn that.
Good Point, but before the last two years, we had the best combined record in the SEC West over our 6 year bowl span.

seanj22

Couldn't of said it better myself.

but_dikus

The main thing making me sick about Auburn right now is:
Tommy T. locking arms with his players.  Every other commercial shows this and is beginning to give me the gay vibe!
There comes a point in football where lots of butt slapping and holding hands begins to raise eyebrows.   :puke:

dewayne

i dont think a 17 pt victory there is a fluke..

Red Tusk

Quote from: lawdog on November 06, 2006, 12:41:21 pm
Quote from: IMAballHawg on November 06, 2006, 12:34:03 pm
We need to beat TN. 

Pound those Hillbillies!!!  Go Hogs!!

And Fire Nutt......I mean keep Nutt.....oh, wrong thread......

Thanks for the well wishes lawdog..
you're catching on to the lingo around here pretty well...LOL
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

lokopig

The polls and the media and coaches that vote in them are not swayed in a heartbeat or 3/4 of a season. We are gradually moving up. Beating Tennessee and LSU will accelerate this process. It is frustrating now and makes no sense, but this is how it has always been.
The good side of this is that we will be ranked to start next year (probably anywhere from 5-15 depending how this season finishes) and a loss will not drop us out of the polls quickly.
The polls have the ebb and flow of lava, not a rain swollen creek.

skinnypig

SICK AND TIRED

JUST KEP WINING THE RESPECT WILL COME

HoopS

Listening to sports talk radio here in Houston and even they think the system is screwed up, based off of our ranking. 

hogchic2001

I am sick of Auburn AND TT....I saw him on ESPN the other night and he was still whinind about the BCS system and how they should be higher than they are.  FORGET the FACT they lost to us by 17. :puke:
Go HOGS Go!

hogsanity

I am sick of all these teams that start out ranked, get hammered, yet dont drop.  Thats why pre season polls should be done away with.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

#1 HOG FAN

Tubberville's ears are so big and hairy.  Gross!

sportscrazy

MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Everytime time I look at the BCS Standings I want to vomit.  We kicked them all over their field.  As long as we only have one loss then they should be ranked below us.  It is a disgrace.  I mean why play the games if head to head contests are not going to be the main point of reference when ranking the teams.  It is absurd.

HoggDaddySwint

Me and you can add Florida to the list also!!!!

#1 HOG FAN

Quote from: HoggDaddySwint on November 06, 2006, 11:34:34 pm
Me and you can add Florida to the list also!!!!
Yea but we'll take care of Florida in the SEC championship.

Yo Huckleberry

The Auburn love fest ends at approximately 9:30 Saturday night! :razorback:

JoyDivision

Auburn has played Florida, LSU, and  Arkansas whereas Arkansas has played USC and Auburn.  They have 2 big wins and we have 1.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Smithers™

I hate Auburn...

(wait-listed me this morning)

HogPharmD

You guys covered it pretty well except for the economical angle. There is no objective foundation in the format for the BCS. We are a victim of market share to a degree. Tubby is right about the playoff system IMO. Nothing is settled by this mess. We could win out and play in the Sugar Bowl while Auburn... good grief don't get me started again.

Go Hogs!!

:razorback: :razorback:

dhornjr1

You know what would really suck?

Hypothetical situation:

We go 11-1 in the regular season, pound Auburn into the turf on their home field, then lose to Florida in the SECCG and Auburn gets an at-large BCS bid and we get stuck with the Capital One Bowl. Don't think that couldn't happen. All these "knowledgeable" football people have been sucking Auburn's di*ks all season and they could do something like that.

I'm not saying we'll go 11-1, but it's possible. It's also possible that the Auburn lovers could screw us.

hogfan13

ESPN Was motivating arkansas to show what they are really made of so they could stop talking about auburn

rzrbk4life

ME!!! I have a buddy that is an auburn fan and when we beat them he said that they were still going to win the west!!! That we would not win out and play in the seccg. I want to win out so bad just to prove to not only him but everyone else that these hogs are for real. WHEN we win this weekend i believe that people will start to get on the bandwagon and we'll start to go up in the polls.
Let's call those hogs!!!!

ZAP743

Quote from: spudhog on November 06, 2006, 12:38:51 pm

I don't know if you listen to Colin Cowherd on ESPNRadio, but he says basically the same thing...If you've never listened to him, try to sometime...He says some dumb things sometimes, but I usually agree with a lot of his college football opinions!!

If we take care of our business, then the rankings will take care of themselves...Beat the Vols, Dogs, Tigers, & Gators, and the respect will be there...I promise ya!!

Hawg_Heaven

The best thing we can do to stop all of this is win. If we beat Tennessee, MSU, and LSU; we will jump in the rankings and I believe we will jump above Auburn. We would probably end up taking their spot. Then in the SECCG, we would be playing against the #4 (actually probably #3 or #2 after the Michigan/OSU game) team and would take their spot if we win. If, and that is a huge if, we win out, there is a good chance we could play in the Championship game. There are only a few variables that play into this. 1. How the computers handle the Big East schedules or if they all lose 2. If Texas wins out and doesn't lose again. We will just have to be patient and keep winning. :)

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: Squishy on November 07, 2006, 12:16:38 am
It is in our hands, we are going to get or lose the respect ourselves, we don't have to beg for it.

Yep, totally agree with you. If you want respect, you have to earn it. I am glad that our players seem to be thinking that way also.

#1 HOG FAN

This is awesome how we are having this conversation!

Nick_in_Clarksville

I'll give it to you in one sentence bro.  Auburn is 2-1 against ranked opponents and lost by 17 in their only loss, Arkansas is 1-1 against ranked opponents and lost by 36 in their loss.  Now that that is cleared up, we should jump up in the BCS rankings after we beat Tennessee, if we are able to do so.  And even moreso if we beat LSU if we win between now and then.

bigchilling

Who did Auburn lose to that was ranked?
Y'all are staring at me like a dog that has just been shown a card trick.

#1 HOG FAN

Quote from: bigchilling on November 07, 2006, 01:37:14 am
Yea I'm pretty sure we were unranked in that win over Auburn.

Nick_in_Clarksville

November 07, 2006, 01:52:51 am #42 Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 01:55:13 am by Nick_in_Clarksville
Quote from: #1 HOG FAN on November 07, 2006, 01:43:42 am
Quote from: bigchilling on November 07, 2006, 01:37:14 am
Yea I'm pretty sure we were unranked in that win over Auburn.

We must have been ranked or Espn's website is wrong.  We are they're only loss this season and if you go to their website it says they are 2-1 against AP ranked opponents.  Again, they could be wrong.

Try this link here:  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/confstandings?confID=8

Nick_in_Clarksville

You are right.  Just noticed at the bottom of that website it says:  Records vs. Associated Press Top 25 and USA Today Top 25 teams reflect the current week's rankings.

My bad

loserhog3-7

We still have 3 games to win before Auburn is out of the picture.

Nick_in_Clarksville

Quote from: loserhog3-7 on November 07, 2006, 02:04:13 am
We still have 3 games to win before Auburn is out of the picture.

I was under the impression that if we won two of our last three games and it resulted in a tie with Auburn, we would get the nod to go to the SEC championship because we beat Auburn.  I could be wrong, thats just what I have gathered so far.